Ideas thread 2015

Moderator: EUO Moderators

EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: Ideas thread 2015

Post by EmoMage »

Why the fuck you always gotta talk some negative shit. It's getting old and annoying as fuck real fast.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

oi
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

Can't you just wear them both and only afterwards use dark ritual?
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

probably, but i don't want 1 hex 1 ss, i want 2 hexblade.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

NG is really awewsome with that multiclassing, so I hope you could make a new kind of PD, but with 250% cap for non-humans and 350% for humans NG skillscap style.
I can see endless suffer... *ehm* *cough* *cough* possibilities.

Level cap should be as high as possible, remorting shouldn't be done at lvl 75 but lvl 100 or even higher.
Tink

Post by Tink »

I think Kevin needs a bwankie and a bottle.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I've always thought of remort as being a bit broken and it is if you choose to remort post 75. I've totally devastated alts doing such. Generally you'll start leveling but receive no stat points to allot.

I always believed when you remort that your level drops back to 1 not just the experience gain. You sti retain level 75 upon the remort then level up like a banshee easily to 120 or higher.

You have more total stats non-remort but not by much and it almost doesn't seem worth NOT remorting unless you love single class (no real incentive)

Here was a model I had for ultra long replay ability and remort.

1. xp gain before remort is as PD standard. Remort at earliest 50.
2. Can remort at any level beyond up to level 1 k.
3. When you remort the current stat allotment for when remort goes into effect (I forget what level 1k stat allotment was on alpha but its a lot) and +100% to class limit.
4. Xp and level reset to 0
5. Leveling up now is harder say x8 instead of the x10 pd normally is.
6. You can remort again but only if you reach a higher xp and level value than before so yes a 1k could remort (I believe nonremort xp is = to level 1,024 or so)
7. Rinse and repeat gaining another +100% class and a yet higher stat and hp allotment than previous remort.
8. Even harder to level up after second remort.

Simple:
0 remort = 100% class, x10 xp gain
1 remort = 200% class, x8 xp gain
2 remort = 300% class, x6 xp gain
3 remort = 400% class, x4 xp gain
4 remort = 500% class, x2 xp gain
5 remort = 600% class, regular xp gain

Classes I recall:
1. Fighter
2. Mage
3. Priest
4. Rogue
5. Monk
6. Necromancer

As to addy res stone.... Should still be given at 1k I suppose.
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

So you basically want to create a superman, and a hardcore challenge for old players.
Reading your text kinda reminds me of rebirth mechanics, except instead of stats you have class increase here.
The problem with this system is that you are creating some kind of all-rounder that has every ability available, and personally I think that is really bad. You can't enjoy the RPG style of it anymore. In my case, the fun (and the most difficult and agonizing) part is choosing your class, deciding to mix classes or not, see what abilities are available etc... One of the reasons why I love NG. A phaseshifting tank, absolutely GENIUS. Now you can say I am being a hypocrite, but there is a big difference in being a master of all and a jack of all trades with tricks.

Now as for some ideas to ease people's fingers.
Bulk crafting should be available. Maybe some rare drop that is called XXXX of industrialism where the XXXX stands for all tools available in the game (sewing kits, tinker's toolkit, smitht's hammer, pan, meat skewer, quill, etc.)
This will break after a hundred uses or something.

Dipping weakly enchanted items again for a stronger enchant of the same type. Say current chance for weak enchant is 50%, normal enchant is 10% and strong enchant is 1%. Dipping an already ecnhanted item for a stronger effect would be possible but with lower chances. E.g. When I dip bone belts I have a 50% chance to get a weak enchant (+5stat/+1def), a 10% chance for a normal enchant (+10stat/+2def) and a 1% chance for a strong enchant (+15stat/3def).
Now the idea is to be able to enhance the current enchant on my bone belt + 5 int. So for example I could still keep dipping my +5 int for a 5% chance of turning it into a bone belt +10 int item or 0,5% chance for a bone belt +15 int.
This could be handy unless you want people to waste money on disenchanting wands.

These shops that sell plain wearable stuff should also sell enchanted items like in EFTV. Now there are 2 choices, first one is same items for evryone. Secid choice would be personalized for the char. As in I am a fighter, I only see items for sale pertaining +str, +dex, +def and +slaying. As for the rarity of the items on sale, it should be decided on max class cap. So 90 fighter will never get best weapon out there, while the 100 fighter could.

