Ideas thread 2015

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Re: Ideas thread 2015

Post by eggmceye »

it would be interesting if that actually happens, but how mob-mana & ai work isn't exactly by the rules (as in the rules for players)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Utility - combat tester app

Post by Keighn »

You bring up something I just thought of the other day while messing with tiles.

Combat Tester Application Program.

Either separate or attached to maped.

(I'd post example diagram but on someone's phone atm)

Basically: player (picture / name) [doesnt matter as its a representation but you choose a pic and handle)
HP: infinite (this is a test program)
Weapon: whatever you want
MR: you set the mr you want
DEF: set amount
AS: set this too
STR: set
DEX: set
INT: set
Each resistance: set [fire, lightning, poison, cold, etc]
And below is a list of attacks you can use from:
Normal strike to specials to spells (all available)

On the right side is the opponent ( either load up a mob from the database or write from scratch)
It loads up an editable mob from the monsterdat.

Relatively similar to the PCM side but you can even make the mob a different level.

At the top of the screen is a dps recorder (shows last 5-10)
And a timer for testing summons or other spells/effects that have a timer.

I should have noted a box between mob and tester PC for a summon.

To test you have mob select a key for attack on mob or attack on pc. This puts result of dps at top (showing last 10 attempts). Now you can tweak between each attack to find out the result.

When finished you can save the mob that will put it in lua text file (you name the file)

Now you never have to ask mort or egg to program another mob (unless its some fantastic mob that has far too many conditions to list)

My writing looks more complicated than the app really should be.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Utility - Euo paint program

Post by Keighn »

Scg tiled had it right in many ways. I'm rather tired of third party programs when doing tile sets.

The euotopian painter should have features like tiled but in
.bmp and .png and .gif
8x8, 16x16, 32x32, 64x64 pixel selections

Load up tile sets from maped.
Save tile sets to maped or other destination

Also reveals tile ID location on tile set for reference if you're messing around in .dat files.

Different zooms. Showing a 3x3 selection of tile.

Again either separate or part of maped.

Others features I missed???
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Maped suggestions

Post by Keighn »

Ability to throw up a grid overlay on the map (on/off)

Turn tile animations on / off instead of static mob terrain standing still.

Turn on/off show grid coordinates overlay. (As is you have to haver mouse over or center it to reveal coordinates. (Sure you should probably write down coordinates for meta mapping)

Show maps past 299. ATM anything past (I know there are some numbered up to 318) goes back to 0.

Just as paint has a select , copy, resize, and paste (done with mouse) I was thinking of a similar concept in maped including a select all. This would make resizing a whole or section of a map easier IMHO.

I could get into saved room templates but ill skill that until I can paste picture examples.
Last edited by Keighn on Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Treasure generator

Post by Keighn »

Similar to combat app.

You load up a mob and it displays the treasure code attached to it.

Down below is a list of percentages for treasure in that code including specials like meat, scales, etc.

You can change the selection from a list of those available and you can add items and change percentages. Then save to a lua text script (choose a name) this can be attached to a mob or chest.

I imagine it could be used with function and search to attach to something like searching a barrel, tree, bush. Digging a hole. Walking in a certain spot. Or walking in a spot if you have a certain object in inventory or in hand (readied torch reveals something in the light or lens reveals a hidden item)
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Kracky »

I can already imagine the flak I am gonna get for suggesting this idea. :fp:

Could we PLEASE buy with addy coins the decorative items that exist in game that were given out at very rare times long ago ?

The items like the christmas tree , mistletoe, lump of coal , etc ...the DECORATIVE items only I am asking please.

There are not many long time players left that have these things that even play at all. It would be very nice to be able to purchase those items with addy coins. Even charging 25-100 addy coins EACH would at least make some of us buy them for nostalgia and house luxuries.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

miniature mobs

If using a solid 32x32 tileset you can easily utilize the 16x16 in the same set as miniature mobs or baby or shrunken people. This opens up shrink/enlarge spells. Tiny rat while only open to small people. Bottle cities etc. for simplicity sake a shrunk mob is at 50% a normal like mob. It'd be like a cleave or headshot or old disease. I'd probably drastically reduce xp on little mobs if they start that way.

Enlarge spell or gigantor ray temp makes you a 2x2 or you're pet. Mobs might have these as well.

Silence spell 1 target - works like choke attack but no damage. Just can't cast.

Dispell magic 1 target - removes all buffs on target (more PVp) than anything but temp reduces all resistances on mobs by 1/2

Counter magic 1 target - reduces effectiveness of spell by %

Negate (as per ultima 4) - radius around caster negates all spells castable friend and foe.

Reflect (think gateway to apshai) reflects % damage back to attacker physical only

Elemental shield (fire/cold/lightning) think d&d fire shield or reflect but additional elemental damage.

Mana shield think diablo.

Magic mirror - reflects magic attack back to attacker.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I was messing around with tactics ogre and final fantasy tactics and thought it'd be cool for a EUO TACTICS game where we're piting our armies against the computer and other player. We're each on our own world map and there are but a scant few portals to the main battle plain hub. Sort of like heroes of might and magic.

Our own world map has an underworld and the center main hub world has overworld, underworld, and sky kingdom (where the high throne is).

