Ideas thread 2016

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Ideas thread 2016

Post by Keighn »

I always enjoyed staff being a neuter non class. I could finally just be a bad assed peasant reknown in my town community. ALL HAIL CIRCUSCLOWN!!

My staff lord.

Other weapons should follow the staff example though.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Winds for airborne and sailing effects.
Currents for waters on rafts.

I would so love to river raft in a game (think of the current in wasteland in the beginning maps).

graphics for cataracts and rapids of various types.
Waves on the shoreline.

Tides.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ideas written up one morning drinking coffee at my computer-less table.

From paper:
EUO Ideas:

Ult3 Alt Classes clown/jester/mime/fool

Weapons & Armor = 1% increments of damage affecting its abilities... greater % damaged greater percent it will be further damaged.
Tinted hammers..... Master hammer to work on all tints.
Some tints are more resistant to damage and some less resistant.

Furniture Items: 4 stages (+ Original) HP/Def Assigned & graphics to represent
Lightly Damaged
Moderately Damaged
Heavily Damaged
Destroyed

New maped adds checklists to items:
Push/Pull - moveable mechanic
Searchable (Assign Treasure type or special item.... apply timer for reset if any)
Trigger
Quest related
Takable
Breakable (attack it)
Walkable (can walk on it)
Talk to it
Activate it:
Spell cast on it..
Drop item on it
Use item on it
Attack it to activate it
Push/pull to activate it
Look at it to activate it
Walk into it to activate it
Other ideas I haven't figured

Some things that might happed:
Does Nothing
X & Y coordinate item/summon/effect
Trap

timer for it to reset

Ground:
Digable (we have a hole gfx... but be able to dig bigger pits, troughs, trenches, deep wide depressions)

Bring back mining walls:
Use Pick axe (mining pick): How easy wall dissolves bassed on strength & type of pick axe (tint & +)
3 typs of Walls:
Clay/earth/sand (dirt) soil Wall Difficulty 1 (1-10 times to remove wall or assign HP/(something to represent hp)
Packed Stone/Earth (5x as difficult to remove)
Granite/Basalt (10x difficult)

Can set any wall in maped to (Mine feature or check list it as such)

Cave in warnings depending on stability. Message (earth trickles to the ground, rocks shift, you hear rumbling.. etc)
% Damage or set amount of damage NOT INSTANT DEATH
if set then earth walls = set damage, Packed = x2 damage, Granite/baslat x5 damage.

Veins of gold (nuggets), other ores find copper, silver, zinc, blackrock, ore, mithril, etc.
Gems (deposit) I believe I even had graphics as well as mort did.

NPC's:
Day/Night Cycle
MOre Reasonable Shop Hours
1. Bed Sleeping
2. Awake at Mirror/basin to wash up
3. Eating
4. Walking/working
5. Pub/Eating
6. Reading or house cleaning
7. Sleeping

Shops:
Set daily amount of gold in shop (if they don't have to gold to purchase you decide to give it to them or they don't accept item sold)
# Days/Weeks item restocks (faster if apprenticeship is at shop)
Keeps sold items in database for a while possibly shipped to other towns or storehouses

SMithies/weapons/armourer/tailor/alchemist/etc
Apprenticeships: You help make items at their anvil/alembic/etc.. you make some gold and gain possible % skill if you can. The higher you're % in skill the more gold you make... time working there might affect wage as well (and how well the boss likes you via karma)
Take/jobs to gather or transport deliver item for XP & maybe Reward of gold or items

Smith/forge:
buy/sell ores/ingots
Costs to break items down (but no degration or loss of parts like decontruct wands)
Costs for place to build items & Time

Karma -- how good/evil you are to others...