Lastly: My favorite topic MONKS
I sincerely ask for a revision of monks abilities.
My ideas for change:
Add in monk recall, call it 'Gone with the wind' or something.
Aspects should give resist bonuses, hydra give 10 or 20% lightning resist, drake fire resist and yeti slow resist. Turtle stance could be potentially changed to no extra MR but gives a 5-10 resist bonus against all elements.
Rogues can disarm chest, priests can see which ones are trapped with WJ, so I think monks shoulld be able to resist lighting damage to block that 1 hit kill trap.

*EDIT*

About that monks lighting resist, we should reconsider it because monks normally have no wordly desires.

Is there a tiny chance for weapon evolution? I mean the longer you use a specific weapon and clear a challenge the stronger it could grow.
An example could be something like this: For a vampiryc weapon +1 to evolve to a vampiryc weapon +2, you should have atleast held it for 5 hours or attacked with it 5000 times and should have cleared the challenge of absorbing 100 hp in 1 hit in order for it to evolve to a +2 weapon.
Last edited by Rumper on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Rumper wrote:So you basically want to create a superman, and a hardcore challenge for old players.
Reading your text kinda reminds me of rebirth mechanics, except instead of stats you have class increase here.
The problem with this system is that you are creating some kind of all-rounder that has every ability available, and personally I think that is really bad. You can't enjoy the RPG style of it anymore.
The thing about it is, you wouldn't be able to run with absolutely everything due to different builds, I would keep Azalynn a necromancer but i would get the benefit of being able to disarm traps with rogue at the penalty of losing level 1k. It would suck but it would be nice to have.
Keighn wrote:I've always thought of remort as being a bit broken and it is if you choose to remort post 75. I've totally devastated alts doing such. Generally you'll start leveling but receive no stat points to allot.

I always believed when you remort that your level drops back to 1 not just the experience gain. You sti retain level 75 upon the remort then level up like a banshee easily to 120 or higher.

You have more total stats non-remort but not by much and it almost doesn't seem worth NOT remorting unless you love single class (no real incentive)

Here was a model I had for ultra long replay ability and remort.

1. xp gain before remort is as PD standard. Remort at earliest 50.
2. Can remort at any level beyond up to level 1 k.
3. When you remort the current stat allotment for when remort goes into effect (I forget what level 1k stat allotment was on alpha but its a lot) and +100% to class limit.
4. Xp and level reset to 0
5. Leveling up now is harder say x8 instead of the x10 pd normally is.
6. You can remort again but only if you reach a higher xp and level value than before so yes a 1k could remort (I believe nonremort xp is = to level 1,024 or so)
7. Rinse and repeat gaining another +100% class and a yet higher stat and hp allotment than previous remort.
8. Even harder to level up after second remort.

Simple:
0 remort = 100% class, x10 xp gain
1 remort = 200% class, x8 xp gain
2 remort = 300% class, x6 xp gain
3 remort = 400% class, x4 xp gain
4 remort = 500% class, x2 xp gain
5 remort = 600% class, regular xp gain

Classes I recall:
1. Fighter
2. Mage
3. Priest
4. Rogue
5. Monk
6. Necromancer

As to addy res stone.... Should still be given at 1k I suppose.
This is dope. :D
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Kracky »

Keighn is on to something here. Having a rebirth / reincarnate option would open up a lot more playtime on those who want to keep growing and expanding a character they like. Using a simple formula to keep growing like this might work.

Rebirth / Reincarnate

Can be done at any level past 10.
Each time you re-up you gain +% class cap = to 1/10 of your level at rebirth and you go down one step of multiplier on exp.
Then your level 1 with 0 exp again.
Max 10 rebirths on a character max, thus reducing exp to normal rate.

Example:

Character decides to rebirth at level 250.
That character now has a class cap of +25% max and now gets 9x exp instead of 10x
Character is back to level 1 with 0 exp and class cap of 125% nonhuman and 150% human.

Charcter rebirths at level 1000.
Class cap max +100% and goes back to level 1 with 0 exp (maybe keep addy res stone ?)

This mechanic would allow those that want a NG style variety of skills to get it if they put in the time to do so.

