FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

Post by Keighn »

I was very tempted to when I lost internet a few times. I was working on an EUO boardgame of sorts with my modified rules. Oh.. where did I post some of it...? Bah, All I found was my idea of a dodge ball game. I have it around on a geekstick somewhere. No where near finished.

But yeah, easy to do on paper. Turning the maps into paper maps is easy. I am still in the process of writing down all the writing in the game and texts, books, quests, etc for certain reasons.

The thing about pencil and paper is you don't need to know coding except the rules of whatever edition or game you're playing. And role-playing.. well that is very hard to put into even the latest games. Players do act and find crazy things to do in a table top rpg session.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

eggmceye wrote:

Code: Select all

float ItemData::get_material_dmg_mult (const Item & weapon, bool undead) {

// if(staff_only && get_weapon_type(weapon)!=W_PRIEST) return 1;

int mat=get_material(weapon);
  float mult=1;
  if(mat==MAT_SILVER && undead) {
    mult=1.5;
  }
  else if(mat==MAT_BLACKROCK) {
    mult=1.2f;
  }
  else if(mat==MAT_ADAMANTIUM) {
    mult=1.25f;
  }
  else if(mat==MAT_ADDLED) {
    mult=1.15f;
  }
  else if(mat==MAT_COPPER) {
    mult=1.1f;
  }
  int sm=weapon.getSuperMat();
  if(sm==SMAT_MR||sm==SMAT_Vig||sm==SMAT_NV) mult*=1.1f;
  else if(sm) mult*=1.2f;
  return mult;
}
manual correct for blackrock :shock:
Just saw this again. Well, addled has some worth beyond just confusion. This was before bone I guess. NO mention of glass, crystal, bone, flesh, thorium in there. Wonder what the values are for armor?
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

What % of backstabs should hit with 100% stealth and shortswords?
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
stegos
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

afk?

Post by stegos »

OK, I often see other folks playing with [AFK] next to their names when I use the /list command. Nope, it's not simply the name of their clan. How do I set AFK for myself? I did not see it in the slash commands section of the manual. Also, does it prevent you from starving?
- the true heart of ultima... is virtues and all that hippie crap - eggmceye, 2-jul-04
- Sorry would be the day that Stegos does not have some ideas, even bad ones. - me, 26-oct-05
- K goin back 2 Erth now ... - Morthwyl's Dino, 27-nov-07
- Level-up tax - the BEST gold sink! - me, 9-jan-09
- Stegos said it best... - Akyla, 21-sep-04
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

It is automatic if you are actually afk for a certain amount of time. NO it does not prevent starving. But you can't starve to death anymore. Other things could still wander and kill you if you're not in a "safe" place. AFK murder does happen.
jumpstart

Post by jumpstart »

Why is my alt DarkMist, in stocks? Can't get out. Did he do something stupid while I haven't been around? Filthy rogue.
~Mario
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

Can we redistribute the vamp artifact shield, Parasol of true blood (whatever it's called)?

Honestly didn't know it was a real thing until recently. I'm assuming there was only a limited amount per server? I actually like the idea of having a limited amount but it sucks if 4/5 are on players that are inactive now a days.
[Reg] Buck
jumpstart

Post by jumpstart »

jumpstart wrote:Why is my alt DarkMist, in stocks? Can't get out. Did he do something stupid while I haven't been around? Filthy rogue.
NVM its cool.. Turns out he was doing some kinky shit for one of the ladies he met at hen's house.
~Mario
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Sumter wrote:Can we redistribute the vamp artifact shield, Parasol of true blood (whatever it's called)?

Honestly didn't know it was a real thing until recently. I'm assuming there was only a limited amount per server? I actually like the idea of having a limited amount but it sucks if 4/5 are on players that are inactive now a days.
redistribute as in, take things from players' inventories that aren't playing right now and give to you? are you kidding :rage:
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

eggmceye wrote:
Sumter wrote:Can we redistribute the vamp artifact shield, Parasol of true blood (whatever it's called)?

redistribute as in, take things from players' inventories that aren't playing right now and give to you? are you kidding :rage:
Could just add it to the regular drop table. I doubt any owners of it will object.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Its an OK item but I'm telling you that for a pure monk/mage its kind of crappy. Yeah it'll block the sun but its a Large shield. Correct me if I'm wrong but shields slow up mage spell casting and totally fuck up monks. So for a rogue.. OK I guess, a fighter great, a priest ok, a necromancer.. have no idea. Multi-class ok.

How I recorded the stats:
Artifact Name
Parasol of True Blood

Type
Large Shield (Shield) (Vampyric)

Description of Abilities
Vampyric, +Sun Protection

Enchantment Triggered
N/A

Lvl Needed
Total Def

Total Dmg
N/A

Speed
N/A

MR

Just a special vampyric large shield. Makes me wonder about shield bash.
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

eggmceye wrote:

:abject:
Last edited by Sumter on Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Reg] Buck
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I had thought of a suggestion for houses to purchase a type of "roof" or sunshade square. Obviously you'd have to buy one for every square you walk on to protect you completely (that or just be kpy or hearth stoned to your basement (assuming you have one). I'm not sure if there is a trailer park town in the underworld. Life as a vamp is hard. A network to all dungeons through the underworld would be cool though.
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Didn't the parasol only work if you stood absolutely still though?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I can re-add the parisole as a purchasable or drop, I don't personally care. Is it that good anyway?

I've forgotten about any restrictions on it (such as ... can I give more out), and also the general terms of those AC special items. I don't think I ever made promises never to sell any of them again, right? Only xmas presents are limited, tho I remember one of those getting reiussed (with a mod) ...
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

eggmceye wrote:I'm toying with the idea of making new artifacts, selling them for $ for a while, them making them drop but never selling them again ... wonder if that is a bad idea. Parisole could the test subject.
You posted that when you added it to the addy coin merchant. Its been long enough that people shouldnt cry if its in the drop table.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Honestly, thing like that the special fountains, waterfalls, etc bought by addy coins is no problem esp since anyone can attempt to win the weekly ladder to buy one (depending on price). Drop or bought don't matter to me. What's easier? Fixing the drop tables or just customizing a merchant in izumi outside the Cashe Shoppe?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Onyxt wrote:
eggmceye wrote:I'm toying with the idea of making new artifacts, selling them for $ for a while, them making them drop but never selling them again ... wonder if that is a bad idea. Parisole could the test subject.
You posted that when you added it to the addy coin merchant. Its been long enough that people shouldnt cry if its in the drop table.
Indeed, that was the last thing I said about it. Before that I was like "maybe I will sell them, or drop them, or maybe I won't" - so I guess anything can happen. Just trying to not step on my own feet.

prob just make it a drop... that is the easiest.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I'd probably roll a vamp if parasol was available to purchase again. More arties for $ and then added to drop list seems like fine idea. New items are always exciting.
IGN: 1
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

Is it just me or has there been any changes to how mana regens? I feel like it has been changed. Maybe it's just my imagination because I haven't played for a while.
It feels alot smoother if that makes any sense :)