Monsters - FIX AI or add to it.
Perhaps works like Pet mechanic in some aspects (check list in maped on how it acts)
set it to summon or cast x spell more, only attack, attack/retreat, never stands still, uses only ranged, retreats to furtherest range to attack, cat & mouses (invisible, attack, or for thieves... hides in shadows)

classes in monsters that use special attacks, and YES thieves that can backstab players.
In many games the classes are usually the toughest monsters with exception to a few.
Special list on mob for items it might use (potions, wands, etc, weapons, armor) These might drop or might not (possibly not if cheesable on special mobs)

More keys in game to open up special doors/chests/locks/walls (be they gems, orbs, tinted keys or stones, even weapons as keys)
Locksmith to make locks that can be placed
Traps that can be created and set

Special keys that can be made (from materials.. gem keys probably take several gems of type)

---------
Book of Experiments:
Divided into sections (alchemy, weaponsmithing, mining, etc..)
Holds all recipes you personal discover on that alt
Includes % of skill to start recipe and optimum % for 0% failure
Hot Keys in book +/- to collapse recipe trees (like in windows for file structures)

Apparatus of dismantling:
Drop completed item in & parts of it are replaced generally 0% items lost (compared to dismantling wand)
Works only once for any type of particular item.
Book of experiments is placed on stand while item is dropped on apparatus.. it records the RECIPE to make that item in your book.
Apparatus only works if BOE (book of experiments) is in stand.
Each increment of + is separate so you'll have to find the item to drop it in.

Offhand wizard items:
Tome, libram, spellbook, manual
Orb, skull, wand, staff, wand, Rod
Talisman, crystal..
KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

Since I just underwent the process of getting my house relocated on PD . . . :geek: I had the thought that- it would be amazing to have a tab on the site that displayed the housing locations for the people in the game.

This would be fantastic for:
  • 1) Locating Player Houses
  • 2) Seeing Other Player Designs
  • 3) Seeing How Populated a Town Is (ie if you have neighbors or not)
  • 4) Seeing Whether a Particular Spot of Land/House is Available
I was thinking maybe a simple overview of each town map that has housing options and be able to have the players name simply placed on the housing spot.

***The map would not have to display the house design- just simply show the space outline, who owns it and where it is ***

Just a thought :cool:

:aus:

-Colt
TheOneGuy

Post by TheOneGuy »

roach races is amazing I was going to suggest raising hell spawn for the races xD.

My thoughts to fix the ever declining Social eco system of EUO (only people that REALLY stay around are Gm's or LOVE to grind)

more "high" level activities. for the 1-150 group

non-grinding player engagement:

dwarf fortress-esc mini game.

Have one of the non used stones take you to a place where you can found your own town!

Gold sink to buy unit's to defend.
Item sink to equip guards.
Have a keep area you never lose items or units in. (for Socializers and Achievers)
90% of stuff/units rebuilt on a lose for unit spawns out side the keep. (for Socializers and Achievers)
Pay for wave survival against npc spawned attacks. Gain gold as you progress to invest in town shops and guards.
Random NPC attacks from marauders
Player attacks (for killers)- 24 protection after an attack to prevent killers from bashing Socializers. destroying another players base would give you 10% of items/gold cost of units they would normally lose from wave survival.
Shops: upgradeable npc shops with new items every 24 hours. More gold invested = better items. up to arty /enchant ... or whats the point?
Farms/Mines/lumber mills/fishing ports: gain small amount of gold income form your peons. giving a reason for people to expand past their keep.

Weekly Clan fights!
One day out of the week have there be clan fights over special dungeons. Spaced out over 24 hours so everyone can get a shot at the win around the world.
could be just a carbon copy of a different dungeon with perks! I.e> Blood more, mino halls, ... etcetera.
Winning perks:
+10% exp
+15% gold gain
+drop chance

I would start by arranging the game into tiers - to keep crazy powerful people from winning every race or every battle- For socializers and achievers

Level cap set to 150
at 150 pay 100,000 or 2 addy coins to go past 150 up to 250-epic/paragon 1
at 250 pay 200,000 or 4 addy coins to go past 250 up to 350-epic/paragon 2

Boring explanation \/

The psych 101 of games.

I love euo, but for a game's social eco system to work you have to fully engage all 4 groups.

Players are a combination of 4 attributes.

Socializing: enjoying the company of others.
Achievement: no explanation needed. You achieve stuff ears / finding gear / levels
Exploring: Finding out new things. New Item/skill combos or quest lines and secret areas
Killing: pvp in any form. The core motivation of killers is competition.

Socializing: (C)If there are people on, you can hang out with them. Socializers are the really easy to please group.

Achievement: (A+)This group has quite a lot to do! Between the stones and ears plus rare gear and a ridiculously high level cap. there is almost no end to what achievers can do.

