Ideas thread 2014

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Re: Ideas thread 2014

Post by Turtle »

what if skull key raised locks skill just a little bit, similar to how magic magnifying glass raises item lore?
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Have a one time log-in msg telling people about new features after a patch - this is meant for those that do not read the forum regularly.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

LordMortiferus wrote:Have a one time log-in msg telling people about new features after a patch - this is meant for those that do not read the forum regularly.
This is a good idea, how would it handle someone who hasn't logged in for 3 years though? Just the most recent patch?
IGN: 1
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

1[WoWz] wrote:
LordMortiferus wrote:Have a one time log-in msg telling people about new features after a patch - this is meant for those that do not read the forum regularly.
This is a good idea, how would it handle someone who hasn't logged in for 3 years though? Just the most recent patch?
I would suggest a selection of the most recent gameplay changes, like controls, quests, addy-coin stuff. I probably would not include bugfixes, gfx updates, etc.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

the popup could have a button that says 'click here to see what's new' and it opens the 'misc updates' thread :fp:
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

eggmceye wrote:the popup could have a button that says 'click here to see what's new' and it opens the 'misc updates' thread :fp:
That would do =p

#additional maptiles with default undertiles:
Image1.png
Upper row would be default grass, lower default dirt.
I also vote for one of the columns to have pink background and the former floortile as default undertile.
Edit: added foothills and fixed the pink bg in the pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LordMortiferus on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

LordMortiferus wrote:#additional maptiles with default undertiles:.
Nice! Trying to make an apoc map with half of the themed tiles on grass is pretty limiting.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Would it be possible to implement something like split tiles for terrain? So you can have something like half hills and half grass.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Tome of Transcendence. 200 addy coin item that removes the level cap from one character.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

even for PD :D
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Bugbo wrote:Would it be possible to implement something like split tiles for terrain? So you can have something like half hills and half grass.
Funny you mention that. Turns outi have 95% of my euo stuff herein Oregon. Just missing a few things like finished lizard men. I was experimenting with half tiles and more. Somewhere in spired by water boarders and a few custom. I should get back to messing around with them. From simple testing they make neat maps. You should see the messed up diagonal roads and railways I was trying to make work. Didn't turn out as well as I liked.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

1[WoWz] wrote:
LordMortiferus wrote:#additional maptiles with default undertiles:.
Nice! Trying to make an apoc map with half of the themed tiles on grass is pretty limiting.
Or desert. I might pull the eftv tiles and put them with my euo collection. Been looking at others. Next time I hit a computer terminal there's some euo web pages I'm saving.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Onyxt wrote:Tome of Transcendence. 200 addy coin item that removes the level cap from one character.
I'd like to see this, it would be nice for sure.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

With all high level players stacking Magic Resistance, I think it's time to give monsters MR Cleave. :owned2:
Cirrus
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Cirrus »

Remove the "No weekly winner this week! Server not wiped." message from the armoury. Have it only state when the server is wiped.

I always feel a bit depressed to visit the armoury and see that half the messages just say that nothing happened.
"If my head were any harder, you could use it as a cannonball!" - Pazu from Castle in the Sky

"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." - Proverbs 17:28

"The first annual Procrastinators' Club member meeting has been postponed until further notice." - Rusty's old sig.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Cirrus wrote:Remove the "No weekly winner this week! Server not wiped." message from the armoury. Have it only state when the server is wiped.

I always feel a bit depressed to visit the armoury and see that half the messages just say that nothing happened.
I agree.

I got a huge request that I feel is long over-due. An in game map of New Sosaria, The Underworld, Maeondir, and soon to be Apoc. New Sosaria. The area could have landmarks that show up after you visit somewhere.

List of monster ideas
bear/dire bear, gnolls, chimeras, mind flayers/illlithid, gorgons, cockatrice, beholder
Gildur
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Gildur »

I always have alot of free space down by the right corner of my screen, could it be possible to fill this unused space with a list of who is online?

Or maybe this would muck up alot of peoples game if they are not using crazy large screen res. like me?
my God, it's full of stars...
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Didn't some make an auxbox for that?
ZUPS!!!!
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

i don't think so, but I like that idea. :D
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

I don't think there's any functions in the LUA API for that. However, nothing's to stop egg from adding one... ;)