Ideas thread 2016

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Ideas thread 2016

Post by Keighn »

Still depends on which mobs you're fighting. I drop the MR gear gauging on what mobs can't really affect me with magic. Instead I go for AS and all STR gear. Def gear almost never gets used by me anymore. Though that does depend I suppose.

Anyways, I went to one of my low level newbs on PD and was starting some chatting with NPCS. Seems they don't remember everything you've chatted to them about. I thought that info might be stored just like maps are stored. Maybe a temp player(name).dat of sorts that goes along with the .mm files to register conversations. Call it (playernamechat).dd

Also, I noticed in the list on the NPC as you talk it gets bigger. Was sort of hoping topics you haven't typed but came up in conversation would be red at first and then turn the neutral gray/white color afterwards. This way if you have a forgetful mind then you know what you've already talked about. Maybe another would have green or cyan text for those hidden key words you learned from another source (usually developed in long quests like blue stone and such).

Naturally, if you erase your .dd files then you have to type again but it won't reset quests; you just sort of lose all that typed out data.
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

@ SanJorge

Oh sorry didn't read that you need 175% class to activate... Hope it will be without so I can CHEEEZE!

About the MR, while MR does reduce your damage taken by a maximum of 75% A full int mage on PD will have liek 1500K+ hp and a fighter more than 4.5K. Theoratically mages are less squishy than fighters. However EPIC mob can't be resisted cause you need to have like 7500 MR which is impossible to get even with a full int bloodkin and 13 +5 MR gear... (including sigils).

Why is PD cap lvl 1K while reg is 500... Ever thought about the fact that once you die on PD you lose EVERYTHING, (except houses LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON) So far there have been countless people who have reached high lvl (300-1000) and died... Even more than 10 times... Is the reason I think Egg doesn't restore characters anymore.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Was looking at /q for quests and I think another nifty idea on completed quests is it shows how much XP you gained for that quest and physical reward as well. I know... more paper work....
Secos
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Secos »

Rumper wrote:@ SanJorge

Oh sorry didn't read that you need 175% class to activate... Hope it will be without so I can CHEEEZE!

About the MR, while MR does reduce your damage taken by a maximum of 75% A full int mage on PD will have liek 1500K+ hp and a fighter more than 4.5K. Theoratically mages are less squishy than fighters. However EPIC mob can't be resisted cause you need to have like 7500 MR which is impossible to get even with a full int bloodkin and 13 +5 MR gear... (including sigils).

Why is PD cap lvl 1K while reg is 500... Ever thought about the fact that once you die on PD you lose EVERYTHING, (except houses LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON) So far there have been countless people who have reached high lvl (300-1000) and died... Even more than 10 times... Is the reason I think Egg doesn't restore characters anymore.

In my mind the level and stat cap is mutually exclusive from the fact that you lose your character and gear when you die. Diablo doesnt have a 2x level cap on hardcore mode. I just haven't seen that before in other games. Not to mention that you can buy resurrect saves from cash shop
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

reg is 500.

pd is 10x reg.

pd is 1000.

any more questions? that is that. it won't change.

and on that. even tho PD isn't even 10x reg stat, or level wise. at level 1000 it's almost the same as 500 on reg. stats are irrelevant. with me being a level 1000 mage, look at CinisterD on Reg. with his int gear (like mine), he does the same amount of damage as i do. his stats are lower, basically the same gear with a few differences, and the same end result as far as damage goes.

What's so hard about that?
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Secos

Post by Secos »

How can having 2000 more stats be irrelevant? Are you saying the growth per stat point is different between reg and PD?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

emo might be confusing NG's stat value with regs ...

stat value on pd is the same as reg ... with the only difference being you get 5 stat points per level on pd and 6 on reg. So ignoring levels & remorts for a second, 500pts worth of stats on reg is the same as 500pts of stats on pd.

ignoring remort now (which is basically converting stats->class points) (and ignoring humans):
level 1000 on pd has 75+999*5=5070 stats
level 500 on reg has 75+499*6=3069
which is what secos rightly pointed out

so yes you can say you can end up with more stats on pd and that no lvl 1000 on pd is not equivalent to 500 on reg.

so maybe to answer your question on why? You can ask the same question 'why' as to just about everything in euo: because I felt like it? because someone suggested it and I liked it? I don't know: It's probably had level 1000 cap now for nearly 10 years. YOu also need to consider the history of reg: it used to have levels, and maybe a level 50? cap. Then it became like NG, ie no levels, then that was scrapped and it got levels and no cap. Then it got a level 300! cap for many years. That was bumped to 450, and then inched to 500.

you also need to consider you get xp 10x the rate on pd, and the fact it's actually faster to get to level 1000 on pd that it is to 500 on reg.

