misc updates thread

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Alarmed
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Re: misc updates thread

Post by Alarmed »

The mage casting thing is just plain stupid. I really like the ALT shows the stuff. But, its pretty much pointless to have a mage now. and if you have a good pet, you cant kill anything hardly. Egg man, wrong turn.
Keighn wrote:
Alarmed wrote:And no i will not play tibia with you. God your such an ass.
That's almost sig worthy. Who'd of thunk that BM is a major Tibia Player.
Lazara
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Lazara »

eggmceye wrote:
Lazara wrote:Testing around a little bit with my mage i came to the conclusion that the recent changes screwed mages. Here is why:
%
congrats on making your first forums post one about how 'mages got screwed' (yet again) :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Well now that i am here and i screwed myself by making a post how mages got srewed it can only get better :mrgreen:

I have to revise my earlier post a bit.

After a few hours you get used to the mechanics and its ok against monsters. Though a hit and run tactics would not work for a mage anymore.

What i noticed is that you can`t run through low level dungeons just casting VOG which slows a mage down. Which is NOT a bad thing since mages were too fast at low level dungeons.

For me it made no difference fighting monsters with more hp...tested it out on blue dragons. You can still get your needed heal off when running around.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I forgot to mention the alt and id seeing features.

When I party with some people, they get tired of seeing death messages all the time. I can't imagine how some people feel about seeing items id'd all the time. I know why it was put in, to let other members know what an item is. Prepare for a few to not like that feature.

I can't honestly understand the alt command. Why? People should "L"ook at stuff. Even newbie isle points that out. And it does seem to point out Lightsources, and a few other invisible items. I haven't checked about step or search functions but if that shows, then that's defeating more maps again. Never did like minimap showing secret doors to tell the truth.
ZUPS!!!!
TheOneGuy
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by TheOneGuy »

i just lost a level 120 mage ... but i dont care the update makes things fair thank you egg :)
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...
Magnavox
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Magnavox »

TheOneGuy wrote:i just lost a level 120 mage ... but i dont care the update makes things fair thank you egg :)
You seem to be the only mage that thinks so.

I just lost a level 324 mage on PD. He's my crafter, that's the only reason that I haven't killed him yet. I see how that patch makes things fair, but we can't use shields or hardly hit anything. Mages went from good to shit. Higher level mages can hit hard and are good, but fighters can take 3 balrons at once and at 50 levels higher, mages can only take like 1. Mages are good at the start, but aren't that good in the higher up areas compared to some other classes, so why make it even harder for us mages to train?
There are 5 levels of fatness.
1. Big
2. Healthy
3. Husky
4. Fluffy
and
5. DAMN!
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

come on egg you must realise that mages went from good to shit im losing to minos and used to be able to kill them in 2 hits now i cant do nothing i keep fumbling come on egg can ou hellp us out
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

In light of all the "mage's are shitty now" posts, I decided to play again to see how bad it is. I personally don't see what the fuss is all about. The fumbling actually makes sense for one, and its not that bad; you just need to get use to doing it. The reason whyI say it makes sense is, because on every game I've played with mage's you cant run and cast. They need time to cast the spell. I didn't play long enough to see the chest dropping thing though.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Zzapp wrote:come on egg you must realise that mages went from good to shit im losing to minos and used to be able to kill them in 2 hits now i cant do nothing i keep fumbling come on egg can ou hellp us out
Dear mages, this is the sort of people that are representing you. Until you get some better representation I'll be grinding mages into the ground.
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

I agree, mages aren't bad it's just getting used to the new timing required. I think the problem alot of people are having is getting used to timing their spell after moving. If you cast too soon and fumble a spell you have to wait a lot longer to be able cast again (due to normal spell cooloffs) but if you time your spell right you don't have to wait very long at all to cast. I found that all you have to wait is about the length of time it takes a mob to take 1 step. If you wait for them to make the first move then attack you'll be fine. Of course if YOU want to make the first move against the monsters you could always approach them while invisible :lesson:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

There is a good point there - there shouldn't be an additional cooloff after a fumble penalty ...
INFINITY
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by INFINITY »

quick question about the chest drops... does it increase the chance of a artifact ?
the lack of sleep i get tells me i need coffee
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Why would it?
INFINITY
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by INFINITY »

every artifact except the warriorband was in a chest so i was just curious
the lack of sleep i get tells me i need coffee
wishIwasDM

Post by wishIwasDM »

I don't really see the need for the mage nerf. I can remember back when VM had no cooloff, you could OG through doors and quick cast using [spell key]+cast another quick. Those were well needed, but now...if you can't run and VOG...you're dead. With the recent drac nerf, I think this is just overkill -- mages are very tender, some shoot for hp others are quick and offensive -- either way you look at it there shouldn't be an inability to move/cast...especially on-line(for obvious reasons). Thats my piece.
The snake only strikes when the stars are aligned.
VataraSei
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by VataraSei »

eggmceye wrote:
Zzapp wrote:come on egg you must realise that mages went from good to shit im losing to minos and used to be able to kill them in 2 hits now i cant do nothing i keep fumbling come on egg can ou hellp us out
Dear mages, this is the sort of people that are representing you. Until you get some better representation I'll be grinding mages into the ground.

All right I agree that approach was way out of line and out of text....

Lord egg, Please remove the cool down time as it seems to cause a lot of problems for almost every mage I have come across, I personally have a level 50+ mage that can no longer survive now against 3 normal ettins without having to run and take cover and hope I can heal in time. I truly do understand the removal of shields as they made no sense what so ever and the ideal of fumbling a spell as no mage is a perfect caster. But please for the sake of all mages remove the cool off time.
It may have been a Cheap shot but it was the only shot I could afford!!! ( Gerrard - Magic The Gathering )
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I really don't give a shit about mages.

Here's the deal: the 500ms penalty stays but you will only fumble if you target another player. So in essence it is pvp only, pvm you can prance and cast all you like.

You can thank Raiden for this. Oh and same applies to rangers now: the 500ms miss penalty is scrapped for pvm.
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

egg i would like to say that lil thing i said was outta wack im sorry i was being an ass about really sorry egg
laz

Post by laz »

Geez who are these people? :?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

* finished inventory sorting
Only when 'V'iewing your inventory, you can use the shift+arrow keys, shift+home/end or shift+pgup/pgdown to move items up and down in your inventory. I will consider making this work for chests and banks some other time

* henry can teach you the werewolf form ability after you've been cured - ask him about 'werewolf'
Using this ability, anyone who's been cured of lycan can turn back into a wolf anytime, but the spell cooloff is quite large - for every second you are a wolf, you have to wait 10 seconds before you can become a wolf again.

* fixed alt key showing pseudo items
* fixed boiled gi-legs
* only wolves with lycanthropy turn back into humans at sunrise
* client shows correct version 0.92
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Any chance of being able to sort the spells in your list when you acces them with shift c?

EDIT

Should definitely disable becoming a wolf in town. Accidently hit it, but luckily there weren't any guards around.