Ideas thread 2015

Moderator: EUO Moderators

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: Ideas thread 2015

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I don't think everyone needs access to the utility spells since there are so many items (reusable and consumable) that do the same thing as the spell counterparts.
IGN: 1
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Tink wrote:Remove elemental spells from Mage, replace with new arcane(ish) style spells.

Shaman is born!
I'd like to add druids and shamans: the more classes the better
as long as it doesn't take as long as necromancer! :fp: though I have a loose druid design on paper (based off wow) and a lot of backend is done for them

I'll leave magery alone: thnx for talking me out of it

btw: I haven't patched it but now summons and pets and even party members (with a caveat) will give you kill credit as far as quests are concerned :o should have done that so many years ago
Mr.Crowley
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Mr.Crowley »

eggmceye wrote:
Tink wrote:Remove elemental spells from Mage, replace with new arcane(ish) style spells.

Shaman is born!
I'd like to add druids and shamans: the more classes the better
as long as it doesn't take as long as necromancer! :fp: though I have a loose druid design on paper (based off wow) and a lot of backend is done for them

I'll leave magery alone: thnx for talking me out of it

btw: I haven't patched it but now summons and pets and even party members (with a caveat) will give you kill credit as far as quests are concerned :o should have done that so many years ago
Allow me to give the same idea that I've been throwing out there for quite some time now.... Bards. :D The support class of bad ass
You will find the strength
To beat the Deamons and the Balrons
Conquer evil and slay the werewolves
Balance the peace in
Eggs ultima online....

-Ruki- His tribute song
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

here are some old ass bard mindmap thingy

can't find my notebook with druids in it: think it's at mum's house

druids would be all about polymorphing. Move VYR into druid and make it not suck. Also have other polymorphs:

rabbit->fast transport
crocodile->melee fighter
dragon->mage (spellcasting)
somethingelse->rogue

druid could be about being versatile and emulating other classes
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

modified list from 2014

* turn weekly pd into a proper multiplayer roguelike - more random maps, more random everything : yes still want this
* would like to finish the 'main quest line' (such as it is) : yes still want this
* quests should be used more for tutoring new players : yeh maybe. need to study new player metrics, which is kinda started. don't want to waste time on something that won't help
* having worked on EftV recently I plan on updating the UI again - can't say I'm thrilled thinking about UI ... not sure if bindy spell buttons are a great idea for euo, but would work for eftv
* be nice to make it all less grindy : I guess the different servers cater to different play styles. Reg should be renamed 'grindy mmo'
* finish couple more apoc new sos maps, tho kinda feel it's not the best euo time spent ... it's so high level

other projects
* Escape from the vault: post the current version on indie db, post on the reg roguelike newsgroups, blogs etc
* Crypt Wizard : this needs another burst of work + proper art
* keep chipping away at my libTcod tactics game : I have ported this to python and made some progress but presently feels stalled

maybe muscle wizards could be a class
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

Raise max + for MR to +7.

MR and DEF could really use work.
Possibly a league of legends like system where def/MR subtracts a % of damage/spell duration from AS/INT, if that makes any sense?
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Kracky »

Maybe making a kinda mage spellcaster/melee class but use INT based weapon skills. This might make the Druid class a bit more unique. Would work with a Arcane mage that doesn't throw off big elemental spells for damage, but uses a buffed with magic melee attack ? Been playing a bunch of EftV and realized for the "high" tech weapons INT used for the attack strength kinda makes sense.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I was wondering is the idea of a mix between no grind and standard characters would be of interest or overpowering. More than likely an old idea. Basically stats and leveling kept the same but class skills limited as per NG.

This gives room for customization of a myriad of options but maybe not completely OP.

You certainly would have less skills than a dual class considering class cap percentage. 400% human 300% non-human I believe.

Naturally stats are just like normal server (I think on NG they're equivalent to double)???

As to Druid: rat - rogue maybe
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I kinda wanna put the d-drop key back in
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

I second that. I never got used to the new drop system.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Eclips wrote:I second that. I never got used to the new drop system.
I third it. The only thing the new drop system has going for it is dropping multiple items at the same time.

Are NG characters still coming to regular?
IGN: 1
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

I don't mind the new drop system. Maybe leave it toggle-able in the in-game menu?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

That's what I love about the modern euo control panel interface.... Customization. /agree with Mackey
ZUPS!!!!
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Shadow horns are pretty rare, maybe when using mortar and pestule on shadow horn, get 5x shadow dust instead of 1x?

Also, took me this long to notice, but there's nothing on the paper dolls on the armoury for belts.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Wondering if vertial world map movement from say north pole to southpole will ever be reimplemented. Was thinking about making a map similar to how gauntlet worked in maps that just seemed to wind about forever. Makes nice mazes IMHO.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

that is how it used to be, remember? then I took it out
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

Keighn wrote:... reimplemented.
:whistle:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Chedich wrote: :whistle:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I started playing wasteland for fun then I noticed a few other odd games from EA "escape from hell" and "fountain of dreams"

I was noticing environmental issues such as radiation, hellfire, and mob karma. Made me wonder about having such in euo or Eftv. Acid rain, Geiger counters to detect radiation of various sorts; poison fog, meteor showers.

On the thought of fog and radiation closer proximity to the more dense or saturated areas inflict worse conditions on the explorer.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

I was noticing environmental issues such as radiation, hellfire, and mob karma. Made me wonder about having such in euo or Eftv. Acid rain, Geiger counters to detect radiation of various sorts; poison fog, meteor showers.
Yes and let's stack all of those with sunlight so I can spend even more time as a big bad pile of dust.