Ideas thread 2014

Moderator: EUO Moderators

LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Re: Ideas thread 2014

Post by LordMortiferus »

When using a bow while standing beside a lit brazier will enable you to shoot fire arrows with a little bit of extra damage.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh taht would be cool, even tf2 has that
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Orbs, runes, rods that drop have a chance to be magical like other shields.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Reading Identify and uncurse scrolls opens up your inventory to select the items (only shows cursed ones or unidentified items in the list so no mega scrolling).

Similar idea for disenchant wands. Use it and it opens up the list of the item you want to disenchant.
Perhaps similar for deconstruct as well (then you don't have to drop items all the time).
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Keighn wrote:Reading Identify and uncurse scrolls opens up your inventory to select the items (only shows cursed ones or unidentified items in the list so no mega scrolling).

Similar idea for disenchant wands. Use it and it opens up the list of the item you want to disenchant.
Perhaps similar for deconstruct as well (then you don't have to drop items all the time).
It can still be nice to identify on the ground when hunting in a party. But good ideas, both this one and the one above.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Was thinking on a post in different thread since some think that they couldn't get a quest item:

g + direction = old get 1 item on top
shift + g = get all items around you.
ctrl + g + direction = select items you want to grab from pile up to 10 selections
alt + g + direction = get all of items in that pile
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

eggmceye wrote:dunno about prosepine - sounds like something you put on an open wound
(hilight below)
Proserpine
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Proserpine may refer to:

Proserpine, Queensland, a town in Queensland, Australia
Proserpine / Whitsunday Coast Airport, an airport in the town of Prosperine, Queensland
Proserpine (Lully), an opera by Jean-Baptiste Lully
Proserpine (play), an 1820 play by Mary Shelley and Percy Bysshe Shelley
Proserpine (Rossetti painting), a painting by Dante Gabriel Rossetti (c.1868)
French frigate Proserpine (1785)
HMS Proserpine, any one of several ships of the Royal Navy
USS Proserpine (ARL-21), a United States Navy Achelous-class landing craft repair ship commissioned in 1945
Song of Proserpine, a poem by Percy Bysshe Shelley, published in 1839
The Garden of Proserpine, a poem by Algernon Charles Swinburne, published in 1866

Porcupine
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Porcupines are rodents with a coat of sharp spines...

Well, Proserpine makes sense since you (egg) are from Australia and/or live there if I'm not mistaken!

-Mobs that have boring boss names, such as Elder Shadow mages - how about variation (think D1 or D2) - like Barthos the Foul, Duke of Cruelty, Delos the Rapist... - Email me egg if you wanna hear more. Elder Rats could be The Gnawer, Pukerat, Quickshank etc.
-More hybrid possibilities. It can be expanded (think of shadow mages, golems..).
-Optional buff display (via F12 options) for minmaxers / hardcore gamers - such as feel great time, VUM time, ench cheese time.
-Scroll of Unlearn or NPC of unlearn or tome of unlearn for learning unnecessary spells. I sometimes mistakely read KXC, VYR drop tomes because my fingers are too fast. List of spells gets BIG! So, you read the thing, then it shows your list of spells and allows you to unlearn it - ofc. it won't allow you to unlearn spells that can't be learned and are always present on your characters, if such spells exist.
-Minotaur stroganoff feeds unnecessarily much - if you are buffed 24/7, you're bloated and weak most of the time - although it's okay, price of the best buffs, I quess.
-Dwarfs could smoke tobacco/herbs***. again email me for details
-artifact drop rates compared to their usability such be reconsidered - example. it's ALOT easier to find +9 weaps than any non tinted artifact weapon, which most of them are +7 with a bogus stat bonus - I'm not saying they should be better, but perhaps not as rare (I just value most of them for their rarity and mythic material, most of them don't see any use, except the top tier of course) - don't be like blizzard and make 500 uniques which 10 of them are considered useful :ymca: - tldr. rats can drop shitty artifacts since they are considered to be good (no way rat drops even +4 slaying and artifacts are usually +7) compared to usually rats' droppings (pun), but if you happen to get an artifact from a +9 slaying dropping mob, it's usually disapointment. - good fix (unless it already exists, which I doubt?) - give higher foes higher chance to drop tinted artifacts and more "better" artifacts than frenzy coifs... keep frenzy coif etc. on a separate drop table (use Ilvl for items and Mlvl if you don't already)

-Capes (not cloak or robes) that could be their own slot or wield in neck slot. email me for details again and if you need gfx or something, I'm not going to write a bible to these forums...