Exploring: (A++)Tons of stuff to explore

Killing:(D) a pvp tourney once a year .... that is sad.

To fully engage all 4 groups: Killers need an outlet :knife: . Socializing actually goes up when killers are balanced. Think firepox. We loved to hate him! there was never less than 15-25 people on reg!

There are other ways to balance game eco systems those are just my thoughts.
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

KoRnAGAIN wrote:Since I just underwent the process of getting my house relocated on PD . . . :geek: I had the thought that- it would be amazing to have a tab on the site that displayed the housing locations for the people in the game.

This would be fantastic for:
  • 1) Locating Player Houses
  • 2) Seeing Other Player Designs
  • 3) Seeing How Populated a Town Is (ie if you have neighbors or not)
  • 4) Seeing Whether a Particular Spot of Land/House is Available
I was thinking maybe a simple overview of each town map that has housing options and be able to have the players name simply placed on the housing spot.

***The map would not have to display the house design- just simply show the space outline, who owns it and where it is ***

Just a thought :cool:

:aus:

-Colt
Sort of like a real-estate office. Like this maybe.

It could show available plots and costs.

Maybe also an insurance agent like macro daemon, pinky (flo), Henry, etc...

You buy insurance policy at office. Then use the policy... "Like a good player.... EUO is there!!!" And one of them appears. You can buy a res stone (pd), a reg res stone, a ng res stone, etc. the pd one functions as usual. The others red you on the spot or take you to the insurance office. Either way you're fully healed with no res sickness.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Hmmmm... I so need to make that insurance office map.

That and a real cathouse stripper bar with bikers.
ZUPS!!!!
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Lying ill in bed I am watching weekly PD developments videos on youtube atm.

For the random dungeon algorithms that create square rooms connected by paths, it would be nice, if you could add some variety to the room décor. I was thinking about defining themes and randomly applying these to some rooms:
- classic (what you have now, random furniture)
- graveyard (tombstones, graves)
- swamps (swamp and water tiles with stepping stones, moss on the walls, mushrooms and ooze items on the floor)
- torture chamber (stock tiles, blood on the wall, corpses, skeletons on the floor)
- shrine/altar rooms
- rooms with a pool in the middle
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh I find it a bit repetitive atm, maybe you'd like to help out :D
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

If you upload the algorithms, I may take a look at them. I really would like to help but I just cannot promise anything any more because of the kids, etc..
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Hey... will any of these help?

Guides
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Re:

Post by Luxorious »

eggmceye wrote:(insane list that makes no sense)
Hah, I know that feeling!
Any thoughs on races, classes or something? Dwarves could use mithrilweave leather/cloth gear.

I've been thinking about jewelcraft in Euotopia. I'll update this post later in more detail, but the point is:
-new skill, jewelcrafting (or a better name)
-initiated by a quest related to Old Henry & Estorrath OR just by finding mats
-If quests then some lore and Old Henry gives you a talk about a journal he found. A journal about jewelcrafting, long lost art of New Sosaria.
-key tool is a chisel (can try to draw GFX) and a crafting bench
-More use to existing gems
-New gems are gathered from new kind of phases, either as a monster drop or mined.
-Can craft special amulets/rings, but won't replace existing jewelry - they are an alternative, not an ugrade
-New special modifiers, which doesn't exist at gear - like dwarves' infravision.
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
mugima
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mugima »

Can't really think of too many ideas to suggestions only a few, so here goes.

1.) What about making rings/necks usable on fountains?(Mainly for bone tint or would that just be too cheesable? Dont understand why they got left out)

2.) Any idea for a new server something along the lines of what I saw someone post about a real PD

What about making a PD server that always had 1/20 boss spawns, but ALL monsters were stronger than the versions of them on all other servers?
Maybe some other incentives to make it more attractable.
No res stones would drop on this server, ever, couldn't buy them, no way for a char to come back period.
You wouldn't have to be LotL but you couldn't pick up any thing dropped by any other characters(no houses would prolly be a good idea)
There's prolly more stuff I can think of but I'd like to see some feedback first before I waste my breath sort of speak haha.
XxMikexX
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by XxMikexX »

Global Announcements

The game would announce in global chat when someone...

