FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Spiral_Architect
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by Spiral_Architect »

Ok guys I have 2 questions.

I am a Master Miner (90+) and I have mined about 10 silver, zinc, blackrock, and copper ores, but I can't smelt them. Do I need special smelters tongs or what?

Also what skill is it that lets you make weapons have special powers? Is there a skill?

And one last thing. What does it take to get a little merchant spot :D ?
Nick
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Nick »

You must have special tongs, yes. Also weaponsmithing/armoursmithing for Alpha and just plain smithing for reg.
CONFUSION! Merchants live under the counters, Bathe in the fountains and crap in the well! SIMPLE! -Kodiak
Kybare
My monkey's still learning the basics of e-mail.

Post by Kybare »

To get a merchant, you need a merchant contract and an empty location in Bartertown. Since there never are any, find one with no inventory and get Egg to kill it the next time you see him on.

Notice I didn't say 'email egg' or 'message egg' or 'contact egg outside the game' anywhere up there.
Next time you level up, choose INT because you spawned from the shallow end of the gene pool. - eggmceye
Punctuation is what seperates man from the animals - snafu
Main advice is to "RTFM" - email from my supervisor to me
Spiral_Architect
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by Spiral_Architect »

OK thanks guys.

Also I smelted the copper ores into brass sheets. What can be done with these?

And about those special tongs. Where can they be found?

I'm on Alpha/PD. Does Egg come on there?
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

Post by Bugbo »

What are the skill reuirements for mixing the new potions? Is there a recipe for khaki potions?

How can I tell if I found an ore spawner or not? If I try to use a pick on a place that doesn't spawn ore can it still break?
Kodiak
Stop posting already --;

Post by Kodiak »

Read the manual for skill reqs. It is there for a reason.

Not sure about the others though. There might be a recipe for Khaki pots, you just have to find it.
If you treat them like equals, it only encourages them to think they are your equals. -Thief

It's not my fault you suck. -Me
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Kodiak wrote:Read the manual for skill reqs. It is there for a reason.

Not sure about the others though. There might be a recipe for Khaki pots, you just have to find it.
I checked the manual and it only listed the skill requirements for the main 3 potions.

I also have another question though. Do monsters have unlimited mana? It seams like they never lose the ability to cast spells.
Wahooka
on lolpatrol

Post by Wahooka »

the short answer.. yes... the long answer, I have no clue since only at certain times can I manaburn certain monsters with a noticeable effect.
<("<) <( " )> (>")> <( " )> <("<)
LORDJIM
How do I attack?

Illegale oporation

Post by LORDJIM »

when i click on the icon for EUO i recieve an illeagle oporation message from my computer. is there something i can do to stop this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kybare

Post by Kybare »

Try redownloading the game. If this doesn't help, update all drivers.
Next time you level up, choose INT because you spawned from the shallow end of the gene pool. - eggmceye
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Bugbo wrote:ve another question though. Do monsters have unlimited mana? It seams like they never lose the ability to cast spells.
a good question but not easily answered (and I'll have to check source, and after checking it I just found an obscure bug, heh) :--;: ...

Basically, mobs have mana, but the only spell that uses mana is healing. However, a mob requires mana to cast anything (even if that spell uses mana) , so mana burn will stop them casting for a while. The reason why mobs healing spells use mana is to stop them from healing all the time.

So yeh, it's not very true to RL or how PC's operate but I think mobs would be too easy if their reg spells actually consumed mana. Then again it might be an interesting experiment for a week.
Anonymous

Something wrong!!!

Post by Anonymous »

When I press U to use my items only sertain items pop ups, not including scrolls. So I mostly have to go to shift-U and then use my scrolls. I just some spells but every time I use them in shift-U I use them istead of learning them.

If anyone can please HELP!!
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

Its now a feature of the way the game is organised:

u(se) : crafting & alchemy items, as well as misc such as rafts & pocket watches

p = potions (not sure if this is Alpha only??? On 1.0, it's just 'p')

shift + r = read a scroll (NOT learn it)

shift + c = Learn a spell from a scroll
Last edited by Catherine on Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Navarre
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Navarre »

If a person stocks their merch with useless +1 stuff for the sake of keeping the merch, then i'd like to buy out that merch and return all those items to the owner in order to make way for people who would make use of it.

They are merch's in BT that have had the same same stock for weeks. And there are a dozen people on the waiting list for a free merch spot.
“I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.” Homer Simpson
LORDJIM
How do I attack?

BANK

Post by LORDJIM »

i have no idea how to use the bank i have looked over the forums and havent found anything. i have also asked people in the game but they will not answer me even on global. i would just like to know how to store/withdraw items/gold form the bank.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kybare

Re: BANK

Post by Kybare »

LORDJIM wrote:i have no idea how to use the bank i have looked over the forums and havent found anything.
Indeed.

viewtopic.php?t=766
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

Went hunting the Abyss yesterday ~ damn does the new AI make it tougher... four of us, and we were slaughtered :D

Just one thing ~ my MR is >500, yet I didn't resist one XC from a Balron... surely I should be resisting them?? :shock:

Brass sheets are used by tinkers to make certain brass items (well, surprise) and creatures that heal can be only IJO'd once since they only heal once. This came about after I tried to kill a green on the roof of the tower in a titanic battle that lasted >15 mins when it was first implemented ~ the damn thing just would not die :P
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Catherine commented:

"Just one thing ~ my MR is >500, yet I didn't resist one XC from a Balron... surely I should be resisting them?? "

My MR is also >500, and an XC from a Balron does destroy me as well. But...

Balrons *are* supposed to be daemons form the ancient world, and should be greatly feared. Even by the high level folk.

I think the boost to their XC power is appropriate, don't you think it makes the game a bit more interesting?
Djanno :smoke:
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

Red Dragons do 100+ on XC, it's just that I don't seem to have any chance of resisting it at all. Which makes me worse than fighters, since I clone the Balron but am instantly killed. This doesn't make it more interesting, it just makes it that I can't fight them at all. Their lightning attack is already deadly for us mages, with all the other incoming fire that is directed at us since our summons don't interest monsters at all ;)

On the role play note, they may be demons from the ancient world, but I'm a mage who can change space / time by the shear power of her will. There are only two other mages of my stature in the whole of Tanelorne and Sosaria.

Don't you think I should at least give them a run for their money? :P
Sharingan
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Sharingan »

The MR need to resist red dragons are 550. You won't get instant killed XC'ed by the reds, BUTTTTTT They still hurt! They hit about 115 dmg with XC which is still more damage then VF so I think its fair.