FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

FurrySaint
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Magic math?

Post by FurrySaint »

I asked this in-game, but I'm hoping for a more complete answer here...

I hear it's possible to get 99 in all your Circles before getting 100 in Magery. If that happens, how can you raise your Magery? /trimskill only works on Magery, so lowering it seems a strange way of raising it. >_> Help? What's the math on raising Magery/Circle skills?
--FurrySaint
"Worrying about the future, complaining about the past, make use of every moment or your *now* ain't gonna last." --Master Zen-Dao Meow
Extell
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Extell »

If you read the manual area it says that 8th circle still increases your magery ever when your at 99% to cast it. (or its in the dev thread). Go look.
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!
MrWizard
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by MrWizard »

Okay, another question: Is it okay to transfer items from one of your characters to another? I've heard some say its bannable, others say its okay as long as you're not double-logged. If it is okay to drop items with my 1st character then logging off and back on as the 2nd to retrieve them, that would be kinda nice. And, if it's not, then I'd like to know before I help a friend transfer his items by holding onto them for him.
Have you seen my hat?
Kybare
My monkey's still learning the basics of e-mail.

Post by Kybare »

Put it this way... If I caught you doing it, I would ask you what you were doing. Then you'd tell me. Then I'd have to decide what to do. I'd probably have to ask for the opinion of any other GM online at the time. Then they'd get involved. Punishment may range from nothing to jail to banning I suppose. But don't forget all the time waisted...

My suggestion is this:

If you want to transfer from one alt to another, find some secluded area in some map that people don't use often. Take both characters there (one at a time, don't double log in). Drop the stuff with one character, pick it up the other. Minimal risk of the items being stolen.

Why do I say this? Basically, I don't really care as long as I don't see you do it. It's the same as macroing... if you want to mine (say), don't do it outside Nord! You'll get jailled a lot sooner than if you are hidden somewhere on the far side of the continent! But the minute a GM thinks something's up, we have to look into it and ask questions, etc... etc... etc...

For the most part, people play fine with their alts... It's the small few who don't that make us have to check it out when we someone with multiple characters logged in.
Next time you level up, choose INT because you spawned from the shallow end of the gene pool. - eggmceye
Punctuation is what seperates man from the animals - snafu
Main advice is to "RTFM" - email from my supervisor to me
Nate
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.
Location: the world blank of its substance (Springfield, Massachussettss)

Post by Nate »

ok, i was told by a friend that u need 63 longswording to bash off locks, but the goddamn things wont break :mad: !!!!!!! i would like to know wat level of longsword u need to bash locks (and Extell, ive checked all over the site and forums before asking, but i still didnt find it)
Voyageur
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by Voyageur »

Nate wrote:ok, i was told by a friend that u need 63 longswording to bash off locks, but the goddamn things wont break :mad: !!!!!!! i would like to know wat level of longsword u need to bash locks (and Extell, ive checked all over the site and forums before asking, but i still didnt find it)
Wrong. If you had read the very FIRST page of the 1.006 patch thread at viewtopic.php?t=891 you would have found:
eggmceye wrote:How Bash works
With either an axe, LS, mace, polearm, or with bare hands, attack a locked door or chest. Busting the lock will work for anyone with wep skill (for the equipped weapon) over 65. I have a feeling this will need a slight nerf.

Busting the lock on a chest will activate any mimics and/or traps.
Tarun
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Tarun »

Even if you have 100 in swords, you still miss a whole lot. It's taken me up to twenty times before a lock busts. Maybe it's just me but if you're a Grandmaster Swordsman you should be able to bust those locks within the first five hits.
Nate
Location: the world blank of its substance (Springfield, Massachussettss)

Post by Nate »

ty voyager, didn't notice that :smoke: . and tarun, once u've attempted it at level 63 with false hope for 3 mins or better per lock 20 hits is nutthin :wink: . ok next time ill pick more stuff apart.
Milo

Magery Training

Post by Milo »

Does casting a higher circle spell give more magery 'experience' towards raising the skill? I looked through the manual section and couldn't find a reference to this.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Yes it does, however, take into consideration that higher circles have a higher failure rate, and use more mana. So, even tho they might bump the skill higher, it might be a slower process anyway.
SailorStarChibimoon
Hey I just posted on an internet forum!

Keyword

Post by SailorStarChibimoon »

Does anyone know the exact keyword to make Slade in Izumi take the imp's skull after completing his quest?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

imp
Cyanence

Map editor comments.

Post by Cyanence »

The map editor that can downloaded from the web site is very good. I am curious if these maps can be used to play your own game or are they meant to be submitted and edited for usage in the game on either of the two servers.
Kybare

Post by Kybare »

Please read Cat's help file: http://swut.net/euo/files/CatsMapEdHelp.doc

If you make a map, it is for use ingame (unless you can find another use for them... I don't know...)
Next time you level up, choose INT because you spawned from the shallow end of the gene pool. - eggmceye
OSanJiri
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by OSanJiri »

I've been poking around the forums trying to find some info, however since I couldn't find anything...

What's the skinny on weapons with spell enchantments? I've been seeing more and more weapons coupled with spell effects and i've wondered, is this something that can be enchanted into a forged weapon or is this a randomly generated item? More importantly what sorts of monsters drop these items? Thanks.
Extell
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Extell »

Its just a random drop and no, cant enchant anything atm. Any monster can drop one. I got a Vamp Great Maul of IVPY off a boss ghost in the graveyard north of Nord.
Gretenogroth

Post by Gretenogroth »

i have a question, once a mod told my brother (on same network) to log off the alt.. i was smithing and my brother asked me if i had on an alt... i told him no.. the way the sever works, does it think me and my brother are alts? and what would ever happen if one of us got banned? (not planning on it, but just curious)
~Grentenogroth~
Kybare

Post by Kybare »

Each player has an IP address. If you are on a local network, chances are your IP address will be the same as the person sitting next to you.

GM's can see all the IP addresses of players. If we see two that are the same, we assume that it is one person playing two characters at the same time. While this is allowed for quick transfers, it is not permitted for one person to have two characters logged in otherwise. It is too easy to abuse.

So, if your brother IS on the same network and was banned, he would be IP-banned. This would, essentially, stop you from being able to play.

What I will suggest is this: next time you and your brother are online, find a GM. Prove to them (by talking at the same time, moving at the same time, attacking at the same time, etc.) that you are in fact, two different people. Then ask them to post the names of your characters so that we know that you guys are two different people and not one person with an alt.
Gretenogroth

Post by Gretenogroth »

ok, thank you, afew people know this already, but if you're ever on, ill yell to my brother, and well both pm you at the same time... and for the ip, we both have ip's with 1 varience in the end number, but we play through a router, using our father's internet conntection, would it possibly be showing HIS ip adress, and neither of ours? ohh ya, and what about ip changing, where you go to a uzbeckistani site, then back to an american site......?
~Grentenogroth~
DjLizard
on lolpatrol

Post by DjLizard »

IP bouncing/proxying is probably construed as abuse or evasion, and yes your IPs are the external one, meaning you both technically have the router's IP.
some Chinese domain squatting company has my domain now. :(