Taming List

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Since I can't play due to my computer completely being screwed up I could always amend parts of the manual and erase those areas. If I was made a moderator of the forums as well I could simply erase these tidbit info sections so newcomers and others alike would have to do their own research. I can't do anything atm about people asking newb questions in-game so I advise to either /global off, tell a DM/GM they're bothering you, or just ignore them.
ZUPS!!!!
Karina
Hey I just posted on an internet forum!

Post by Karina »

Someone's either got alot of rage in them, or is definately taking the whole "role-playing" part overboard...

I say no more on that matter.

I agree with (I think laz said it) the whole "You don't have to look if you don't want to" deal. If you want to find the game out for yourself, then go right on ahead. For others who like to follow certain guide-lines and read the strategy guides to games they enjoy, then I say let them read. That IS what the manual is for, is it not?

I see no reason as to why people cannot look on the manual and say "Hm, I just reached level 35 taming, I wonder what I can tame next and I wonder if it's stronger. *look at taming guide* Ah! A Goblin Shaman, well, I know through personal experience that they summon other monsters, but they have low health. I think I might try to tame one and keep it as a pet. Those summons sure might come in handy." While players can go to it and say "Lets see how I'm going to calculate the next 5 hours I'm going to spend raising my weaponsmithing skill *enter weaponsmithing section of manual* Ah, so, at this level I can make great mauls, and then later I can start making even copper great mauls!"

You speak of these "spoilers" as if they're a bad thing, not realizing that you've also been reading spoilers on most other crafting skills. Because (dispite what Rush added about him actually trying to tame things without asking players) there are still many players who rely on these guides.

If you remove all the lists from the manual, then what's the point? So people can turn to the woodcrafting section and read: "Welcome to woodcrafting. Buy a woodcutting axe and chop down some forests. Then use a pocket knife to craft the wood into whatever you can. Enjoy!" How many people are going to craft after that compared to the amount of people who craft now? Sure, there will still be crafters, but there will also be players who were discouraged because they did not know what they were doing, and the manual didn't help them in the least.

Next?
I'm not here for your "amusement" or "entertainment". And you're regret saying so.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Rage? I was actually rather calm when I posted that. I know in the day of the internet and such that people can just pop on to any cheat code site and write em down then cheat on any console/PC game to their hearts content. Back in the day cheats weren't exactly easy to find to games unless you bought the books or subscribed to various magazines. What fun is a game if you know everything before hand? I wish I'd never filled up a lot of those guides with all the tables.

You kids need to take a breather and enjoy the view. Go outside and play; there's more to life than EUO. I've been relatively clean for a little bit now.
ZUPS!!!!
Backstabb
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by Backstabb »

Keighn wrote:Since I can't play due to my computer completely being screwed up I could always amend parts of the manual and erase those areas. If I was made a moderator of the forums as well I could simply erase these tidbit info sections so newcomers and others alike would have to do their own research. I can't do anything atm about people asking newb questions in-game so I advise to either /global off, tell a DM/GM they're bothering you, or just ignore them.
Karina wrote:Someone's either got alot of rage in them, or is definately taking the whole "role-playing" part overboard...

I say no more on that matter.

I agree with (I think laz said it) the whole "You don't have to look if you don't want to" deal. If you want to find the game out for yourself, then go right on ahead. For others who like to follow certain guide-lines and read the strategy guides to games they enjoy, then I say let them read. That IS what the manual is for, is it not?

I see no reason as to why people cannot look on the manual and say "Hm, I just reached level 35 taming, I wonder what I can tame next and I wonder if it's stronger. *look at taming guide* Ah! A Goblin Shaman, well, I know through personal experience that they summon other monsters, but they have low health. I think I might try to tame one and keep it as a pet. Those summons sure might come in handy." While players can go to it and say "Lets see how I'm going to calculate the next 5 hours I'm going to spend raising my weaponsmithing skill *enter weaponsmithing section of manual* Ah, so, at this level I can make great mauls, and then later I can start making even copper great mauls!"

You speak of these "spoilers" as if they're a bad thing, not realizing that you've also been reading spoilers on most other crafting skills. Because (dispite what Rush added about him actually trying to tame things without asking players) there are still many players who rely on these guides.

If you remove all the lists from the manual, then what's the point? So people can turn to the woodcrafting section and read: "Welcome to woodcrafting. Buy a woodcutting axe and chop down some forests. Then use a pocket knife to craft the wood into whatever you can. Enjoy!" How many people are going to craft after that compared to the amount of people who craft now? Sure, there will still be crafters, but there will also be players who were discouraged because they did not know what they were doing, and the manual didn't help them in the least.

Next?
Keighn wrote:Rage? I was actually rather calm when I posted that. I know in the day of the internet and such that people can just pop on to any cheat code site and write em down then cheat on any console/PC game to their hearts content. Back in the day cheats weren't exactly easy to find to games unless you bought the books or subscribed to various magazines. What fun is a game if you know everything before hand? I wish I'd never filled up a lot of those guides with all the tables.

You kids need to take a breather and enjoy the view. Go outside and play; there's more to life than EUO. I've been relatively clean for a little bit now.
I thought this thread was about taming...
Regular
---------------------

Columbus---------> 53

Backstabb---------> 29

Canaan------------> 32

Permant Death
----------------------
SirVerrath--------->56