Ideas thread 2014

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Ideas thread 2014

Post by eggmceye »

who's going to be first post?! me of course :aus:

Remember, keep it short and sweet if you want your idea to be taken seriously. :bs:
eggmceye
hello

Re: Ideas thread 2014

Post by eggmceye »

goals for 2014 (EUO specific)
* turn weekly pd into a proper multiplayer roguelike - more random maps, more random everything
* having worked on EftV recently I plan on updating the UI again - possibly adding GUI buttons for major actions (that you can hide of course). Also thinking about redoing the equip interface completely
* be nice to make it all less grindy but I don't think that can be gotten around, unless you just play weekly
* would like to finish my apoc new sosaria map set
* would like to finish the 'main quest line' (such as it is)
* revise quests again, scrap any crappy maps I went thru them all and really, bayside ruin for some reason is really the only one that irks me
* quests should be used more for tutoring new players
* finish necromancers

other projects
* tidy up Escape from the Vault using the new EUO client with lots of improvements and fixes - just keep it single player for time being and consider making it multi after that is complete
* keep hacking away at crypt wiz, and aim for a forums release ASAP
* make something in gamemaker (actual idea: make a game of life simulator in game maker)
* keep chipping away at my libTcod tactics game
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Because it is the new year Mine will be uh festive:
balloons you can even attack em and confetti explodes.
fireworks
shamrocks
colored rabbits
seedy bars
hookers
pet women
(sheesh I guess pet men too for the pimping male prostitutes)
pet angels
pet succubus

Roulette
Black Jack
slot machines
Pin the tassels on the stripper.

Good God almighty.....

Portal to Escape from the vault world
more programmed town attacks or events on a schedule. (god rusty loved some of that weird stuff back in the day).
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

no where in that entire list did i see anything about shift+F10, sir. I really think that needs to be added.

--as it's already been stated--
we're just gonna get a penny and jam the key anyway. why mess up our keyboards?

at least think about it, please. :heart:
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

I have some ideas regarding the interface:

1) The character creation screen could tell exactly what the race perks are, instead of "trolls have increased regen" it should say "troll have a passive regen of rate x" and so on. I'm not sure if I know the exact race perks, but this could be useful. (not just regen, it should say every perk for every race imo)

2) Maybe the stats interface screen could tell your total nightvision aswell. It's not that necessary, but I swap a lot of gear and sometimes I forgot to put everything back, so by seeing my mr/vigour/nv numbers I know if it's the right gear.

Other:

3) Buffs that stack / don't stack should be looked into. Feel great buff is the best, but if you have Ex Uus on, you'll be "feel great immune".
I'm pretty sure Scroll of Galvinising makes you "feel great immune" too, but it should be reworked:
If you have Scroll of Galvinising on and you get a Feel Great buff, the Feel Great buff should overlap Scroll of Galvinising buff, they shouldn't stack of course.
(very important) Feel great buff shouldn't make you "feel great immune"! If you have, say, +5 str left from Feel great, you have to either wait it or logout to refresh Feel great buff.

4) Scroll of protection/Sanct Jux should be re-buffable without certain amount of game ticks passed: If you cast it and then try again, it says no effect. Same for health scrolls / Uus Mani / Vas Uus mani. The only reason for limiting the cast might be priest training related and there is really no difference between having 900 seconds of protection left and 800 seconds of protection left. I just like to cast all my buffs at once (so I know I'm maxed).

5) I recall Scroll of Protection having +5 def, now it is exactly like Sanct Jux, the def buff is missing. Why? I'm not saying priests should have it. Just those scrolls, since getting inscription up can be a pain in the buttocks, atleast when living off the land.
There should definitely be a perk for having high inscription, I don't think Scroll of Galvinising does that, since better buff is Feel Great, so it's useless for me (other than making mythic items).

6) Making Scroll of Galvinising is definitely less epic than the other parts for mythic items. Here's my suggestion:
Keep Scroll of Galvinising as it is (probably because it's a cheap buff for just one blank scroll, but I don't use them, so I don't know exactly) and change the mythic recipe to require Ancient scrolls, Blessed scrolls, Mighty scrolls, Enchanted scrolls or whatever, you name it.
You'll need to have a magical quill or pen, which is made with enchanting. I can't exactly think other uses for that tool than this (maybe higher scrolls could require magical quill or it could give a x chance to make 2 scrolls instead of 1, or discover new spell scrolls).
Also, you'll need one of those blessed/mighty/ancient/enchanted/whatever scrolls, which are made by 1)polypiling OR 2)other crafting OR 3) you'll need to make/collect X amount (like 5-10 of each) every kind of scrolls, which can be found as drops or are made with inscription. Then you'll fuse the scrolls (with magical quill or something). Now you have one ancient/whatever scroll in your possession, which is a part of the mythic process (instead of Scroll of Galvinising).

