Spell Ideas *again*

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

wishIwasDM
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Spell Ideas *again*

Post by wishIwasDM »

I tried to cast An Corp on the old spell idea thread, but then I got the message that only admins can post in the Archive thread...so here's the new spell idea thread!!!!...Till it gets closed.

Spell/scroll that raises encumbrance

Spell that harms the mage casting, greatly raises his threat to monsters, but gives a portion of the damage taken from the spell to all party members in his area(takes 100 damage, 2 party members, heals both for 50)
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Do you mean that you take damage just for casting the spell, or do you mean that you are the target of the spell?
wishIwasDM

Post by wishIwasDM »

Both. The spell inflicts damage to you based on int/hp whatever, and your threat meter goes up by partied people in your area x w/e, and the damage taken is then dealt out evenly amongst people in party, not a mass XVM, just damage dealt divided by people.
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

I like the concept but I don't know why would have to recieve damage to cast the spell.
wishIwasDM

Post by wishIwasDM »

Figured a mass XVM or mass heal to all team mates would be overpowered, but then maybe it won't. That's my spell idea ways, something to heal all team mates around, maybe no dmg and a souped up XM or damage and XVM.
kaiser
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kaiser »

Id like to see an ice bolt spell simple recolor of a VF spell but it would be light blue like blue dragons.

Id also like to see a blood bolt spell like VOG when bloodlords but it would take you hp while you cast it, say you have VOG and it does 20dmg and you have 100hp when you cast blood bolt it do 40dmg (20 more then VOG) but it take your life as it's cast, the spell would take both mana and HP but the spell would stop once your down to about 30% of your life or it could be able to kill you.
wishIwasDM

Post by wishIwasDM »

I've thought about a ranged IJO for a long time.
DarkIllusionist
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by DarkIllusionist »

Id like mass party heal. The counter should be either big cooldown, or just minor heal.
wishIwasDM

Post by wishIwasDM »

OR DAMAGE TOO DAMNIT
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

A little off topic but how about a magic item that let someone use their HP as mana. Of course to be fair you'd also have to have an item that let you use your mana as HP :smoke:
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

Rusty wrote:Of course to be fair you'd also have to have an item that let you use your mana as HP
I'd really like that :smile:
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Aristarch

Post by Aristarch »

Not an item maybe, but a spell?
Ha, the mana shield, though it would have to be 5 or 10 mana points per each hit point if it was to be sane.
The other way around, what about the VM? You'd heal fully only using just a few hitpoints.
Foul beast approaches?!
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

Mage spell "silence" that prevent other creature/player to cast spell for a few seconds
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

Actually, let's make this "New spells/abilities" topic instead of mage spells.

Spells:
-
My ideas:
[Insert runic here] - Some sort of Sacrifice spell, takes up x amount of hp and transfers it to y amount of mana (the lesser version would do like 100hp->50 mana given and the greater would do it with 100% rate, like 100hp->100 mana), don't rate the numbers - rate the content
[Insert runic here] - Slight nightvision buff for an x amount of time (this would come handy for mages who want to go in invis and have a better vision, ideal now because you can't make goldweave set 15 vig/15 int anymore)
[Insert runic here] - Replace / make a new Xen Mani like spell, but with possible party targeting (like shooting with ranged weaponry / Grav Por)
[Insert runic here] - Some sort of fear spell with limited radius, easily resisted, works like bad breath

Old ideas from the old threads:
[Insert runic here] - X amount of str for y amount of time, like Ex Uus but they shouldn't stack
[Incert runic here] - X amount of int for y amount of time, like Ex Uus but they shouldn't stack
-
Fighter skills:
-
My ideas:
Smite/Bash/Slam w/e - Secondary attack with your shield which costs rage, and deals x amount of damage to your foe (x could be taken from your stats/shield/blocking skill etc), and possible stuns/silences the foe. It would be cool too to enhance weaponsmithing and add stuff like tinted shield spikes, which would be either a suffix or a prefix, and they would increase the shield damage done (or blocking?).
-
Rogue skills:
-
Old ideas from the old threads:
Feign Death - Copied from WoW! Changes your avatar to a corpse, but I have no clue how it would distract monsters.
-
PS: I don't care if you think it's silly, overpowered, underpowered, unnecessary or such. I felt that I should share some of my ideas here, so don't judge them too much.
:mad:
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

