Moderator: EUO Moderators

jonas
I once posted in TFIOOC!

for mappers.

Post by jonas »

hi all.

i hope there is not already any post about this,
but i was having a little trouble.

i asked cat about this in game, and she gave an answer, but i didnt understand it at the time,
i didnt write it down,
and i cant remember it now.

i was making a map, when apparently maped was updated.
now my map is wonderfully ....screwed up.
the tiles are all different...
the spawners too...
i can tell it is my old map only due to the general arrangement.
(and... the name... of the map. :--;: )

i was just hoping i could get a referable explanation on how to save my map (idiots guide preferably, i am REALLY not very confident in dealing with a compy) and how i can deal with this kind of thing in the future.

i really hope this isnt something that has already been explained elsewhere, but if it is,
could you at least point me to it?

thx a ton
~jonas.
Hold your glass up, hold it in
Never betray the way you've always known it is.
One day i'll be wondering how
I got so old just wondering how
I never got cold wearing nothing in the snow.

the future. the swarm...
sloth. Sandfire. Eutychus. Dolus. DevilDragon. DarK. slave. Necto. Smoke. inferno.
Extell
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Extell »

Did you not see that egg has posted a new Maped? The graphics files have changed a LOT! If you design maps....keep your eyes on the Announcement: New email addr. to send your maps- please read, mappers! thread.

newb!
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!
jonas
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by jonas »

thank you, rude guy.
Hold your glass up, hold it in
Never betray the way you've always known it is.
One day i'll be wondering how
I got so old just wondering how
I never got cold wearing nothing in the snow.

the future. the swarm...
sloth. Sandfire. Eutychus. Dolus. DevilDragon. DarK. slave. Necto. Smoke. inferno.
Extell
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Extell »

Oh Im sorry...was I rude? If so...good! you deserve it for making a post about something that was already answered elsewhere! :grubby:
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

D/l the new version, from the http://swut.net/euo download section- but make sure that you delete any old Maped.exe files you have lying around. Cjmage & I had this problem, it was sorted when it is deleted. Should be about 120k, make sure you delete the old one first, it doesn't overwrite it properly sometimes.

If its knackered after that, sry can't help you.
FurrySaint
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by FurrySaint »

Is it now jailable/bannable to go hunting the same place someone else is? I (Shadizar) went to Ruined Base at the same time as a bunch of the SOD guild and Rono blocked the enterance and told me to...well...sod off. >_> So I hung around outside just to annoy him, and he told me that what I was doing was jailable/bannable, and that if Extell were on, I would be done so. (See, Shadizar is non-pvp, so he couldn't just kill me to get me to leave.) Was he just being an a** or was he telling the truth?
--FurrySaint
"Worrying about the future, complaining about the past, make use of every moment or your *now* ain't gonna last." --Master Zen-Dao Meow
Kybare
My monkey's still learning the basics of e-mail.

Post by Kybare »

If you enter a place where you think someone else may be (as in your situation), a good rule of thumb is to leave. There is nothing worse than to be trying to clear some place and then having someone pass you and kill things.

So, to answer your question, over taking someone when they are already there could quite possibly land you a jailing. Sticking around further might also land you a ban (depending on the mood of the GM).
Next time you level up, choose INT because you spawned from the shallow end of the gene pool. - eggmceye
Punctuation is what seperates man from the animals - snafu
Main advice is to "RTFM" - email from my supervisor to me
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I'm not a new player, but I still had a question. I noticed players now start with pvp off and they can turn it on later. Well I was gone from early May until early June. I come back, everything is different. I never turned pvp on, I don't want it on, so why is it on? Do exisiting players not get a choice? Anyways my in game name is Thirteen. I have no desire to pvp, is there a way to turn it mine off? Thank you for your time.

EDIT: Had to fix a typo.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Because you joined as a criminal.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ah that makes sense, erm thanks Egg. So I'm guessing theres no way to reverse it? If it was up to me I would of been non pvp the entire time. My char wasn't made for pvp and getting killed by people 50 levels higher then you isn't any fun, specially on dial up. Don't worry about it if theres nothing you can do, its my fault in the first place, I just didn't know pvp was going to be optional.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Is the cloning of rats to get thier skulls considered cheating?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Not really.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

What is the keyboard command to recreate the last object created with crafting?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

RainSpectre
Hey I just posted on an internet forum!

Post by RainSpectre »

I was wondering if this was a bug or if it was normal....

I just started playing last night, and Im unsure what to make of this. Ya see, after my first level up in str (Im a warrior class) I met a much higher level player who helped me on a quest. Well he added me to his party and he and I wandered around a bit looking for the end of another quest.

Afterwards, I noticed the message that I needed to meditate at a shrine, so I trek all the way back to the Shrine of Valor. I level up my strength. I see the message again, so I meditate again. Same thing... over and over and over and over. And now here I am at 78 strength... Doesnt that sound a bit odd? Or is it the fact I treked a couple hours with a MUCH higher level player who killed everything we came across (which ended up to be tons of goblins, several orcs, a handful of basilisks, and several green dragons) and the whole shared xp (he and I were the only ones in his part so I'm assuming a pretty decent split in xp.

Does this sound like a bug, or just I got massive amounts of xp from wandering with this guy?

As of right now I'm not going to raise my str anymore, in case it is a bug, and just go about buisness in game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
-RainSpectre

Edit (after Eggmceye's response): Thanks a bunch, I was honestly worried that there was a major bug there...
Last edited by RainSpectre on Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

You just got a shitload of xp man, that's all.
ColdFire
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by ColdFire »

I dont think this was asked yet.. so Ill ask

Is there a way to ignore someone or something?

kinda gets annoying when noobs keep messaging me stupid stuff
Tarun
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Tarun »

ColdFire wrote:I dont think this was asked yet.. so Ill ask

Is there a way to ignore someone or something?

kinda gets annoying when noobs keep messaging me stupid stuff
/ignore and /unignore were discussed, though I do not believe they have been added yet.
Lemonope
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Lemonope »

Whats uninviting and uncomfortable on new users, is too many people are using outside Nord (starter town) as a battle arena.

I kept getting put to sleep when I just started, and pvp wasn't even on.

It so messy with corspes too often outside Nord, which isnt a pleasant start of the game for a newbie that first leaves Nord.

Ive now binded to a further away town, when I rarely see any players anymore, because the behaviour outside Nord.

Still, we do have a Battle Arena for those of battles, why don't ever see anyone using it ? :?

If 2 people want to have battle, and is accepted, they shouldn't say"ok meet you outside Nord", theres gotta be some other easy to find place here...
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Lemonope wrote:Still, we do have a Battle Arena for those of battles, why don't ever see anyone using it ? :?
stupid, lazy, ungrateful players