FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Re: FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

Postby Keighn » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:42 am

I wasn’t quite that patient to check the last few, but eggs hint gives a good direction where to look. It’s not all that important unless you want to customize the game a little. I had already changed level limits, enabled tactics and unarmed combat (or was it already there). I even figured out how to reset the end boss. I hadn’t figured out how to reset maps to change but I did copy player data to a newb under another name making a duplicate character with new maps. I haven’t done much at all.
Last edited by Keighn on Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Photobucket Suckz Monkey Nutz
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby DUTCHMAN » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:36 am

So I just started hammering out some necro for my DrRockzo. I had to summon 10 creatures to go from 0%-1%. that seems really slow. Is that how it is, or is this a bug?
DUTCHMAN
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Postby Mackey » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:06 am

DUTCHMAN wrote:So I just started hammering out some necro for my DrRockzo. I had to summon 10 creatures to go from 0%-1%. that seems really slow. Is that how it is, or is this a bug?

The part that makes it really slow is the summon slot limitations when you first start out. We've been saying Dark Ritual should be the first circle spell and Summon Undead should be second circle since necromancers came out
Mackey
Posting from my ass computer.

Postby DUTCHMAN » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:16 am

i agree with that.
DUTCHMAN

Postby Keighn » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:54 am

Well, with summon in circle 1 you can Uber multi class and utilize that summoning at 100% more than if it was at circle 2. You’d then have to decide what class % to limit more if it was at a higher circle.

Imho, the necro needs more spells and dark ritual and summoning should share circle 1.

I’m really in the camp that each circle for any spell user should have a minimum of 3 spells to choose from. Ideally:
1. Utility
2. Defensive
3. Combat

Not more than 2 of one type though and suggest 1 offensive max. Filling that in... well that’s going to take brainstorming. I mean do mages, priest, monks, druids fill that idea of 3 Magic’s a circle?
Photobucket Suckz Monkey Nutz
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Postby DUTCHMAN » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:52 am

So I am not good with code. I recently just got Chedichs auxbox and wanted to change up the displayable ratios, the standard right now is STR/DEX. I just wanted to modify to show int/dex as a test to see if I can actually do coding things. I got the INT/DEX to appear in the auxbox options. but it does not actually work. can someone help me? Ill post the original code set and then ill post the modified code set. also im really looking to do the remining combos of stats, so finishing int dex, and starting/completing int str. THANK YOU!!!!!

Original:

ched_addon_register("STR/DEX", "Chedich", "2013-06-20", "ched_strdexratio_1", "auxbox_ched_strdex_ratio()")

function auxbox_ched_strdex_ratio()
local str = string.format("%.1f", (me:get_str()/(me:get_str()+me:get_dex()))*100)
local dex = 100-str
auxbox_prop_line("STR/DEX:", str.."%/"..dex.."%")
end

Modified:

ched_addon_register("INT/DEX", "Chedich", "2013-06-20", "ched_intdexratio_1", "auxbox_ched_intdex_ratio()")

function auxbox_ched_intdex_ratio()
local int = inting.format("%.1f", (me:get_int()/(me:get_int()+me:get_dex()))*100)
local dex = 100-int
auxbox_prop_line("INT/DEX:", int.."%/"..dex.."%")
end
DUTCHMAN

Postby Tink » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:16 am

You removed string.format and made it inting. String not strength related. Make it string see if that fixes your issue. I'm not claiming it will but a string is basically how you define a word to a computer if that makes sense.
Tink
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Postby DUTCHMAN » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:54 am

Im about to try it. THANKS TINK :-D

Update: it still does not work
DUTCHMAN

Postby Chedich » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:34 pm

Code: Select all
ched_addon_register("INT/DEX", "Dutchman", "2019-01-10", "dutchman_intdexratio_1", "auxbox_dutchman_intdex_ratio()")

function auxbox_dutchman_intdex_ratio()
  local int = string.format("%.1f", (me:get_intel()/(me:get_intel()+me:get_dex()))*100)
  local dex = 100-int
  auxbox_prop_line("INT/DEX:", int.."%/"..dex.."%")
 end

Try this. If I remember correctly the function is get_intel() for intelligence.
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Postby DUTCHMAN » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:23 am

Chedich I love you...LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON It worked thank you so much...

im trying to make INT STR ratio: i treid making ti and failed again...what am i missing

ched_addon_register("INT/STR", "Dutchman", "2019-01-10", "dutchman_intstrratio_1", "auxbox_dutchman_intstr_ratio()")

function auxbox_dutchman_intstr_ratio()
local int = string.format("%.1f", (me:get_intel()/(me:get_intel()+me:get_str()))*100)
local str = 100-str
auxbox_prop_line("INT/STR:", int.."%/"..STR.."%")
end
DUTCHMAN

Postby Mackey » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:29 am

--INT/STR auxbox script by Chedich
--Last edited 2019-01-10

ched_addon_register("INT/STR", "mackey", "2019-01-10", "mackey_intstrratio_1", "auxbox_mackey_intstr_ratio()")

function auxbox_mackey_intstr_ratio()
local int = string.format("%.1f", (me:get_intel()/(me:get_intel()+me:get_str()))*100)
local str = 100-int
auxbox_prop_line("INT/STR:", int.."%/"..str.."%")
end
Mackey
Posting from my ass computer.

Postby eggmceye » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:48 am

I will get off my ass and move these auxbox posts to here

viewforum.php?f=20
eggmceye
hello

Previous

Return to EUO General