VXC- does more damage than XC, but isn't ranged
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

Luxorious wrote:[Insert runic here] - Some sort of Sacrifice spell, takes up x amount of hp and transfers it to y amount of mana (the lesser version would do like 100hp->50 mana given and the greater would do it with 100% rate, like 100hp->100 mana), don't rate the numbers - rate the content
The ratio would have to be similar to the player's max hp to max mana ratio, I have 250 base hp, and 550 mana, I see it fair to lose 1 hp to 2 mana, but then how would you deside how much hp the player lost, unless you did it like mana cost, and set the spell at lvl 8 and cost 32 hp to restore like 70 mana. Or sacrafice Half of your MAX life (say max = 200, and you have 100, you cast and die.) to restore Half Max Mana, in my case, lose 125 Hp, to regain 275 Mana. But Blue potions I would see has much more useful than gambling your life in a battle.
Luxorious wrote:[Insert runic here] - Slight nightvision buff for an x amount of time (this would come handy for mages who want to go in invis and have a better vision, ideal now because you can't make goldweave set 15 vig/15 int anymore)
Don't see a need for this. Just wear NV gear, I carry around NV + 4 and 3 ring just for when it gets dark, but I lose +38 INT, but its a sacrafice I'm willing to make.
Luxorious wrote:[Insert runic here] - Replace / make a new Xen Mani like spell, but with possible party targeting (like shooting with ranged weaponry / Grav Por)
Would be nice, but Not really needed... If your member is up close doing the dmg and taking the heat, you shouldn't be worried about be next to them, even in Lava you should have enough hp to last 7 secs of lava dmg w/out dieing, hopefully.
Same Guy wrote:[Insert runic here] - Some sort of fear spell with limited radius, easily resisted, works like bad breath
Just QAW, if works, then the monster will start attking others, or just go back to the spot it respawned at. This is one of those spells I see coming in, and everyone using it once or twice and not using it much anymore... Like QAW or AXE (i think) which is Charm...
Who do you think wrote:Old ideas from the old threads:
[Insert runic here] - X amount of str for y amount of time, like Ex Uus but they shouldn't stack
[Incert runic here] - X amount of int for y amount of time, like Ex Uus but they shouldn't stack
Big yes on this.. Please.. or people can just carry around Enchanted Cheese, BUT only for STR, be a bit over powered if a player could cast a spell to get +100 int added to their already hundreds, and I think STR should be limited to like 50-75 off of this maybe, or just make it limit at 100, but not give as much HP as true str... B/c this would be ARTIFICAL, nothin' better than the real THANG.

Would love to see a possible maybe 25% chance of everytime you Block, you don't just block, you deal dmg in return, This depends on the sheild maybe, b/c a buckler would be a pebble while a Tower sheild would be a Boulder, ya get what I'm saying :D

But shield stunning or w/e would render any use of a Mace useless, except on the type of monsters that maces affect more..

No need for 'Feign Death' *quote*THIS IS EUO!*unquote*

SOME SPELL, revisions, ID LOVE TO SEE!!!
IZH be brought back to full power. PLEASE! I haven't used it since I found out it sucks now :(
Owls
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Owls »

I'd personally like to see backstab type moves for foils and ranged for rogues. I would love to use foils and bows, but I don't see much of a point, when shortswords have the extremely deadly backstab attack. It'd be nice to see a similar type move for the other two weapons. Maybe even something along the lines of dealing their special, so a foil backstab disarms them, and a ranged backstab wounds them. The last bit is just a random idea as to what they would do, but none the less, I would very much like to see something like I mentioned above.
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Why not do both? It's not too hard GMing two skills and binding your foil onto a number key so after you backstab you switch to foils. Mackey does it all the time.
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

It would be cool if you could use ranged weapons without becoming visible, but monsters would be alerted as to your presence. However, this would probably be overpowered, because so few monsters cast WQ, and most would only be able to flee in terror :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON: . Hm.
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

Stinger wrote:It would be cool if you could use ranged weapons without becoming visible, but monsters would be alerted as to your presence. However, this would probably be overpowered, because so few monsters cast WQ, and most would only be able to flee in terror :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON: . Hm.
Why not just go to pendragon with a bow and take out the monsters behind the fences that can't get you?