Ideas thread 2014

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Ideas thread 2014

Post by Keighn »

Also, identifying items in a stack is annoying. Either put the id'd item at the bottom of the pile or using mag glass brings up a list of Non ID'd items in your inventory. Use mag glass.. list pops up that needs to be ID'd you're carrying then success or failure. Rinse and repeat until you succeed. Also, you can scroll up and down like in container to choose the item you want.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I think I agree that the get dir thing is not optimal.
Maybe it should work like this
g: get one (with direction)
shift g: get all (no direction, and swappable with g via options)
ctrl g: get with list (direction) and add in keighns mod to have Tab pick up all when in the list
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

eggmceye wrote:I think I agree that the get dir thing is not optimal.
Maybe it should work like this
g: get one (with direction)
shift g: get all (no direction, and swappable with g via options)
ctrl g: get with list (direction) and add in keighns mod to have Tab pick up all when in the list

This, I need this.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Sounds good. I was trying to ID a stack the other day to get some skill up and realized why people aren't thrilled completely.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

what was the old method for id a stack? use mag glass, pick up item, repeat? I can see how new stackget would make that annoying
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

I used to do like this: Drop stack of unids and then use mag glass on the pile -> SHIFT+F9, pick the identified one and the next one is identified.

Offtopic: If earthquake sfx disables music, you can "fix" it by removing quake.wav completely or just renaming it.
I probably mentioned it elsewhere: earthquake sfx disables music, and if you go to the options to enable it the game will crash.
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yeah that was old way (usually done when you just hunt and gather then go through stuff later to raise you ID score if trying to get to 100. Also, some are lazy. I'm not entirely sure if Identify all scrolls reveal cursed or not (I"m inclined to believe they don't thus the blessed id all scrolls are so AWESOME).
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

Keighn wrote:Yeah that was old way (usually done when you just hunt and gather then go through stuff later to raise you ID score if trying to get to 100. Also, some are lazy. I'm not entirely sure if Identify all scrolls reveal cursed or not (I"m inclined to believe they don't thus the blessed id all scrolls are so AWESOME).
I think identify all / identify scrolls do not reveal curses, blessed identify all scroll and sufficient (?) itemlore skill with magnifying glass should reveal curses. I don't know about magic magnifying glass.
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Depends on your item lore skill. Blessed uncurse all scrolls remove all curses even if not ID'd. I tried to make them but I just don't think you can.
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

They are only available as a quest reward.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

You can use the priest skill "Detect traps and curses" (Wis Jux) and then read a normal scroll of uncurse all for the same effect :)
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

such a good feature
syfr
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by syfr »

Pets gaining stats based on your level, 1 of each base stat per level, 1 hp/str/dex/int and is applied based on your tameing, ie 50 taming level 200 would give 100 to each stat. or something similar perhaps?
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

I've been considering a concept for a new UI to make EUO more newbie-friendly and streamlined. Here's a rough mockup I made today just to show base functionality.

The basic idea is the the auxbox is a new, context-sensitive graphical UI. This should make EUO more intuitive and visual. I've shown how it could be used to equip weapons and armor, but with some further thought, this system could work for crafting, for U(se), D(rink), etc. It could also allow for more data to be displayed (inventory, lists, etc) while still showing the HP/mana/rage bars in the top box.

Anyway, here goes. If the image doesn't fit on your screen, click to see it full-size.

The user pressed "w" to ready arms. Then, he clicked on the main hand weapon, which highlights that box on the paper doll. The user is then presented with the tile for his weapons, and their basic info. The user selects his weapon with a click, and can repeat the process for head, torso, boots, gloves, etc.

If this is unclear, stupid, or unwelcome, feel free to ignore or tell me to bugger off. Otherwise I am happy to expand the ideas or clarify any questions about them.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Not a bad idea Turtle. Would have to be optimized to work with different resolutions though since that changes the size of the aux box.
IGN: 1
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

nightmare to program!
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Do you think some sort of GUI is possible in a different form? If there are certain constraints I would be happy to try mocking up something else. Otherwise, I'll continue to play happily :)
Holdway
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Holdway »

House npc who crafts for you.

Requires double the ingredients and crafts 10 times slower.
Gains skill like a player and can't craft things out of his skill range.
He is linked to a chest and treats the chest as his inventory.
You instruct him to craft and he does it for you regardless of whether you are online.

Example.
"Hi" "Alchemy" "Mega Yellow Potion" - He crafts until out of materials.
"Hi" "Alchemy" "10 Mega Yellow Potions" - He crafts 10 Mega Yellows.
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

Holdway wrote:House npc who crafts for you.

Requires double the ingredients and crafts 10 times slower.
Gains skill like a player and can't craft things out of his skill range.
He is linked to a chest and treats the chest as his inventory.
You instruct him to craft and he does it for you regardless of whether you are online.

Example.
"Hi" "Alchemy" "Mega Yellow Potion" - He crafts until out of materials.
"Hi" "Alchemy" "10 Mega Yellow Potions" - He crafts 10 Mega Yellows.
Great idea... Wondering why double the ingredients and make the NPC 10 times slower? To make it fair and balanced, what about slower skill gain and increasing the chance of random failure with each attempt?
Alasdair
How do I attack?

Post by Alasdair »

My first observation is why have weapons being able to be enhanced, and armour not. I want to make mithril armour that has a +. I can dip my weapons in fountains and improve them, but not armour?! So if mithril could actually be an actual pro on the dwarf side of things, that would be great.

I had an idea where you can command your pets to go home. I have been on hunting parties and have been asked to put my pet away. I could just tell it to stay, but I don't want it dying wherever it is, like in an heroic or epic area. Some players don't have houses, so they would not have this capability, unless something is figured out for them. I will try to think of something.

It seems to me that MR is so accentuated that there is little point to have def in the game. Magic needs to be balanced with scrapping. I think that there should be some super brutes located in a place where magic and ranged support are absent, and one-on-one melee can take place. A place where magic is mostly irrelevant, that fighters actually become usefull. "Nothing like a good scrap". ;)
There should be good xp gained from them as well.