The caps exist for 2 reasons: i) because I am opposed (morally! LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON) to leveling forever. I think you should quit euo and play something else. yes I actually think that ii) because as a content creator/curator I can't infinitely keep coming up with dungeons for players that want to level forever. even the recycling of dungeons either by heroic/epic or repaints (such as phoenix tower) are a bit weak, but there is only so much I can do.

as to your other points:
*There used to be a leader board for reg but it created a lot of drama. I have def considered reintroducing it.
*potion weight: never had anyone bring that up before. In all my time playing have never thought they were too heavy, tho empty flasks need to be kept getting dumped and I have to dump pots I don't like, eg green,orange
*mr/def balance: yeh well everyone has opinions on that. it's kinda is what it is after 13 years
*you can't buy resurrections on PD anymore, not for a few years
* euo isn't other games :2cool:

thanks for posting
Secos

Post by Secos »

eggmceye wrote:emo might be confusing NG's stat value with regs ...

stat value on pd is the same as reg ... with the only difference being you get 5 stat points per level on pd and 6 on reg. So ignoring levels & remorts for a second, 500pts worth of stats on reg is the same as 500pts of stats on pd.

ignoring remort now (which is basically converting stats->class points) (and ignoring humans):
level 1000 on pd has 75+999*5=5070 stats
level 500 on reg has 75+499*6=3069
which is what secos rightly pointed out

so yes you can say you can end up with more stats on pd and that no lvl 1000 on pd is not equivalent to 500 on reg.

so maybe to answer your question on why? You can ask the same question 'why' as to just about everything in euo: because I felt like it? because someone suggested it and I liked it? I don't know: It's probably had level 1000 cap now for nearly 10 years. YOu also need to consider the history of reg: it used to have levels, and maybe a level 50? cap. Then it became like NG, ie no levels, then that was scrapped and it got levels and no cap. Then it got a level 300! cap for many years. That was bumped to 450, and then inched to 500.

you also need to consider you get xp 10x the rate on pd, and the fact it's actually faster to get to level 1000 on pd that it is to 500 on reg.

The caps exist for 2 reasons: i) because I am opposed (morally! LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON) to leveling forever. I think you should quit euo and play something else. yes I actually think that ii) because as a content creator/curator I can't infinitely keep coming up with dungeons for players that want to level forever. even the recycling of dungeons either by heroic/epic or repaints (such as phoenix tower) are a bit weak, but there is only so much I can do.

as to your other points:
*There used to be a leader board for reg but it created a lot of drama. I have def considered reintroducing it.
*potion weight: never had anyone bring that up before. In all my time playing have never thought they were too heavy, tho empty flasks need to be kept getting dumped and I have to dump pots I don't like, eg green,orange
*mr/def balance: yeh well everyone has opinions on that. it's kinda is what it is after 13 years
*you can't buy resurrections on PD anymore, not for a few years
* euo isn't other games :2cool:

thanks for posting
Thank you for the thoughtful post. I realize that I'm stepping into a game that's been around for a long time and gone through a ton of different iterations. I'm a long time gamer myself and love MMOs, especially retro ones. The reason I pointed out the difference in level cap is that is the only reason that I'm now playing PD. I would play reg but I don't want to put in all that time and then get limited at 500. I don't know if you'd consider a 825 level cap on reg. That would get you very close to the same number of max stat points. People who want to play PD still would play PD. In the end I totally respect it's your call.

One of the things that does draw me to this game is the amount of content and the high level cap. I'm not a hardcore gamer anymore as I work full time and have a family. However, I like a game that I can fiddle with for years and not burn through and get bored in a month. I have played similar games to this one such as Legends of Kesmai, Kingdom of Drakkar, UO, Dransik, Ashen Empires, etc. There are a couple of indie game projects that I've also played such as RPG MO, Elderlands.

As for the potions as a low level player I have been bumping up on the weight limit and I keep noticing that I have over 100 weight in potions just from picking them up while hunting. When comparing the weight for potions versus other items I just thought the weight was a little high. Just an observation.

All in all I hope no one here is opposed to the feedback. I enjoy the game and just am trying to contribute since you still actively develop and tweak the game.
Secos

Post by Secos »

Another Idea: It makes sense to me that monks and rogues would get some sort of passive defensive skill. I know multi classing would make this much more difficult to balance. However, since they are both melee classes some sort of passive ability such as evasion which levels from 1-100 seems appropriate. Fighters get access to both tactics and block. It seems since monks are UA and rogues are light or medium armour they could use a damage avoidance passive. Horrible idea?
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

eggmceye wrote:emo might be confusing NG's stat value with regs ...

my bad B.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

I am pretty sure rogues already have a 25% (not sure about percentage though) chance of dodging attacks. Monks, Mages and Priest take the full brunt of attacks. Tactics decreases damage taken by 25% for fighters (at 100 skill) and they can get 10% spell damage reduction from block skill with a shield.
Monks don't really need defence, they got different aspects which can reduce incoming damage. Like aspect of the yeti that boosts your defence by 20 def and 120 MR. So a 100% monk would get 40 def with nothing on. There aren't even that many fighters with so much defence... Or using aspect of yeti that slows enemies attack and movement speed. Don't forget about mirror images, as long as your DPS holds you can even kill a hero 2x2 balron at lvl 400. A feat not many other classes can achieve. The only (bad) thing about monks is that you technically got 1 gear less, as you maximize your damage with gloves. But so do fighters when they use 2-handed weaponry!

