Where the hell is the music!?!

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Paul
How do I attack?

Post by Paul »

eggmceye wrote:Don't use his lousy midi since he's being such a jerk about it ...
It seems that only one of you at least understand English? If you are musicians and if you know how to handle a program as Cakewalk, Sonar, Qbase or perhaps a more complicated acoustic music generator you would compose your own music. But I guess you can't see the difference between a C minor and major. There are some courses even on the internet how to master music nowadays. :dance:
Lady Faerfoxe
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Ettiquette

Post by Lady Faerfoxe »

And it seems at least one person here doesn't know how *not* to sound like a pompous, arrogant idiot.

I suggest you try to enrole in a good communication skills course. Or piss off and go fiddle with your instrument.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

eggmceye wrote:Don't use his lousy midi since he's being such a POMPOUS jerk about it ...
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

I don't understand. Someone grabs this dude's music. And he comeS to this forums just to bitch about it? What the hell? He puts a tracking bug on his music so he can hunt down people who steal them terminate thim with his angry words, which then causes depression and cutting of wrists, and possibly suicide, then he goes around thinking to himself that his music is so great?
~Mario
Paul
How do I attack?

Stealing instead of just asking.

Post by Paul »

Oh sorry, I forgot to tell that Djanno will be offline for a while since his bootsector will be infected pretty bad by now. It was an offer I could not refuse.
That's All Folks! :dance:
Aristarch
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Aristarch »

And I thought retards don't get webmasters jobs!
If you don't want your music downloaded and listened to, just don't host it. Djanno never claimed to be an author of the piece and it only got renamed because the game accepts only that name as a file to play. What's wrong about doing that for personal use? I can't imagine a musician who wouldn't like his work appreciated.
Well, sir, you are an idiot.
The only crime I see here is your, as you claim, hacking of Djanno's. And you've been nice enough to tell your personalia.
Foul beast approaches?!
Trojan
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Trojan »

Paul just as a suggestion I think maybe you should follow this link >>> http://www.baddteddy.com/computer_tutor ... iruses.htm and read up about intentionally sending a virus.
Phi Alpha bitches!
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

Paul wrote:
eggmceye wrote:Don't use his lousy midi since he's being such a jerk about it ...
It seems that only one of you at least understand English? If you are musicians and if you know how to handle a program as Cakewalk, Sonar, Qbase or perhaps a more complicated acoustic music generator you would compose your own music. But I guess you can't see the difference between a C minor and major. There are some courses even on the internet how to master music nowadays. :dance:
The change of the key the music is in. You don't need to know how to play any instrument to be able to tell the difference between any two keys. you simply need to know that there are 7 lettered notes, 5 of which have sharps, 5 of which have flats, all in various octives, and that major and minor keys are just a shift of playing 1 note instead of the note that you see on the paper. Any fool could look at a keyboard and see ALL of that on just a small section. What's showing how foolish and unprofesional you are is that when someone uses your music that you ALLOW them to, seeing as you did host it on the internet, you track them down to this game, come onto THIS forum, start telling THESE people what to do and what not to do. You call yourself a professional, you're simply another kid at some home computer with a slight education in how to fuck up the internet.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Lady Faerfoxe
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Lady Faerfoxe »

Paul wrote:Oh sorry, I forgot to tell that Djanno will be offline for a while since his bootsector will be infected pretty bad by now. It was an offer I could not refuse.
Hmmm, we're all in awe of your towering intellect.

Well, we would be; but the days when you could be mistaken for the next Bill Gates by delivering a virus were called "the nineties". And these days, people who immerse themselves into a narrow field of study ("Folias"?) that nobody else (not even the Wiki crowd) cares about aren't called a "misunderstood genius" - they're called "irrelevant", "socially inept" and "pretentious".

Why are you still here?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

wahahaha
laz
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Where the hell is the music!?!

Post by laz »

The way i see it, this was a nice opportunity to spread the knowledge regarding the music, had things been dealt some other way!
I cannot deny having heard of it before, but i would not remember it. At least, due to all this fuss, i got to refresh my memory about it.

Also, who does pages "best viewed at 800 x 600"? :(
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Paul wrote:
Djanno wrote:I downloaded the midi from the site I posted and changed the name to 'intro', and put it in the sounds folder to see how it feels.

I like it!
Well I don't!
If you are a musician as you claim to be, I would suggest that you leave my midifiles where they are and certainly don't rename it and use it for whatever purpose. I hate Folias used for other meanings where they were intended for and I hate people that steal files and rename them!
I would advice you to try to do a course in learning how to read music and playing an instrument.
Paul Gabler, webmaste X-D r of La Folia, a musical cathedral.
Hey Paul (if you ever return to read this),

My intention was to share and expose some good music that I found.

I love the Folias, I play classical guitar and really like Llobet's variations. One day I decided to search the web and I found your website. Nice job, great reference site btw.

Now about using Folias... aren't they meant for listening and enjoying? I liked that anonymous Folia and wanted to enjoy it while I played EUO. The Folia did not get put into the game that can be downloaded on the site, I had to place it in MY OWN file myself.

I just explaned how I did it.

Stealing? Well, the midi was there free for downloading and I renamed the file it so it would play on my own computer while I played the game. Also, I suspect that you simply copied the score from a manuscript so the only thing I possibly 'stole' was the time it took you to enter it in a program. Probably not too much right? I did not take credit for composing or making the file either. I put a link to your site so people know where it came from and hopefully get some info on the interesting Folias.

Shouldn't you be happy that people are enjoying your efforts?

Now accusing me of being musically ignorant wasn't too nice, :chill: in fact I'm going to transcribe that Folia myself for guitar. I'll have to hand write it on staff paper because I hate music software programs, I'm old school :smoke: .

And the virus threat, jeez I hope you attend an anger management course. :P
Djanno :smoke:
WbBann
Here for the lesbians.

Post by WbBann »

paul sounds like a nob... supposing somebody *secretly* downloads your midi files, renames it and puts it as a song in for example a rm2k game or a euo midi file, how are you supposed to find out? if you do know, then you obviously have spyware or something on your midi files which is illegal.

why be an arse when people are complimenting your work? hopefully you don't act like this in the real world, you'll just get beaten up.

jeez, never thought I would reply to a thread called "Where the hell is the music!?!" :mad:
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

He probably just googled his url, if that's even him and not someone trolling.
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

I love how Djanno stays completely cool in his comment. It's like, he won't get angry.
~Mario
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh me too, I got a lot more crankier than Djanno about it but decided not to do anything since I'm trying to stay out of fights atm
goemon
on lolpatrol

Post by goemon »

this makes me laugh, and how dare you be such an asshole to EUO's musician! ( :\ thats how i think of him. )
LETS SEE YOU PLAY STONES THAT GOOD ON A GUITAR!!

X-D

:O has that topic been deleted!?!?!?!?!?
would someone be kind enough to post a link to the page again..? ooorr e-mail it to me at ninja_pizza2234@cox.net ( please, NO SPAM!)
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Djanno :smoke:
goemon
on lolpatrol

Post by goemon »

:) thanks alot!
IT IS S
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Where WAS the music?

Post by IT IS S »

I plan to put my own (homemade) MIDI's into the game.
intro
continent
towne
dungeon
Can anyone confirm that these are the (only) ones? Maybe there are some hidden unused extra options?
When I've made a set I'm happy with, I'll put them online.
Thanks in advance for help.
[append]
Maybe someone could point out some technicalities that the midi should adhere to. For instance MIDI 0 or MIDI 1 maximum length or maybe ther's some forced loop points.