***Before somebody says: Not to promote bad life choices, but if you didn't know - ORIGINAL (self grown / from nature) tobacco plant IS a medicinal plant, quite different from everyone's favourite pack of 2000 different chemicals "tobacco".

My observations about weapon wielding mobs dropping too much weapon - Currently it is like Diablo 2 ie. they drop a lot of CRAP but you won't see adamantium or glass weapons that much - but if you clear river's end undead mobs at start on normal and epic like 5-10 times, you'll get one. Either leave it as it is, or make them drop less crap (non tinted) and don't change the odds for tinted stuff.
(I hate it when games with random loot have lots of "filler" crap - it's better to have no drops than junk raining, since the chances are the same - the crap drops are just an illusion to make the player value the better drops more)

Sorry for the bible, but it's hard to stay short when I try to give arguments on both sides.
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Heh, I wish the playerbase was much bigger I had an idea for a gag that would have been sort of like Raw Deal the movie or really any addictive drug. Tobacco would be cool with appropriate cigars, smoke coming out of thine mouth, a wool pancho, and uh 2 pistols... oh and a Mexican hat. Guess I'm thinking Good, Bad, & Ugly now.
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

Keighn wrote:Heh, I wish the playerbase was much bigger I had an idea for a gag that would have been sort of like Raw Deal the movie or really any addictive drug. Tobacco would be cool with appropriate cigars, smoke coming out of thine mouth, a wool pancho, and uh 2 pistols... oh and a Mexican hat. Guess I'm thinking Good, Bad, & Ugly now.
I was thinking that smoking could be an alternative way for bad breath or to calm your nerves against confusion.
Bad Breath is pretty useful, but it's so short...

Yeah, and we could make humidors with woodcrafting, cigar cutters with ingots + tinkering, humidors can be placed in your house, best cigar tobacco is grown and cured... uh, not!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

More likely they'd come chasing after you wanting to bum a cig from ya.
speed
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by speed »

Random topic-
shift - a to select artifacts
shift - p for projectiles?
shift - q for quest items?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Mention of whispering to others hopped up again.

For cross Server pms
/msg (server) person.
ie. /msg pd CuriousGeorge have a banana.
/msg reg Newt They're all over the place.
/msg ng RickyMartin You're so gay.
/msg alpha EmoMage where ya been.
/msg weekly FuriousFred don't you die now.

if you're on the same server the /msg [name] (message) should be fine.
ctrl t to respond back works as usual from whatever server you're messaged from.

Was thinking the same for /trade as well.
/t message
/t reg message
/t pd message
/t ng message
/t alpha message
/msg weekly message
/TRADE all channels.

Perhaps a /block commands as well or turning off the channels.
/t reg off/on
/t pd off/on

same with messaging
/msg pd off/on

You could utilze a number system if need be
1 = on
0 = off

/block pd 1 CuriousGeorge (blocks only that alt)
/block pd 0 CuriousGeorge (unblocks all the alts)
/block pd 2 curiousGeorge (blocks all the alts of that player)
ZUPS!!!!
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

All these years and flail / morning star share the same graphic (well, I can't remember exactly if they looked the same with the "old" tileset, which looked pretty nice), or did I drink a cursed potion?

somewhat different variations
resized to 32x32
They aren't hot, but I'll improve it, if EUO needs separate flail / morning star GFX. The "ball part" is too shiny and I could've used better colours, but I'm not gonna do the whole work if it's not needed. It has a wooden handle, but metal would be better. Black pixels to separate spikes from the ball is hard in 16x16.

