"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Akyla
I accidently ate my friend's placenta!

FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

Post by Akyla »

Q) What's the password?
A) LOG INTO ARMOURY OR EUO TO FIND OUT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://swut.net/euo/manual/index.php/FAQ

post your questions in this thread!
You get what anyone gets; you get a lifetime.
When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting.
When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.
Next thing you're going to be moaning that I ought to get a scythe...
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Stickied and blessed. Anything other than stupid noob questions going in this thread (eg flames, comedy, sass, anything except questions and legitimate answers) will be deleted. Feel free to ask the dumbest of questions here, but do try and read the manual & rest of the thread first, and do try and punctuate.

Anyone dealing out any shit like 'that's a dumb question' will be banned.

This will serve as a staging ground for updating the manual. Let's see how long it lasts.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

here's one:

I was traveling in a dungeon when a door I went through earlier became locked and now I'm stuck in a dungeon! I broke all my lockpicks and have no townportal scrolls! I don't know recall or unlock either!
How do I get out?

This actualy happened to me as a newb, but luckily I did have a town portal scroll.
Voyageur
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by Voyageur »

Bugbo wrote:here's one:

I was traveling in a dungeon when a door I went through earlier became locked and now I'm stuck in a dungeon! I broke all my lockpicks and have no townportal scrolls! I don't know recall or unlock either!
How do I get out?

This actualy happened to me as a newb, but luckily I did have a town portal scroll.
You have a few options.

1. Hopefully you have Kal Por Ylem (Mark) and Kal Ort Por (Recall) and can teleport out if you marked somewhere first. I would suggest EVERYONE get these basic spells regardless of type...

2. You could try to kill yourself (either damage to yourself or run into some respawned monsters) and come back for your gold...

3. Carry lots to Town Portal Scrolls.

4. Carry lots of lockpicks.

5. Worst case, you could /msg a GM and explain the situation clearly and politely and one of us might be willing to /reset you.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

You could get on global and ask nicely for someone to come rescue you. If you asked nicely, then many people will come to help.
ArcDevil
BBQ ABC <3

Post by ArcDevil »

i'm a newbie,just joined yesterday,and i'm already stuck in my first big problem :p

i'm doing the first quest,the eye of katorina...ok,i think i worked out well what to do,but i have a problem...
i have to chose between two ways in the dungeon:

- the first takes me to the place where lady berathia is,i think thats another quest,so it isnt of any help to me

-the other way takes me to a ladder that surprisingly takes me nowhere...i just get the "there is no ladder" message when i can perfectly see there is one!!!

so i'm wondering if that ladder is bugged...i cant fulfill the quest,so i cant ask for any other quest...i'm stuck :(

did some1 also had this problem? am i wrong? there is a way to reject a quest u have applied for when its taking you lots of time w/out reward? :p
Kybare
My monkey's still learning the basics of e-mail.

Post by Kybare »

It sounds to me like you are in the sewers (or newbie dungeon). That isn't where the Eye is. You have to go through the guild in Nord. Go to the shop in the south-west part of town. Unlock the door there and go down. That's where the Eye is.

Also, there is no way to un-accept a quest, but it doesn't really matter if you accept one. You can always initiate it again later.
Next time you level up, choose INT because you spawned from the shallow end of the gene pool. - eggmceye
Punctuation is what seperates man from the animals - snafu
Main advice is to "RTFM" - email from my supervisor to me
Davak
How do I attack?

Bug with win XP?

Post by Davak »

I`m finding that all my keys become unresponsive after someone dies(after the red global death message of any player), except for my movement keys. This only happens on my computer running win XP.. It does not happen on my fathers computer running win 98. Is there any way to correct this?
Nate
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.
Location: the world blank of its substance (Springfield, Massachussettss)

here cuz this is a noob question

Post by Nate »

i am at the quest with richard where i need to go to bay side ruin and find a corpse. now ive been playin about 5 days now and i no that u need ot let things respawn. i watched a corpse come back and grabed it, returned to richard and talked to him saying 'corpse', 'body', 'thelisa' (or however he spelt it) and all the other crap which couldve activated the end of the quest. can some1 plz claer this up?

