Ideas thread 2014

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Ideas thread 2014

Post by Keighn »

You guys should have played Dungeon Master in the old days. Food & Water & torch lighting. And there was another game with fatigue as well. Ah, the days of HARD games.
ParadoxOfChoice
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by ParadoxOfChoice »

Make even low end pets (taming skill wise) like mice/goblins/trolls etc, scale more (depending on taming skill perhaps?). I'd like for the end-game to consist of diverse pets and interesting choices outside of what color dragon you prefer. I really like the pet tomes system on that note, because the dragons aren't all the same, but it still feels like it'd be more interesting if someone had a good reason to have a pet bat or something, at least enough that they could justify having it even at 100 taming.

{minotaur pet gains 1hp per level} :bs:
Last edited by ParadoxOfChoice on Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

EmoMage wrote:there aren't 5 types of UA or Range. (there is a 5th type of range, BUT not open to the public. I know you have one)
Katar
Neko De
Brass knuckles
Gloves
Unarmed (bare hands)

And the fifth type of ranged isn't available YET
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

sorry, forgot just bare hands. and I thought musket was the 5th type? (but that one isn't available to all)
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
ParadoxOfChoice

Stat bonuses (str,dex,int) on artifacts more badass and slightly varied.

Rare weapons below artifact level that can have [tint]weapon(+X){+Y}, Y being a random stat bonus from <STR,DEX,INT,MR,NV>.

Ultra rare generated armor [tint]armour(+X){Enchantment} where enchantment is triggered upon taking damage. (%chance based on %HP lost)
~ Armour spells of support(minor heal, reveal, summon, invis, fortify, etc) or retaliation(lightning, greater lightning, earthquake, fireball, kill, etc).
~i.e. [Crystal] Field Plate (MR+5){IJO} , [Darkweave] Gi Torso (NV+4){SL} , [None] Platemail (Def+2){VS}
~Nearly every spell in the game can be used, even strange things like IL, AKX, SN, KHX, etc. it makes the great ones even more exciting to find!!
*Balance suggestion: only allow chest piece equipment to have enchantments, so that each character may have only 1 active, and don't have VM in the list ;)
Last edited by ParadoxOfChoice on Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ParadoxOfChoice

[s]earch a pile of items to cycle the order of them, for various reasons.
Caster pets should melee attack less.
Defense more useful at higher levels. (More 'epic' maps?)
Give Fire/Healing wards more HP, or 10HP but always take 1 dmg.
Make map-title above minimap have [N],[H],[E], for normal,heroic,epic,blood.
Remove the level cap entirely, even before reaching it the cap it is discouraging. The huge cap makes EUO incredible; shine even brighter.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

[Deleted]
Last edited by Zilverlight on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I agree that mythic is a bad way to make a crap craft worthwhile. I think all crafting stinks a bit tho some more than others. I find inscription the most useful. Smith has never been good. Tho with craft able mid level weapons it is better but you've probably found better stuff by the time you can make it.

Weapon Smith and Armor could be merged. Add some really high end stuff. Revise all the tints. ScrappIng it would be easier and I've got bigger fish to fry this year

Smith in wow seemed to progress well but it was pretty pointless too.

Put it into context tho: reg is about grinding. If you don't like that then play pd or ng where skil rates are so much higher. I'm actually going to rename reg to grind server. I might make pd or ng the default when a newbie connects.

Also posting when mad is bad idea.
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

In WoW (heavy experience from that game) blacksmithing used to be very useful prior to expansions, in the second expansion it was okay and after that you could get better gear from instances, but anyway...

I had an idea and this isn't about crafting, but it's a pretty good idea I think, and it's stolen from everyone's favourite, Path of Exile.
What if we could have cartography maps that take you to a special instance? It probably would be pain to write, but the idea is decent. The maps could have special abilities bound to them:
Map - Minotaur halls
-2x more bosses
-mobs are immune to poison, bleeding etc
-player loses constantly hp
-player loses 4 nv
-all mobs have XJ
-etc
That's just one example, what I'm saying is we could have "artifact" or "magical" maps, that take you to an instance and there are some special stuff, which are randomized. Higher instances / "abilities" would require 100 in cartography.
Maybe you could even get lucky and polypile "instance maps".

You could also use existing instanced maps. Let's say you have this following item:
Scroll of instance enhancing (LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON)
Read this in an instance to apply the following effects:
-mobs drop 2x gold
-2x hybrid mobs
-all mobs have vampyric attack

Thanks,
Luxorious
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

eggmceye wrote:Also posting when mad is bad idea.
That moment the next morning when you remember typing on forums the night before... and regret it... :fp:
Realized that several hours ago. Was actually logging on with hopes to delete before people saw, but figured it was too late :oops: .

I disagree on the whole grinding server though. Regular is more/less the standard. PD is hardcore mode with benefit to exp gain to compensate, and I tried NG, just doesn't suit me. The point I was trying to get across was that the entire game shouldn't be built solely around hunting, but should have a variety of things to do so that everyone can have fun, not just the grinders.

The Regular Server is already dubbed the standard server and the one everyone plays mainly. If you change the standard to PD, everyone will still play Reg, with the exception of new players that are joining, and in all honesty you may lose new players when they join and realize they're playing hardcore.

The smithing skills are a mainstay for all rpgs like this. As far as making them worthwhile to raise, you could create a bonus to weapons that are smithed using this skill. Make the ingredients for the bonus source piece from gear you find in dungeons (So it requires grinding which is what you would like to keep as the main part) like runes that are already in game and maybe others.

Taking the idea from GuildWars2, you craft the hilt of a weapon, then the blade or head of the weapon, then combine them with an insignia to add increased effects.

This could be done with the runes. Rune + Greater Yellow Potion (or something else) could make a Rune of Health for armour. When wearing this Armour of Health + 4 (or whatever + you can enchant it to) your health is raised. Could even make an equation such as 15 x + of armour or something so it gets better as the armour is enhanced. Same could be said with weapons. Rune + Essence of Fire = Rune of Burning with low % chance to deal dps of [flame damage], % chance increasing with + of weapon.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

--make an epic Neth
--keep the dragon tome seller at the end
--rename "KVX" to "VKVX" on the epic map
--let "VKVX" have a 600 second cooloff, 10% (or less) chance to summon a Hybrid Dragon, and a 5% or less to summon a 2x2, with a 1% of 5% to summon a 2x2 hybrid beast.
--on top of the 600 second cooloff, let the summoned dragon stay for 200 seconds.
eggmceye wrote:

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Never really understood why summons can't last until dead or based on int for lasting time.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

Keighn wrote:based on int for lasting time.

I LIKE IT!!!

Now, go on and make it happen. X-D
eggmceye wrote:

Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Artifact sigils
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Mackey wrote:Artifact sigils
They actually do exist already.

Edit: I was wrong.
Last edited by MoonGoat on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

show me one... all I know about are the CC sigils, which aren't artifacts.
eggmceye wrote:

MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Ah yeah... my bad. A moment of confusion there :oops:
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

awe, I wanted to see one. I thought you was serious. xD
eggmceye wrote:

Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Since all NG characters will always be level 1, show their current total stat points instead of their level on the armoury.
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

Death strike as Bloodbolt replacement , 4x damage and 4x AS , learned from Hagen personaly (Niebelungen) .