A tip from a monk, never engage a difficult mob unless you have enough dps and save your rage for the last 30-50% of the enemy mob, as then you have generated so much aggro your clones won't be able to take aggro away.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, half-orc wielding runed weapons is pretty awesome for anyclass imho if you're into smacking specials around.

On ladders:
If reintroduced perhaps they should be tiered like how tournaments are tiered (maybe a little more fine tuned). Players should only be on the ladder if they've played recently. If you haven't played in say 3 months (maybe 1 month) you should be considered in "hibernation" It ain't hard to reclaim.. just log on and smack something for a few xp.

Same perhaps for clan leader boards (like there's really even enough people to get on the boards). There should be incentive to be in a clan besides a hall and buds to chill and have brewski's with. Clan should maybe win some coins or gold per member (or if you want to do some prog work create clan coins for adding on to clan halls and purchasing clan content.... easier to just win some personal coins IMHO). Again, say top 3 spots on clan leader board gets some sort of price 1st 2nd 3rd places Gold Silver Bronze w/e.

Never understood why you can't dodge and block. Not a big deal I suppose. Nor is say 1 def for using a main-gauche on your offhand. And we need cutlasses and pirate head bands. YARG!!

Oh.... and monkeys.... need more monkeys.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

How come stoneform doesn't allow you to see your surroundings and you as a statue? As it appears... you look like you're meditating. If meditating then why not have it recover hp and mana like if you were really meditating? Seems like that'd be useful. I'm just messing around making notes of a few things. As is, it works but if monks are supposed to be truly adept at awareness and martial arts experts it doesn't seem like they'd drop all focus of their surroundings. Then again, I can see an argument against stating that they are utilizing all their essence to become a statue of invulnerability forgetting about the outer world in a total void state of mind.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

i think you have to answer that particular quandry with "what would be better for the game in terms of balance/fun" ?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

For me... it doesn't matter. I make alts for everything. Everything is a challenge or not. I mean I make alts that slap stuff with frying pans... well.. I should make one. At the very least for them; I'd like to see myself as a stone statue, even if all I see is blackness beyond. Then I know I'm not just resting. Monks I'm not all that familiar with as far as utilizing their abilities to the best.
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Oh, If you're talking about monks then let me give you my (not so important) opinion.

I LOVE the stone form where you can't see anything. It gives you the idea that nothing else matters anymore :p.
I mean it would be not fun if you could actually see where you are, where the enemy mobs are or what they are doing. Same with levitation. I try to make it a challenge (on Reg, not ballsy enough on PD) to levitate to Anathema :D

For fun it's better to keep it the way it is. Also I always thought stoneform give you better mana regen like your meditating. Not for hp cause you are middle in combat afterall. But it's a fun break from that not-so-endless grinding.

I have to say stone form doesn't work in that epic forest in Maondir where the walls come crushing towards you. I died LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

But Tanooki Mario....

TANOOKI FRIGGIN MARIO MAN!!!!!!
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

spells like VF and OG should be counted as projectile attack like arrows, so you can dodge them and high dex characters dont need super MR gear on later levels anymore, spray attacks like IFH should work similar just with higher need of dex to dodge them.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Something that lets you know you're in Heroic/epic maps. Either a tint to the screen or even the 'm'ap telling you its Heroic or Epic. Usually one knows but if you're in a party or invite someone and don't tell them they might not know. Sometimes I forget even. (usually lack of respawning mobs reminds me.

Plus I'd think it'd be cool if the screen was a little tinted for such a thing. Epic being REDish tint and Heroic greenish or somthing....
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Green and Orange pots are awesome. Well green isn't all that exceptional but I have weakend mobs with it. Orange I often have on hotkey to knock out a mob for either a getaway or extra dmg. Green needs to do more poison dmg to mobs.

When you search a stack of items using the s key it places the top item at the bottom of the stack. This way you can take the top item or (in the case of disenchanting items; you can disenchant then search to bring up the next item. As is I have to disenchant, pick up item from selection then dis again. I thought that at one time search did cycle through items.

When drinking from a fountain various colors alert you of the result if you aren't paying attention:
YELLOW for Feal Great
GREEN for Snakes issuing forth & evil water elemental
CYAN for Good Water Elemental
BLUE for Refreshing
BOLD GRAY for Bad breath