Special Attacks and Blocks with a Shield...

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Revan
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Special Attacks and Blocks with a Shield...

Post by Revan »

Scenario: DrBiggie and I (LR) were sparring today outside Nord. We were going at it, me with my claymore and him with his shield and rondel (I think). Anyway, I build up my rage and decide that it was time to unleash a mean flurry upon him. Now, for all you fighters and rogues out there, a flurry can contain 3 to 5 hits, which implies 3 to 5 swings of the sword. So anyway, I unleash my flurry and Biggie just blocks it.

This bothers me. I'm not saying that Biggie shouldn't be able to block part of the flurry. I mean, he has a fantastic shield and a whopping 25 skill with block ( :roll: ). What I do think is unreasonable is that he can block a full flurry. The picture that always comes to my mind is in the Lord of the Rings. Whenever Aragorn, with his giant ass claymore, wallops someones shield it completely throws his adversary off balance, leaving their midsection/head/whatever open to another attack.

*Keep in mind that I have no clue about programming and the like when I talk about this next part*

Could the block system be re-worked so that when a fighter or a rogue performs a flurry on someone with a shield equipped, the said shield user only blocks the first hit of the flurry instead of completely cancelling out the flurry altogether?

Something like:

LordRevan unleashes Flurry!
DrBiggie blocks first slash!
LordRevan hits for 30 damage!
LordRevan hits for 23 damage!
LordRevan hits for 35 damage!
goemon: "Anyone wanna give me enchanted wood?"
Revan
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by Revan »

Or! Maybe the Flurry has a chance to unequip the shield.
goemon: "Anyone wanna give me enchanted wood?"