Where the hell is the music!?!

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Where the hell is the music!?!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

Ok first off im sure there already is a post about this but i couldnt find it. I recently noticed the music in euo WAS GONE! When i realised this i was devistated! i mean the music was one of the things that got me hooked. i've heard rumors that the reason the music is now gone is because of "Copyright" issues. Egg if this true will there ever be music again, or some of the same? -Colt
Skullybones
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Skullybones »

All for "Ruki - EUO" being made the opening screen song say aye. That alone would add a sufficient amount of awesome to the game, even if it wasn't really one of his best works. How many games can claim to have that kind of fan song XD
KoRnAGAIN

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

Not exactly what i had in mind. :shock:
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

I've found a midi file version of an anonymously composed piece written ca. 1700. It is three variations on the ancient 'La Folia' theme, written for solo harp.

I really think it would be a nice piece for the opening screen, it has the old school ultima feel to it and since it is so old would be free of copyright.

If you want a listen scroll down to the 'anonymous for harp solo' It's the first midi example on this page:
http://www.folias.nl/html5.html
Djanno :smoke:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'm not entirely sure but euo was originally packaged with the following midis:

intro
continent
towne
dungeon

All of these midis were recomposed by various artists (as I don't believe they were originally midis). Simple solution is to find a midi you like and place it into your sound folder. Then rename said midi to one of the four I listed above. To get the intro working you might need to open your config in euo via notepad and change the following:

music=1

All that said, not all midis work well together. I've found some midis that play once and then leave a horrid echo or long silence. Sometimes the sound gets distorted so you will have to test each and see what works for you.
ZUPS!!!!
KoRnAGAIN

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

I was curious if i could actually put my own midi files into the EUO files but i never tryed it. Still, i just wish that egg would refill the EUO files with the old midi files. I really liked Djanno's midi file.
For now i guess ill try the whole do it myself but to me its just not the same i guess. :"(
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

I can't remember where they came from, but I've got the U6 music on midi so I just copied them in and use them instead. It might be possible to find all the old Ultima tunes on line somewhere.
KoRnAGAIN

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

Was the old music from UO? :?
Nevita
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Nevita »

kusofthevalley wrote: It might be possible to find all the old Ultima tunes on line somewhere.
Ask and ye shall receive...

http://www.uo.com/archive/music.html
KoRnAGAIN

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

:smoke: Very Nice!
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

I downloaded the midi from the site I posted and changed the name to 'intro', and put it in the sounds folder to see how it feels.

I like it!
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Ken Oh,

Just to be sure, do you know that shift-m turns the music on and off in game?

Also the volume is adjusted by the + and - on the number pad.
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

I miss the old EUO music. I wish someone would host the old music or something so I could download them.
Daemon
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Daemon »

jumpstart wrote:I wish someone would host the old music or something so I could download them.
You've got to understand, that music is copyrighted. People shouldn't just put it in a .zip file and put it on a webpage RIGHT HERE.

If you were to get such a .zip file, remember to unzip the contents into your sound folder, under the main EUO directory. Not that I could possibly condone you doing that.
LAUGHING OUTSIDE LIKE A MORMON
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON. I like the one Daemon put than the old ones.
I do know how to put it in sound folder.
I even got Linkin Park ringtones and put them in there.

But I was looking for the sound files that were used in EUO before that got removed. I know it is copyrighted. But oh well.
~Mario
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

Old sound Yay!

Dudle
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Daemon
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Daemon »

jumpstart wrote:But I was looking for the sound files that were used in EUO before that got removed.
Hmmm, you're right... there are older files than that.

I doubt that page that was RIGHT HERE now has a new link to the older files.

Tsk.
LAUGHING OUTSIDE LIKE A MORMON
Paul
How do I attack?

stealing midi files

Post by Paul »

Djanno wrote:I downloaded the midi from the site I posted and changed the name to 'intro', and put it in the sounds folder to see how it feels.

I like it!
Well I don't!
If you are a musician as you claim to be, I would suggest that you leave my midifiles where they are and certainly don't rename it and use it for whatever purpose. I hate Folias used for other meanings where they were intended for and I hate people that steal files and rename them!
I would advice you to try to do a course in learning how to read music and playing an instrument.
Paul Gabler, webmaste X-D r of La Folia, a musical cathedral.
BlackMage
I should probably get out more.

Post by BlackMage »

Oh snapppppppppppppppp

Someone's about to get bustedddddddddddddddddd X-D
"All things end in judgement."
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Don't use his lousy midi since he's being such a jerk about it ...