How this would work with existing remort, not sure of. Maybe have to make a choice at 75 to remort now or never and then have to rebirth later ?

EDIT : As for stat progression, it would remain the same if reborn. 25 each stat (+5 bonus in one if human) at level 1 even after rebirth. So after fist rebirth at level 1000 player would return to level 1 ,stats (by race) being 25 in each, with 0 exp and a now a +100% class cap and now would only get 9x exp instead of 10x exp.

also looking at remort along with rebirth , would be too good. Remort and rebirthing would have to be mutually exclusive. One or the other NOT both on the same alt.
As for addy res stone that you can ask for at level 1k, that should be kept after rebirthing.
Last edited by Kracky on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Kracky,

Can you elaborate more on the stats post rebirth/remort/reincarnate?
Maybe that class cap would be a good idea but only if skills work like NG. Meaning a single skill takes up place, not all skills of the same class.
About the frequency of rebirthing, you lose stats every time you rebirth, making it more preferably to do it at lvl 1K. Instead of rebirthing at lvl 50 20 times :D
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Kracky »

A second option could also be "reincarnate" at level 1000 only.

Player keeps race, skills and classes. Stats go back to level 1. Goes back to level 1 with 0 exp and drops down to 9x exp gains BUT gets +5% bonus to all stats !

Rebrith and reincarnate would be some great choices to give a character a much longer life and variety.

EDIT : As for keeping adamantium res stone from 1k, The reward for the stone was simply being removed from the scoreboard. Once a player reaches level 1000 and asks and recieves a addy res stone it should be a permanent reward and not a "give-it-back" to rebirth/reincarnate etc... I know from personal experience that the addy res stone is worth more then you can imagine when your level 1000 and can finally explore all those heroic and epic maps and not be worried over getting killed (Everything in apoc map comes to mind).
Last edited by Kracky on Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Kracky wrote:A second option could also be "reincarnate" at level 1000 only.

Player keeps race, skills and classes. Stats go back to level 1. Goes back to level 1 with 0 exp and drops down to 9x exp gains BUT gets +5% bonus to all stats !

Rebrith and reincarnate would be some great choices to give a character a much longer life and variety.
^^
This I like very much!
But should equipment be restricted then? And do you still get your Addy res stone?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

That's a question of two minds. One might say yes as level 1k is relatively tedious and grindy. Another might say no as it adds to the challenge of ultimate immortality (yeah tell that to someone who perms deaths.)

The +% might be simpler than my idea and perhaps my xp drop was too harsh. Maybe
x9 not x8
x8 not x6
x7 not x4
x6 not x2
x5 not reg server xp

I tend to forget how long it takes. What about party leeching xp share mechanics? Was that changed?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Sometimes I wonder about the level req for items period. Has the elevated and changed so much that it wouldn't matter? Look at weekly and NG servers. No req for items I believe. Is strength still required as well?

Does it really bother a grinding game if a level 1 uses a +9 weapon +5 mr or +35 stat gear? Maybe the grind to utilize turns older players away since they've endured the past.

Take the current player base and size into account. Will it make or break the overall gameplay. Euo is unique and doesn't have to follow any rules but the creator's (egg) and suggestion perhaps from gaming constituents.
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Oh boy, can't wait to hear what Egg has to say about these stuff.

Monk suggestion: (It keeps coming I know :D)
Sense ability should include truesight and hopefully detect traps etc if your sanctity is high enough.
E.g. There is a trapped chest that under normal circumstances you would need 58 in traps to disarm. However as your sancity is still 43 you can't actually sense it's trapped. If you sanctity was higher you could see it is trapped.
This would be a fun nightmare for alot of players.
Why truesight should be added is that you have attuned your sense to nature. So if something was invisible you could still see it. But we cannot....
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You sure like monks..... I recall my DBZ med charging....
me wrote:Meditation: (Stoic)
I know many people get kind of annoyed with this skill as it really is just for some healing and mana regeneration. Here's an upgrade I thought of that's picture intensive.

Starting meditation much like we always see up to 4 skill.

Attaining 5 meditation you can see your HEALTH BAR.

Upon attaining 10 meditation you can also see your MANA BAR.

Upon attaining 15 meditation your combat awareness expands while in a heightened sense of meditation up to 1 square.