GM's a skill
Gets a good drop
Kills a significant boss
XxMikexX
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by XxMikexX »

Sorry for the double post. :uhh:

Allow clans to use gold to purchase 1.5x, 2x and 4x XP for their clan for a set amount of time. This could bring Clans together and get rid of some gold in the game.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

I want an upvote button for things like Mikes 2 posts here, Egg making updates, or when someone else writes or makes something cool and/or useful.
Much easier than having to write posts of appreciation.
Maybe the upvote could tell who voted if people still want credit for it. It would also prevent upvotes from fake-accounts.

Yeah yeah, Facebook light, i know. But it is pretty practical.
Maybe I'm just lazy ;)

:yoshi: (And i wanted to add this one cause Yoshimitsu is awesome)
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
mugima
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mugima »

So dirtyking and I were just talking about races and the perks and downfalls and all, and we start to think, why don't skeletons get 100% hp bonus from bone gear? It'd give way more incentive to try them as I don't see much use for them atm(others may disagree). Also, it just seems like it SHOULD go with them given they are...well....made from bones?

Thoughts and or suggestions?
mugima
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mugima »

Bump/edit xD
How's about making it so all servers see when other chars log into all servers???
mugima
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mugima »

***Editing because I just realised I have like 3 posts in a row*
More scoreboard ideas? Maybe a "Most xp in past 24 hours" SB for PD and reg?
Shows top 5-10?
Another bump for the global indicator when someone logs into any server. could be toggleable
Any ideas you guys can come up with that egg could realistically input to create some hype for people to play idk, reallly wishing the player base would grow just a little, or even see the once usuals on again...plx help xD
:knife: :knife:
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Here are some impossible dreams:

The gambler class:
- Class that mainly relies on money.
- Incurs heavily losses when using risky skills (Pay set amount of gold whether skills succeeds or not.
- Some fun abilities:
- Gamble: Removes gold equal to your lvl x 5 for an X increase in damage. This X can be either negative of positive. If gp is insufficient lose all gold.
- Russian Roulette: Insta kills either player or monster based on their respective MR. Caps at 90% chance to kill mob. Player chance to die is uncapped.
- Pokerface: Instantly raises MR/AS/DEF by 20% for 10 sec. X min Cd
- Card throw: Ranged attack in a card is thrown at an enemy. Possibility of throwing an Ace for double damage.
- Gold armour increases dodge chance

Pay NPC's for getting/crafting stuff for you. Amount of gold increase substantially for every item requested within <item amount> minutes. E.g. I request 100 mega yellow potions to be crafted. Thus 500 ginseng, 500 spider silk and 100 reinforced flask is removed from inventory along with 100gp for the first craft item, 200 gp for the second item, 300 gp for third item etc. So a total of 505000 gp is paid. Items can be collected after 100 minutes of in-game play.

Zoo: Luring mobs to the zoo can net you some points which can be exchanged for gold or mats.

Interactions between idling char. Like huggin, pranking, poking, tripping eachother.

Dungeons with Executioner mob strolling around the map and can see invisible. Attacks only if player is in a particular dungeon for too long. Mob can be hiding too.

Level-based aspects.

Another form of buffing. So far we have Potions, Food, Ablities and Scrolls. How about adding elemental stones that can potentially increase damage, decrease damage taken, give resistance resist, increase speed. Double or even potentially triple layering buffs will give more fun.

Weapons that have been equipped for far too will gain sense. These awakened weapons can be either detrimental or profitable for the char wearing it. Countless different bonuses should be made available like sense tint fusion (another tint effect will come into play), sense thinker (faster attacks), sense magery (enchantments like IJO, IMJ, IVPY, etc)

Now the things that are actually possible:

Paragon levels for Lvl 500 char on reg and lvl 1K on PD. These paragon lvls can only be increased by getting xp while kill streaking (not sure this word even exists). Minimum kill streaks are based on Paragon lvl.
Kill streak xp is dependent on your paragon lvl aswell as amount of mobs killed in 1 go. Xp earned = 1 + (killstreak amount/100) * [ (sum mobxp/killstreak amount) * (killstreakamount - paragon lvl) ]
These Paragon lvls don't have to increase stats.

Make a temple where you can donate 1 mil gold for + 200% xp for 5 min.