No big story line just a massive army combat.
ZUPS!!!!
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

I got a suggestion to make monks even more OP :D

Monks (100% unarmed) have with nothing equipped 20 def and MR close to their STR/DEX (if equal) and with INT no less 1/4 of str.
Now is it possible to implement that when you wear unarmored gear 5(Gi(torso),Gi(legs), Cap, Gloves, Swamp boots?) only then you get this (hidden?) defense. I mean it would make more sense to wear Gi than robes. To offset this 'nerf' pls make it possible to get more benefits from battleweave, darkweave and goldweave.
Like if you wear full gold, you would get 22 def instead of the normal 20, for darkweave it would be 25, battleweave would be 30.
Because at the moment the only 'useful' gi with MR bonus are silk and gold. Silk gives even more MR while gold gives 1 NV.

To make it a little bit clearer on what I am trying to say:
Gi(torso) + 3 MR, Battleweave Gi(torso) + 3 MR and Darkweave Gi(torso) + 3 MR have the exact same stats and effects.
0 def and 60 MR. While it should be that Battleweave has to offer better protection than Darkweave than normal.
Silk Gi(torso) + 3 MR gives 0 def and 100 MR. Making it's the best MR resist ingame for low lvl char.
While Goldweave Gi(torso) + 3 MR also give 0 def and 60 MR it atleast has an added effect of 1 extra NV.
This will in turn make people only wear goldweave, because it's is the thing that is better than the rest while craftable. Only silk wilk will make people replace their gold. Not battleweave, nor darkweave... The only utility that those have if they are in glove form.

This whole idea is based on MR. Now the problem it will give is in case one goes for a full def build.
Say one has a full build (Head, Torso, Legs, Hands, Feet) Battleweave armour +3.
This means that to the additional 30 def one has. It will give an extra 22.5 (5 x 3 x 1,5) def. Making it a total of 52,5 def for a full set of battleweave as opposed to the 42.5 def the system currently has.
This is too much isn't it? Full build adamantium heavy armour +3 only gives a measly 45 def.
So def would be screwed. Imagine a lvl 39 Monk (100% sanctity ) with full build darkweave + 3. He would have 43,75 def and atleast 140 MR, add turtle aspect and you got a whopping 63,75 def and 260 MR.
Let's change the build to full darkweave + 3 MR + turtle aspect. We could have a lvl 27 monk with 45 def and 400 MR.
In my eyes, those 5 def could mean up to a reduction of 40% of damage (according to your code.)
Shift to full battleweave + 3 MR + turtle, then we have got ourselves a lvl 27 monkk with 50 def and 400 MR. As opposed to the current system of 40 def and 400 MR.
Those 10 def could reduce damage up to 50%. This is alot! It is basically having double HP.

So I propose to add those material modifiers to the hidden unarmed monk def bonus, but under some specific conditions, else it would be too OP.
Here is a list of possible conditions where you may can get a general idea from.
-Like gloves, ignore the material modifier if wearing weapons.
-Only add modifiers on full set.
-Make it only work while turtle aspect is not active.
-Add an item that enables the material modifier when worn in off-hand/main-hand
-Ignore modified added armor from the item itself. (eg. If battlweave cap + 3, gives 4.5 def, make it add only 3 def.)

Thanks for reading this.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

The ability to polypile wands would be cool, even if there wasn't any chance of getting a transfer wand as long as there was a chance to get deconstruction wands.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I've honestly not played end game monk so I really don't know how OP a pure monk is.

I'm not up to date on equipment either so I don't know if there is a ua shield to allow blocking or more damaging weapons. Gloves always seemed to be the baddest ass but maybe dual wielding trolls really shine now. Maybe someone in the player guide section can shed some new light.
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Make a hotkey to presets, would be really fun for NG.
Imagine yourself a warrior fighting against shadow warriors. Now suddenly a group of shadowpriests begins attacking you. You as an expert player just press one key to immediatly change into a crystal full set + 5 MR. When pressing another key you get back to your full Adamantium set +6. and have a go against shadows :D
Tink

Post by Tink »

Equipment Rune.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Rumper, I read the monks post and get that battleweave, darkweave mats that multiply defense are useless (because base def is 0) - and that is a good point. But I didn't really get the rest of it.
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Sorry about that rant, am a bit monk-crazed now.

Monks get automatically 20 def when they have reached 100 unarmed skill.
Now my idea is to have defensive mats (Battle, dark, ...) add to this bonus if you have a full set.
(My previous post was about why this shouldn't be done)

Sorry if I made it a bit convoluted!

P.S. I had an extra idea, and that is mithrilweave :D
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Oh, there's a big old dwarf player who thought of that weave for a long time.
Tink

Post by Tink »

Thane
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Started to wonder about chests and monsters... can you stack a mob on top of a chest? And if you can't perhaps stacked mobs would be different. I know many rely on the standard defensive tanking of a few mobs blocked by xx and yy but ghosts are ethereal and bugs are small and it makes me wonder if mobs stacked would that be OP or cheesy or game breaking. I do recall some bugs years ago with mob on top of player attacking which makes sense if something is overbearing you.

A quick combat throw would solve that if possible or side step.
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

About monks again :D,
Is it possible to add gloves spikes or glove blades that makes it possible to change damage type of gloves?
On how to use it kinda like shieldspikes :D but works on tinted too :D
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Equip a neko de?