Anyway, morning star needs a new GFX and somebody should draw it and I made that "morning star" for demonstration, do not use it, or you'll puke blood and I will set your computer on fire with black voodoo.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I had one for flail. Eggs Morningstar follows the ball and chain flail style not the true holy water sprinkler of old. Think Castlevania. Ball n chain is way cooler anyways.

The flail I made looked like a simple studded flail.
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

Keighn wrote:I had one for flail. Eggs Morningstar follows the ball and chain flail style not the true holy water sprinkler of old. Think Castlevania. Ball n chain is way cooler anyways.
The flail I made looked like a simple studded flail.
Yeah, but I think the problem (for me) is two weapons sharing the same GFX.
Also, I get the point, it's a "flail style morning star", but the problem persists - why not separate graphics? Do you need one (flail like) or is it fine as it is?

EDIT: I just remembered that broad sword, long sword and bastard sword share the same GFX, so nevermind.

PS. Silly me. Just realized those Hires tiles :fp:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Are you talking strictly for the drop or when equipped?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I thought I posted them. Let me look deeper. My imagination usually takes care of such things. I mean... think pencil and paper when all you had was the word: Morningstar or flail? Eh, must've never posted em. I'll check when I get in Oregon. Though, if I have not net what good will that do. Here's hoping there's something. I suppose I can always buy satellite. Be cheaper than Missouri rent.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I have a definite opinion on this ^.^

As a kid, playing u5, and I think it was due to the description in the manual, the morning star, which was my fav weapon until getting the magic axe, was a spiked ball on a chain, and that is how it is meant to be in EUO.

I remember my nerdy friend telling me that this was wrong, that a morning star was a spiked ball on a stick, ie no chain, and that a flail was the one with the chain. I've considered, in the back of my mind I suppose, the flail was the ADnD morning star. Since euo is a bit of a hybrid (using dndish combat rules and + enchants) I put both in.

If you want my opinion, the flail in euo would prob have 3 chains and 3 balls on a short stick, while a morning star is a medium stick+chain+spiked ball.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I've built a flail and a ball and spiked chain. Yeah.. make sure that handle is long on the flail. Ball and and Don't get it suck in the wall. HAHA. I made a cat o 5 tails too... using wood screws. Again... don't get hit.
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

Keighn, morning star and flail have the same graphic (GFX) when on ground, but like I said - nevermind, so does many weapons...
(same goes for those swords I mentioned - I'm speaking of "on ground" graphics)
---
To clarify: If I understood egg correctly, current morning star GFX should be flail gfx, and then the flail needs a new gfx (like the one egg mentioned). Offtopic, but I've heard from somewhat weapon historian, that flails were actually used for farming before warfare. To bash the ground/dig or something, preparing for the seeds. I'm not sure.
(I think the truth here is, that they are somewhat the same thing / just culture and/or history differences, minor differences like amount of balls etc. one man calls it flail, the other says it's a morning star)

Egg, can we have small (defensive) enchants for shields / orbs? I know I spam a lot, here I go again... Would it hurt to have, say, sanct, mani or some sorcery, like short AEP reflected to the attacker? Maybe just artifacts, but I don't think it would hurt to have them like weapon enchants. Not too op spells, though or too high proc rate (proc = programmed random occurance).

Some are my own terrible additions, most of them are by a guy whose name I can't remember - they're from a free GFX site. I used themself for one of my many abandoned projects...
I think you don't need these X-D - for the curious, it was from a game which is a mixture of football management and gladiator matches, meaning you go to 6vs6 turn based fights and you are the manager + control the fighters. The idea's father is finnish Seppo Suorsa, you might know his Gladiator Manager games.
My GFX are light/shiny/cartoony on purpose (that's how I roll), but could any of them be used, if I altered them? Speaking of my own creations of course - just demonstrating my style, which seems to bit somewhat 8 bit ish, shading wise.
Last edited by Luxorious on Fri May 23, 2014 7:04 am, edited 4 times in total.