I once posted in TFIOOC!

Re: Ideas thread 2015

Post by dirtyking »

sounds like a nice weekend :)
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Kracky »

Apocalypse map could use a few mega-boss spawns like Crab and kraken. Suggestions :

Giant 2 headed cow named Rusty's revenge with charge special.

Giant scorpion king with poison that IGNORES protection, but can potion and bandage cure it.

Some kind of Void creature with necromancer spells.

Giant sandtrap with seize and maybe make it invisible until it attacks a player.

Glass creature of some kind.

"Master blaster" huge sniper with musket that does damage + random of bleed, stun, confuse, blind
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I've been thinking about seizing sand traps too for eftv.

Or make it a swamp creature. The corpser needs work like some sort of pocket map where you are hamstringed, blind, and considered cleaved taking automatic acid damage. Asphyxia is too much IMHO. Has to be killed before you pop up on map.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Kracky wrote:Apocalypse map could use a few mega-boss spawns like Crab and kraken. Suggestions :

Giant 2 headed cow named Rusty's revenge with charge special.

Giant scorpion king with poison that IGNORES protection, but can potion and bandage cure it.

Some kind of Void creature with necromancer spells.

Giant sandtrap with seize and maybe make it invisible until it attacks a player.

Glass creature of some kind.

"Master blaster" huge sniper with musket that does damage + random of bleed, stun, confuse, blind
Haha I like a lot of these ideas. What's funny is that some are already in the game. I'm pretty sure there is at least one mob that casts the necro skull spell CP and I know for a fact that some mobs cast soul transfer.

There are glass dragons in the game but there could be more for sure.
IGN: 1
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Tiles
# please remove background from "hole in the ground" tile and make dirt the default background
# maybe remove the remaining background from plant/flower/sapling items (Those do not fit the new tile style in my opinion)

GFXs
# I am still having the random under water map lying around. How about a dynamic distortion filter? Maybe this could be used as additional cartography maps (higher tire), but you would need some breathing device from some quest first.
# Particles for periodic weather effects:
- Rain/Snow/Sand for New Sosaria and Maeondir continent map
- Acid/Lava/Dust/Sand for Apoc Sosaria continent map.

LUA
# lua function to constantly draw lightning from point A to point B (I do not mean by using periodic heartbeat)
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Engine/GFXs
# spells with GFXs (ICE, VOG, etc.) are only drawn on screen if the origin of the GFX is within a 4 tile radius(?) around the player. Could this radius be extended without significant drawback for the performance? (Maybe +/-6 or 7 on the y and x scale).

Edit: not sure if the radius is different for night and day time. I made the measurement in a dungeon.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Don't forget fog, ground fog, clouds (I'm thinking that view from dark unknown), slippery ice, and waste deep (water, swamp, brush, sand, mud, etc)

Shallow wading water

And, as per say Times of lore, a forest magic effect where you are centered but totally obscured by trees. Most would be horrified at being attacked and not seeing themselves or mobs but I'm telling you this might inspire fear and panic into pro players. Certainly frustration but it'd be a rare usage.

Cloud world with clouds you can fall through. Sinkholes
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

2 handed ranged weapons have been slowed down to increase damage and increase rage generation. However short bows, long bows, and crossbows all feel way too slow now. Slings have a good speed to them that lets someone use them without much down time.

I propose two forms/stances/postures for ranged weapons.

+25% weapon speed / +25% damage received - like berserk stance, this will let someone fire arrows without as much downtime between shots.

+25% damage given / +25% damage received - a reverse tank stance, this will keep the weapons slow but reward kiting backwards instead of making it mandatory.

Last but not least, a sneak attack ability that is done automatically from stealth just like backstab, however I think x5 damage is more balanced than x10 damage for ranged.

Mages and Necros could get similar stances for casting even. Giving us more ways to play our characters would help mix things up and tackle different dungeons and monsters.
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

Every class should have an aoe option, like fan of knives for rogues. That might make mages a little less appealing.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Tink wrote:Every class should have an aoe option, like fan of knives for rogues. That might make mages a little less appealing.
Yeah I agree, I'd like to see this.

Monk could get that AOE damage from coming out of stone form, shooting shards of stone at surrounding enemies.

Rogue could get an AOE dagger throw at 90 ranged/shortswords that can use daggers in inventory, only non enchanted daggers work and maybe they drop every time?

Fighters could get an AOE enchanted adz throw (looks like a thrown axe that troll axe throwers get) at any weapon 90 skill. Or maybe an AOE shield bash at 90 block?

Priests could get more blessed mace specials. Maybe one that casts flame strike on every enemy on the screen at 90 blessed maces or a small AOE at 50 skill
Tink

Post by Tink »

Monks shouldn't have to wait to use their AOE, thats kind of annoying. They could get round house kick, and it could hit everything around them.

Also what if polearms could hit 2 tiles away? Maybe nix bloodbolt as a special because its not very good.
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Kracky »

The twitch feeds are a lot of fun to watch and listen to Egg. Honestly seeing you playing and working on things and chatting with the players adds a LOT to the overall feel of a game that is being played and worked on. Much appreciated.

Suggestion:

Make a few videos of you doing basic things like fixing bugs or working on the next update would be really nice to see. Would give us a better idea of upcoming things instead of just reading the news and not knowing possible WHY you made certain changes to game. A video could let you tell us why you did something other then having you do walls of text explaining why.

www.twitch.tv/eggmceye
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

That is very kind. I could do a 30 min 'egg's variety show' and upload it to YT with a bunch of crap such as I dunno, videos of ripley howling and sleeping on the keyboard, cleaning out the cat trays. etc
KoRnAGAIN

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

eggmceye wrote:That is very kind. I could do a 30 min 'egg's variety show' and upload it to YT with a bunch of crap such as I dunno, videos of ripley howling and sleeping on the keyboard, cleaning out the cat trays. etc

YES. PLEASE :ymca:

-Colt
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Cleaning the cat trays? I get enough of that with my own cats. Would I learn a new technique to grandmaster the skill?
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Kracky »

The DPS is nice but it's jumping around like Ripley on a keyboard. Needs a adjustable sampling rate.

add to Options:

DPS = 1 sec average
DPS = 10 sec average
DPS = 60 sec average
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh that was pretty much my problem with it
at the moment it dps from last 10 hits, so that could easily be adjusted in client.cfg
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Kracky »

A few random ideas.

blueprint (shadow prism) 9 crystal coins. When used would act as a NV + 3-5 source instead of light source (for rogues)

When you clear out all monsters in a treasure map or a phase map you get a bonus chest appearing near the end chest.

When polymorphed into a Dragon form , get a random color, and using special attack gives you the breath weapon of that dragon.

Weapons that do MANA damage instead of HP damage. Would be useful fighting very tough casters and bosses, really useful when in a team.
Tink

Post by Tink »

IJO?^
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

I think he means mana leaching weapons. They exist, you'll just never get to a point where a mob stops casting unfortunately.