Ideas thread 2016

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Ideas thread 2016

Post by Keighn »

Yeah, go Ken Uston! That'll be my first character.

For some rocking Ken Uston music watch the vid:
Last edited by Keighn on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Looking at the UPdates on the armoury page I'd say there needs to be a separate listing for eggs and actualy biography changes and perhaps other updates on that page. Maybe a link page that divides them up and goes back a long ways (not sure how far back the records go but a separate records page)
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

While we are at it, we should also add ratings to biography :D
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

Mixed Class Stance "Saberdance" for Rogue / Fighter
--> Only 1 handed longswords (only curved) and sabre (only that foil)
--> No shields
--> adds 25% dex
--> +2 attacks with furry
--> 175% foils + longswordsskill
--> no medium or heavy armour allowed
--> gained from quest (more fun)
Last edited by SanJorge on Mon May 16, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

That stance will never be added. It's too specific and would look awesome for your hybrids. But ever thougt about a monk in that stance? Equip a monk or mage with and ordinary longsword then bam op monk...
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

I wrote 175% class skill of Rogue / Fighter is needed to activate , even specified with longsords and foils , wich means no room for monk class on NG and REG , only NG allows more than 175% classskills (200% for humans on PD 125% for humans on Reg).
So its nowhere OP because you have to heal with Pots.
Last edited by SanJorge on Mon May 16, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

stance as hybrid class, hmm interesting
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

If we have two attacks with furry does that mean we yiff twice as hard? :cow: :cow: :cow:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

I didn't mean 2* furry , if furry hits 5 times , it hits 7 with stance. Furry is only for longswords.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

do you mean fury or flurry?
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

X-D flurry of course
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

this post tho... LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

"Will you hit or will you stand?"

Or, maybe you'd like to challenge "Max" to a showdown..... Do you hold the winning hand? DO YOU?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Some sort of consumable or usable that doubles or triples the DURATION of all current effects on you (ie food effects, potions, spells, etc...)

Naturally you'd want to use/cast/eat your buffs then use the super boost extender. Makes me think of spells in D&D like the Extension series I-V (they extended durations as well I believe).

Gah... I meant to post Duration not the effect itself... ie.. say a pot lasts 100 seconds normally... Use the magic buddy consumable thingy and bam! Its now like 200 seconds or 300 seconds long. (course it only can put those items to the maximum multiple and can't be cheesed and kept being used.....
Last edited by Keighn on Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Secos
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Secos »

So as a new player ...

-Higher level cap on REG server (increase past 500)
-Leaderboards for REG server
-Decrease weight of potions (1.0 per potion seems high, propose .5 per)
-I don't quite like the balance of resistances at the end game (although I haven't reached it yet). It seems everyone stacks MR which seems counter intuitive for a tank (I'm a half orc Fighter 100%). I think for balance there should be a good mix between physical and magical damage mobs at end game. Additionally, it seems odd that mages get the most MR (from int stat) and yet considerably higher damage as well than fighters. Shouldn't there be a draw back? It seems the game is more geared to a hybrid caster/priest. Since you have the most MR and can heal yourself....or maybe my initial impressions are completely off and I need more experience playing.
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

level cap has been raised and lowered multiple times.

there isn't a board long enough for Reg, tho there did used to be a top 100 i think.

and as for your last half. None of that is true, except you get more MR from intel. Think of intel/MR as a wizard. If you're a wizard that casts spells, you're more apt to be able to defend/block other magical spells, no? So, with the more intel, you get higher MR which makes perfect sense. MR does seem to be the more go-to when you're in your higher levels, yes, but that's because all your high level creatures and maps are all hero dragons, and spell casting. No one really fights things like Shadow Warriors anymore like they used to. and last but not least, the mages are stronger than fighters. No. Not at all. Fighters are the strongest in the game. High str (which comes with high HP), hard hitting weapons like Great Mauls for maces. You can hit in the 400's with a copper GM and the right set-up, and decent speed with the 25% faster for 2-h "spell". Fighters, in the past have whooped mages asses without hesitation.

Get in your high levels before recommending something like that, you'll be surprised what you actually find out.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Fighters can go into Tanking stance and usually have the highest HP in the game. They don't necessarily need to use MR. And now I hear about this glass reflecting armour. Let me tell you that on PD my fighter kicks more ass than my mage/priest. I take my wizard up against heroic balrons, shadow mages, and dragon hybrids and he usually gets his ass handed to him (probably I have shitty stats or items but w/e). My pure fighter though, he does pretty good. Sure a big assed epic 2x2 shadow lord uses me as its sex toy but w/e.

I can't say for reg. I only have one alt over lvl 100 and that's like nothing. Most do go after MR though. I'm no exception on PD. It really depends on what I'm fighting though. There are equip runes now where you can change gear in a quick fix. Sounds pretty awesome.
Secos

Post by Secos »

I appreciate the dialogue. What is the idea around having PD at such a higher level cap than reg. From what I can tell reg gets a 3000 stat cap to PD at 5000. Shouldn't they be the same? So a player invests over 10x the amount of time on reg but their character can't become as powerful as one on PD? Why not have the same level cap and stat growth on both servers?

Don't shoot the messenger. Just a question from a noob.
Secos

Post by Secos »

Keighn wrote:Fighters can go into Tanking stance and usually have the highest HP in the game. They don't necessarily need to use MR. And now I hear about this glass reflecting armour. Let me tell you that on PD my fighter kicks more ass than my mage/priest. I take my wizard up against heroic balrons, shadow mages, and dragon hybrids and he usually gets his ass handed to him (probably I have shitty stats or items but w/e). My pure fighter though, he does pretty good. Sure a big assed epic 2x2 shadow lord uses me as its sex toy but w/e.

I can't say for reg. I only have one alt over lvl 100 and that's like nothing. Most do go after MR though. I'm no exception on PD. It really depends on what I'm fighting though. There are equip runes now where you can change gear in a quick fix. Sounds pretty awesome.
I get your point on mage vs fighter. As far as mr goes I just think that if everyone goes a heavy mr build that in itself shows a balance flaw. I will hold off posting too heavily on the subject until i get more experience with the game.