misc updates thread

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: misc updates thread

Post by Keighn »

Wow! Thats pretty nifty. Talk about buying online. Euo just got even more unsee technology.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

these are probably all crappy items but look at those bargain basement prices
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

* buffed AS of all dragons and as/def of some blood mobs. Experimental: when dragons are adjacent to you they will only attack with melee
* Fighter specials improvements: Flurry, bloodbolt, cleave,thunderclap: You can now can use these with 50 rage but if you use them at lower rage, the effects aren't as great. Effects increase as rage tends to 100. Using these specials uses all of your available rage. Using them at 100 is same as before.
* thunderclap also paralyses the main target instead of confuses.
* werewolves' Bloodthirsty Maul rage requirement down to 50, but dmg multiple down from 3 to 2.5
* Novice and apprentice special move rage req down to 50, but only uses 50, and does not scale with rage like above.
* added as,def,mr to armoury
* virgil conversation tweaks
* can now dip jewelry into fountains
* updated AS & dmg for when attacking with non weapon, now it hurts
ritari
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by ritari »

That is some nice update. Thanks. Is werewolves maul damage scaled by rage?
1 + 1 = 2
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Wow nice update Egg. Can't wait to check out the changes.
IGN: 1
speed
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by speed »

Not sure if this was intended, but the update makes dragons unable to heal in melee combat. That and the removal of white dragon cloning is nice and all, but it seems a little overpowered.

Otherwise great updates!
-Speed(COG) = [Grandmaster Stafffighter idk...]
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

ok so the healing thing not so good, but overpowered as in, dragons got nerfed or are too hard?
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:ok so the healing thing not so good, but overpowered as in, dragons got nerfed or are too hard?
I haven't played the update yet, but on paper it's a big nerf to dragons. Magic monsters have always hurt more than physical damage monsters, even with high MR. I think if the dragon had 25% chance to cast instead of 0% at melee range, it would still make them formidable.
IGN: 1
speed
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by speed »

Sorry about my vagueness in the last post; I agree with 1—dragons have become a lot weaker. The increased AS/Def is not really noticeable either.
-Speed(COG) = [Grandmaster Stafffighter idk...]
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

ok I might undo that AI change .... the goal was to make fighting them with a fighter and requiring def more important.

OR:
i) scrap dragons healing at all - I've always kinda disliked it, and just put all their HP up by 1/2
ii) make them hit for more dmg: black,red and fire drags only hit 5d7 (so 7-35 with the median around 18 ...) but I wouldn't be surprised if their (unresisted) VF does like INT/12+7d7 which is closer to 90 - so yeh big damage reduction!

what should I do ? :cry:
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

dragon healing has always kinda pissed me off. I'd like to see the melee = spells. if their VF can hit you for let's say, 75, then a physical attack should hit for the same, which would definately bring defense back in the game. it's kinda gone except for when you're taming. The only thing i wouldn't how to get around is with MR, that VF might only hit you for 30, so should the melee stay at 75 or at least split it at 52.5?

as far as the melee only while standing next to them is kinda odd. i could be standing next to you with my knife for melee, but i still might shoot you anyway. i think maybe 33.3% chance for spells? Melee 66.7% of the time while adjacent to said beast.

I've have thoughts on this subject for quite some time. I could keep going, LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Dragon's Mani spell sure is irritating when you are not strong enough to kill them quickly. On the other hand the spell kinda forces you to concentrate on one target first to keep it from healing and combined with bleeding this can be considered a tactical aspect for the game, which is a plus in my book.
However, as far as I remember epic and heroic dragons do not really benefit from the healing spell, hence increasing the base HP would make them harder to kill.

(Mani gives a fixed amount of HP, which is negligible for epic and heroic dragons - correct?)
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

i thought mani got changed to 33%. whites, when they heal almost fully. reds, maybe 25%, and the rest are inbetween. This is going off of reg dragons, not hero, epic, or any other types out there.
eggmceye wrote:

Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

eggmceye wrote:what should I do ? :cry:
Remove magic damage reduction by high MR :smile: Back in old days battles with dragons were really challenging. With MR dmg reduction, it's just all about getting enough MR...
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Oh, even with 5k hp & Mr there are some dragrons that can "own" you. Ya just gotta look for them.
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

ritari wrote:That is some nice update. Thanks. Is werewolves maul damage scaled by rage?
the bloodthirsty maul dmg multiplier went from 3x to 2.5x, however you can use it at 50 rage. It does not scale.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

well here it is:

* Tweaked dragon adj ai to cast occasionally. Oldschool basic drags lose their heal, their HP goes Up by about 1/3 and their melee dmg doubled. (shadow drag, blood wyv left untouched)
* Charge uses 0 rage if you charge 1+ squares and hit, and gives rage if charge 2 or more squares and hit. Still req 30 rage to start.

* plyr merch all now 24hr
* fixed bug with autopickup

if this makes drags too easy or too hard or too weird I'll just roll it back, I'm not attached to it
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

i'ma go test that ish right noaw.
eggmceye wrote:

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

* When training a weapon or skill you already have skill in similar (eg locks/traps, or longsowrds/poles), that training speed greatly increased up till existing skill% (That was already happening but its a lot faster now)
* Re the above, no longer applies to hexblades, ranged, unarmed, staves
* new fighter aoe melee attack 'Wallop' - basic AoE attack with standard weapon damage divided equally among targets.
* Weapon enchants such as vf, vam, etc, do stat dmg (based on your combined stats, not any in particular)
* shield bash knocks back and will give a small rage refund, enough to cast charge, if knockback successful
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Nice! I can see a captain ameri-orc named Froggy shield bash-charging around.

Ribbit!