EDIT: maby i need to find the statue? but it is not there
Kybare
My monkey's still learning the basics of e-mail.

Re: Bug with win XP?

Post by Kybare »

Davak wrote:I`m finding that all my keys become unresponsive after someone dies(after the red global death message of any player), except for my movement keys. This only happens on my computer running win XP.. It does not happen on my fathers computer running win 98. Is there any way to correct this?
I've never had this error, and I use win XP. Have to see what egg thinks.
Nate wrote:i am at the quest with richard where i need to go to bay side ruin and find a corpse. now ive been playin about 5 days now and i no that u need ot let things respawn. i watched a corpse come back and grabed it, returned to richard and talked to him saying 'corpse', 'body', 'thelisa' (or however he spelt it) and all the other crap which couldve activated the end of the quest. can some1 plz claer this up?

EDIT: maby i need to find the statue? but it is not there
If memory serves, it's not the corpse he wants, but the an item hidden under the corpse. Try searching the corpse rather than taking it.
Next time you level up, choose INT because you spawned from the shallow end of the gene pool. - eggmceye
Punctuation is what seperates man from the animals - snafu
Main advice is to "RTFM" - email from my supervisor to me
Nate
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.
Location: the world blank of its substance (Springfield, Massachussettss)

thank you

Post by Nate »

ok thank you, that explains more than i need to find a corpse, i appreciate it :mrgreen:
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

I'm choking and I have PvP disabled. Will others still be able to heimlich me? What if nobody is around to give me a heimlich? Is there any other cure for choking? I went to a healer, but it didn't help.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Bugbo wrote:I'm choking and I have PvP disabled. Will others still be able to heimlich me? What if nobody is around to give me a heimlich? Is there any other cure for choking? I went to a healer, but it didn't help.
You can still get someone to heimlich you even if you have not /pvp'd. In any case, just die - it's not like you lose xp. Just make sure you die near your bind spot so you don't have to travel far to recover your money.
Engwaldulinion
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Re: Bug with win XP?

Post by Engwaldulinion »

Davak wrote:I`m finding that all my keys become unresponsive after someone dies(after the red global death message of any player), except for my movement keys. This only happens on my computer running win XP.. It does not happen on my fathers computer running win 98. Is there any way to correct this?
This has happened to me, but for me it isn't connected with someone dieing. Quiting and logging back in fixes it everytime.
"I am become Death, Destroyer of Worlds!"
ArcDevil
BBQ ABC <3

Post by ArcDevil »

where is the barter town located?
has any lvl req to go there?
Voyageur
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by Voyageur »

ArcDevil wrote:where is the barter town located?
has any lvl req to go there?
Bartertown is South East of Izumi. (Go East, then South). No level requirement.
MrWizard
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by MrWizard »

Ok, I really would like to know what dex score provides the maximum bonus to attack and movement speed. I heard someone say it was 150, but on the thread about rogues I think Akyla said 200. So what is it? Could you please set me straight?
Have you seen my hat?
Akyla
I accidently ate my friend's placenta!

Post by Akyla »

You get what anyone gets; you get a lifetime.
When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting.
When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.
Next thing you're going to be moaning that I ought to get a scythe...
Davak
How do I attack?

More on key loss of function, win xp

Post by Davak »

I found I was losing all but direction keys on logon,logoff and death messages. Not constantly but in sporadic occurences of the problem. I was solving by loging out and back in. I`ve since successfully(fingers crossed) solved the problem by running EUO in win 98 compatiblity mode. Seems to have fixed the problem so far. (3 days and no problem).
ArcDevil
BBQ ABC <3

Post by ArcDevil »

thats plain and simple lag