7) Expanding crafting itself further, like I mentioned before (before as in = another long ass post of mine that goes nowhere), could some of those blueprints be rare drops? Maybe they could drop if you had 100 in that required skill and they could be soulbound.

8) For future crafting, those recipes could be discover only, meaning you can only get the "blueprint" (not really a blueprint, but you'll learn the recipe and it's never gone) by doing the skill.
IE:
Venomous dagger +5 made (x79)
New discovery! You have learned how to make Futuristic New Recipe +5!

9) I think everything should be transferrable with Wands of Transference, but with some risk. Also, making vamp/br etc weapons should be allowed with crafting and so on:
Higher tint or higher suffix (+slaying, leeching etc) = Higher chance of failing, types of possibly fails:
1) The wand+item(s) transferred might be destroyed
2) The item(s) might be morphed (ie. claymore changes to crook)
3) The tint(s) might be morphed/completely removed
4) The suffix(es) might be morphed/completely/removed. To throw some numbers (which are subject to change):
If you want to make an addy machete +9, the chance to succeed should be no more than 5-20%[b/].
If you want to make a crystal field plate +7 (or whatever the maximum is), the chance to succeed should be no more than 5-20%[b/].

I see a problem with people buying Greater Wands of Transference (and they shouldn't be buyable imo, that's not the subject), but that item morph/destruction wouldn't make it pay to win, assuming both wands had the same chances for succeeding.

Thanks.
Last edited by Luxorious on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:30 am, edited 11 times in total.
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

it would probably say +regeneration (though maybe it is less than a ring of regeneration which I don't know if it stacks with troll regen)
ParadoxOfChoice
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by ParadoxOfChoice »

1: Change the fountain SFX or delete it entirely. (PT! PT! PT! PT! PT! PT! PT! PT!)+(Good Headphones)=[Impending Suicide] :fp:
2: Make monster drop chests a different color or make them always drop items instead of chests. (PD :heart: )
3: Make a useful gold-sink item. PD has like... one player merchant (95% trade only), and I don't blame 'em, gold buys nothing.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You can actually change all those sounds by custom doing it yourself. Before I deleted all the shit on my hard drive I found a ton of sound effects to replace euo sounds. One I might have still due to emailing others was a water flowing effect. YOu won't want my waterfall though. Its like white noise but then again.. that's what huge waterfalls sound like.
nrmn8r
BBQ ABC <3

Post by nrmn8r »

Maybe a few new quests and a couple of new locations on sosoria and maybe some quests in maeondir as they're isn't much to do there in regards to the actual gameplay. Grinding is fun but once u get all ur stones an done all the quests that's all we seem to do.
AllBeefPatty
Hey I just posted on an internet forum!

Post by AllBeefPatty »

The 2x2 half orcs need to have their loot table adjusted. In epic mountain pass I have fought at least 5 2x2 half orcs to have them drop a baking dish or a red potion. Seems a little inconsistent when a boss goblin can drop a +4.
ParadoxOfChoice
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by ParadoxOfChoice »

-Make an improved scroll of uncurse-all, that removes curse from the million non-equipment items found from monsters/chests that end up always having 2 stacks in inventory. (probes,bandages,potions,torches,scrolls,tools,food,crafting stuff,etc.) It'd save a ton of inventory space if I could uncurse all of them in a reasonable way. Sell it for 10k gold or something.
Plzplzplzetc. :]
Last edited by ParadoxOfChoice on Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Sell minimap markers for addy coins. Let's you add a colored blip to the map to remember locations int he future.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Fifth type of foil, like all the other weapons
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

there aren't 5 types of UA or Range. (there is a 5th type of range, BUT not open to the public. I know you have one)
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

Maybe we could have javelins/throwing axes/franciscas as new throwing weapons, francisca could be a two handed fighter throwing weapon. I don't see a problem with fighters and rogues both having separate ranged skills.

