misc updates thread

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

wishIwasDM
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: misc updates thread

Post by wishIwasDM »

walking while encumbered - cool. going to move all my crafters back to orig spots
The snake only strikes when the stars are aligned.
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

AWESOMENESS - dual wield separate attack effects - thanks alot egg!
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

yes, very nice egg. Thank you.
DarkIllusionist
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by DarkIllusionist »

eggmceye wrote: 7 jan patch moa 0.96f
* re added in dual wield separate attack effects, works better with lag
What exactly does this mean?

If it means what i think it means, half troll time :D
ChildProdigy
DarkIllusionist
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by DarkIllusionist »

DarkIllusionist wrote:
eggmceye wrote: 7 jan patch moa 0.96f
* re added in dual wield separate attack effects, works better with lag
What exactly does this mean?

If it means what i think it means, half troll time :D
* shortsword speed slower, now at 2
It felt balanced when shortsword was faster.

Rondels had higher damage, and because dragons were very commonly hunted monsters it was generally a better choice, even with the slower attack speed.

Now the only advantage shortsword has over rondel is the hellspawn damage, which hardly matters seeing as theres no hellspawn really worth hunting other than the occasional demon, but thats just me.
ChildProdigy
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yawn
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

talk to me about 'balance' after you've asdffjgljaldsfjksadlfkj FUCKKKK
DrBiggie
on lolpatrol

Post by DrBiggie »

/ignore
"I should make a gold suit of armor for my pimp"

DrBiggie: wtfs up Raiden?!
Raiden: you high?
wishIwasDM
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by wishIwasDM »

i wanan join the mumba jumba <insert something vcool here>
The snake only strikes when the stars are aligned.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

pets
* added wander command - not useful for much other than letting your pet wander around your house! make sure the door is locked! You can always retrieve your pet with 'follow' etc
* finished pet / map problems I mentioned somewhere
* if your pet isn't loaded, you can always try and load it by issuing a command
* added pet transfer deeds for 30 addy coins in Nord haven! - more info below
* added a useful reminder to say your pet is dead if you give it an order when it is dead
* a pet will not decrease in loyalty when (staying or wandering) in their owner's house! (unless it is staying on a level changer, like a ladder to a basement! so be aware of that) - it's possible they may not walk on level changers so it may not be a problem
* a staying pet can be unloaded when a map is unloaded - and reloaded when the map is loaded - this means 2 things: a pet won't stop a map being unloaded, and also that effectively a staying pet will not get crankier as time passes when the map is unloaded - which means now that while pets will generally take longer to get cross and leave, the time is unpredictable - depending on whether the map unloads from memory! - this is some technical bs you didn't really need to know
* pets generally get crankier 5x slower now when you are not around. I believe this was a bug or some left over test code that they have been getting cranky so quickly all this time.

other
* fixed carpet and table not highlighting in kyle's quests dialog

about pet transfers
for $3 (ie 30 addy coins) you buy the right to get a pet transferred to you that you didn't tame your self. Here's the process
- pet recipient buys a pet transfer deed for 30 coins
- guy with pet uses the command /pettransfer PLYRNAME - where PLYRNAME is the guy getting with the pet xfer deed who's getting the pet
- pet is transferred
- if pet was bonded with the owner it will be bonded with the new owner - bond time is not reset like it was
- if you new owner has a pet they will have to get rid of it or stable it otherwise the transfer will fail - if you have a dead pet you will have to res it then get rid of it or stable it (a dead bonded pet is still a pet)
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Cool, I was kinda worried about what I would do with my Golem if (or when) I'd decide to make another character. Do both players need to be on at the same time?
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Grodst
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Grodst »

DrBiggie wrote:/ignore
Shush until you reopen my Cheesesteak place!
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

AWESOMEAWESOMEAWESOME!
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

double post edit.
Last edited by CIAassassin on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

eggmceye wrote:it's basically true tho right? especially compared to the competition
besides, can't sell euo on it's graphics
Late reply but whatever! What competition? EUO > all. What do you mean you cant sell EUO by the graphics, it's how you got me... so to speak...
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

With the pet transfers, can you transfer a pet from one character to another in the same account?
Stupid question. Presumably both trading players have to be on at the same time. Nothing to stop me trading to someone, and trading it back on another alt though.

Is there any other limitations? Level, taming skill, etc?

If there isn't, I could potentially set up shop and start selling drakes for mullah. :pimp:
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

- both players must be on
- no lvl/taming restrictions (since the buyer has to bribe me $3 to get the pet)
- make sure it's bonded before you sell if you want to keep your customers happy
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

31 jan moa 0.96g
* added single use wand of petrification that allows you to make little statues of monsters - it is a rare drop but also for sale for 1 addy coin in Nordhaven - collect them all
* removed disenchant wand from drops as it's not that useful - you can still buy it tho
* a home owner can now place a player merchant anywhere near their house! *** read below
* dragonscale boots are now substantially easier to get but you can only get them once per character and you need min fishing skill of 50, and the chance that they are enchanted too is increased
* renamed candelabra to candelabrum
* added tile description to tile scroll in the scrolling inv list
* fixed the descriptions for the stairs tiles for sale in ikea - they all used to just say 'up'
* tidied up Ikea a little but it could do with some more work
* fixed one of the drac player avs

30 jan
* chgd Forest's Heart shadowlord's anvil altar into actual altar tiles

About the pmerchs near your house:
The rule is, you can put a player merch with 2 squares of any moddable tile in your house. This means if you have a fixed wall the merch will have to be adjacent to the wall, and if you have a moveable wall, then the merch can have 1 sq of grass between him and the wall.

About statues and the wand of petrification
This is for collecting and decorating only - I hope you like it, I think it's cute
20100131-141423.png
20100131-200600.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Wand of Petrification sounds awesome! Reminds me of the really hard miniature collectibles quest in Zelda Wind Waker. True Zelda fans should know about that if i do.

Questions about the WoP, though:

1:) Can you decorate the petrified monsters in clan halls, too? If not, PLZ MAKE IT SO THAT CLAN LEADERS CAN ATLEAST DECORATE WITH THEM SOME DAY!!!

2:) How often/what chance do they break (the Wands that is)?

3:) Can be used on any monster no matter its strength? Or should the monster be weakened by it first?

4:) Are all monsters at a set carrying weight for all statues - or do certain monsters weigh more? (Like a snake statue weighing less than say, a Dragon statue?)

EDITL One more question: Are the statues actually COPIES of said monster, or are they like "captured souls" of the monster (ie, will they turn the monster to stone or make a stone copy of him?).
Last edited by Ozimandias on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

ah yes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.