NOTE: COMBAT AWARENESS simply lets you sense the area around you. Generally you can see visible objects and people unless obstructed by a barrier.

Upon attaining 20 meditation your combat awareness expands while in a heightened sense of meditation up to 2 squares.

Upon attaining 25 meditation your combat awareness expands while in a heightened sense of meditation up to 3 squares.

Upon attaining 30 meditation you are labeled NEOPHYTE and your combat awareness expands while in a heightened sense of meditation up to 4 squares.

Upon attaining 35 meditation your combat awareness expands while in a heightened sense of meditation up to 5 squares.

Upon attaining 40 meditation you are labeled NOVICE and your combat awareness expands while in a heightened sense of meditation up to 6 squares.

Upon attaining 45 meditation your combat awareness expands while in a heightened sense of meditation up to 7 squares.

Upon attaining 50 meditation you are labeled APPRENTICE and your combat awareness expands while in a heightened sense of meditation up to 8 squares.

NOTE: The change of color beneath you indicates that you are now able to start sensing life around you though at this stage you are just starting. Those that have this LIFE SENSE can actually doge an attack instead of automatically being struck. The chance is low though. Those that can sense life can even detect invisible and hidden rogues that might try to backstab them. However, since undead are not living they cannot be detected.

Upon attaining 55 meditation your combat awareness stays at 8 squares while your life sense expands to 1 square.

Upon attaining 60 meditation you are labeled JOURNEYMAN and your combat awareness stays at 8 squares while your life sense expands to 2 squares.

Upon attaining 65 meditation your combat awareness stays at 8 squares while your life sense expands to 3 squares.

Upon attaining 70 meditation you are labeled EXPERT and your combat awareness stays at 8 squares while your life sense expands to 4 squares.

Upon attaining 75 meditation your combat awareness stays at 8 squares while your life sense expands to 5 squares.

Upon attaining 80 meditation you are labeled ADEPT and your combat awareness stays at 8 squares while your life sense expands to 6 squares.

Upon attaining 85 meditation your combat awareness stays at 8 squares while your life sense expands to 7 squares.

Upon attaining 90 meditation you are labeled MASTER and your combat awareness stays at 8 squares while your life sense expands to 8 squares.

Upon attaining 95 meditation you now have learned to gather your energies into raw power. Once your life and mana are fully restored via the regen rate for 95 you start to gather energy charging your rage meter up to full. If one is at full health and mana then one must wait 5 seconds before the rage meter charges up. One can then strike with full fury.

Upon attaining 100 meditation you are labeled GRAND MASTER. You have attained the highest sense of enlightenment and focus. Once your rage bar is fully charge you body begins to flow with renewed energy. Slowly your AS raised by 1 up to +15 max (as per 3 purple potions) at a rate of 1 every 5 seconds. Your defense raises in a similar rate of 1 every 5 seconds up to 15 max. And finally your Magic Resistance raise by +10 every 5 seconds up to +150 maxium. This lasts for but ONE focused strike to your enemy and you must do this fast as it begins to degenerate in 5 second and continues to decrease at the same rate in which it increased. (once the effect wears off the rage bar will disappear as normal as well). REMEMBER 1 STRIKE!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well......

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Maybe I should add flowing fire glow.....
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON That sure is cool, but kinda makes monk sense ability half useless, which I like because then monk abilities will get changed. =D

I request an arty change.
We know you are still thinking about an arty hexblade. However I kinda think most armour arties (hands, leggings, feet, torso, head) are kinda useless if they aren't crystal or even gold tinted. Especially now that we have boneweave.
On my monk I have found an Iron Fist Shirt artifact that gives me +5 defense and +25 str. That is really nice and such. But I prefer my boneweave robe +3 MR more.
Not does it only give me a 5% hp (which is more at later lvls than the hp you get from 25 str) boost but also 60 MR, which is plenty at low lvls. At higher lvls I would WoT a 36 str piece on it so I would get a boneweave robe +35 str making it seem FAR MOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRR attractive than that arty.

So here is my question.
Would you consider replacing + x def on most armour arties with + x MR? Or is it more likely to see that arties could be double tinted.

Like seeing a darkweave golden Frenzy Shirt or having a venomous barbed Bushmaster.

That's it for the rant today :D