Special attack for throwing weapons:
1) VOG with some variation
or
2) Your weapon splits, does increased damage to the main target and partial damage to 3x3 square (surrounding mobs),
some sorta splash damage.
or
3) You go to a frenzied/berserker state and you can attack attack 50% faster for 3-5 seconds.

Foils are kinda hard, since epee is a derivative of a rapier and sabre (alternative spelling saber) is modern also, although is there a problem mixing modern with history in EUO? Probably not.

Here's a new foil, although the name is horrible:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colichemarde
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flame-bladed_sword

Thanks,
Luxorious
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

ParadoxOfChoice wrote:-Make an improved scroll of uncurse-all, that removes curse from the million non-equipment items found from monsters/chests that end up always having 2 stacks in inventory. (probes,bandages,potions,torches,scrolls,tools,food,crafting stuff,etc.) It'd save a ton of inventory space if I could uncurse all of them in a reasonable way. Sell it for 10k gold or something.
Plzplzplzetc. :]
Correct me if I'm wrong, (I honestly don't know where I got them from...) But there is (I assume) a quest that rewards you with blessed uncurse all scrolls. I know I was doing all the quests on my new character and ended up with 5 of them. They do exactly what you're talking about, uncurse all items that are cursed, even if they haven't been identified as cursed yet. Only problem is that older players can't redo the quest for the reward anymore, and it isn't a craftable scroll (to my knowledge)

I think it would be a great idea to toss that into the inscription tree perhaps at a more advanced level. Would definitely be very useful.

Does anyone else notice the agonizing and somewhat astonishing frequency that you starve on a daily schedule? I ate and checked the clock and 10 minutes later (6 hours in EUO time) I was weak again. I can understand being hungry maybe twice a day, but humans only eat 3 times a day, many even skip breakfast.

Maybe change starvation frequency so it doesn't happen 3-4 times a day in EUO but maybe once a day? It takes 3 days for a human to starve. For game sake (3 days is a long time in EUO) maybe just make it once a day starvation and get hungry 12 hours after your last meal instead of 3-4 hours after your last meal (all times in game)
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

I've also noticed when you're trying to dye your avatars, it always only dyes the white/gray portion of the avatar. I understand that it's easier to dye the white part of the avatar, but below I've taken screenshots of some of the avatars that you either can't dye at all (only part that is dyed is 1 pixel on the belt or nothing is changed at all) and some that are useless to dye because of an undesired effect. There are several that are perfect (Just so happened the dye-able part was the part most people would want dyed) but majority of them, only the boots were dyed, or only the belt, there were some even that nothing was dyed (2 shown in the picture are the blue mage and the minotaur shaman) I used the blue dye on all so that it could be more easily seen (There's no point changing to red for the blue mage, nothing is dyed at all on him anyways I've already tried)
UndesiredEffects.png
Is there a way or program that can be written to paint certain parts of the avatar? Or would you have to go into each avatar individually and recolor it yourself? I also Attached a pic of what some of the avatars could look like changed (I wouldn't mind helping recolor avatars)
Recolored.png
Also notice the health bar decrease between the two different avatars above. I was standing in that building for half an hour tops between working on the Undesired Effects pic and the Recolored pic together, and I starved twice... in half an hour... two seperate times after eating... :abject:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Cutlass as last foil. Slower, but higher dmg
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

An idea to think about incorporating would be to add rearranging containers, just like bank inventories can be rearranged, maybe if you're standing within range of a container, you could just use the same command to rearrange bank, but it'd rearrange the container's inventory instead. Would make it easier for people with houses or clan leaders and their halls.

Also, I would love to have a button that would take out all of one item except 1. That way, if you have 860 ingots or something and you want to take them all out, but leave one (so it doesn't mess up your nicely arranged container) you can take them all out except 1.
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

Zilverlight, I totally agree with you about that starving.

I think it's unnecessary to have characters starve. I would like to see hunger removed (no, never died of it and not planning to macro over night) and foods used mainly for buffs / something else, but I'm not suggesting removing them.
It's a nice feature but a bit annoying aswell, so I think the time to get starved should be somewhat longer.

Does anybody else think minotaur stroganoff fills you too much? Usually when I rebuff it (+15% str) my character gets sick & bloated :knife:

Thanks again,
Luxorious