Ideas thread 2014

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: Ideas thread 2014

Post by Zilverlight »

Two other ideas: First, could another way to produce nightshade be introduced? As far as I've been able to figure out, you can only obtain nightshade in 3 ways, wait till new moon (very unreliable way of producing large quantities), looting chests (uncommon, and another unreliable way if you need a lot) or trade with other players (which doesn't seem to happen much anymore, i've asked over trade chat 3 times now and i never get any response)

Maybe make it purchasable by only one alchemist shop, or a way to grow it via farming?

Also, can I request foils in hand be switched from this:
Untitled1.png
to this:
Untitled.png
??? Just looks better imo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

EmoMage wrote:i say ban all bots... ...unless i can have one, then i think it's awesome and fair across the board.
I don't think it should be made accessible to everyone, there would be no one to talk to anymore.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

you can't detect bots, therefore you can't 'ban' them

what you can do is just foil them, eg fishing up sea serpents (that is 3x stronger than your pet)
ParadoxOfChoice
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by ParadoxOfChoice »

eggmceye wrote:
Zilverlight wrote:If your bot is accomplishing everything for you, where's the fun?
The fun is in writing the bot.

Writing them (for something like euo) requires brains, patience and actual experience playing the game, so be careful in your use of weak insults such as 'sick' (unless of course you mean it like 'fully sick' which I know you are not since you don't come from the western suburbs of sydney like I do).

I actually really admire the people who have made them - esp the guy that botted chest looting. It takes brains and creative thinking. you don't just google euo bot and install it and go to bed.

also sev hasn't used bots to gain levels (afaik), so you should fully retract that. He didn't even believe that old mate was botting chests.
Quoted for truth. Most people treat programming like some form of magic, but it usually takes much longer than casting a spell to create something useful. Sure in the end it's more time effective if Severian makes a bot in a week and uses it for a year (Time effective = cheating tho!), so long as it doesn't break the game or destroy the economy I'm not seeing any issue with it. The problem in other games is that the people botting generally aren't the creators; they didn't put in any intellectual investment into gaining that advantage, they just downloaded it from someone who did.
:lesson: To that note I'd say sharing bots should be restricted.

@Zilverlight
I can see where you're coming from Zilverlight, when you say that creating a bot is another way of not playing the game. Although I think your school analogy holds no weight (sorry), because the person studying for 8 hours (grinding) is better compared to a person that derived the test information from his own work (creating bot), and got the same score - not a person that asks for help. A person working in their own time to effectively invent a device to assist them in a task ~ is not equivalent to a person that begs for change on the sidewalk. This is not a euphemism, it's quite true.

I think somewhere in the mist there's a line to be drawn perhaps, or maybe not. I mean, this isn't exactly a competitive game even though some people make it out to be.
SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR »

eggmceye wrote:
Zilverlight wrote:If your bot is accomplishing everything for you, where's the fun?
The fun is in writing the bot.

Writing them (for something like euo) requires brains, patience and actual experience playing the game, so be careful in your use of weak insults such as 'sick' (unless of course you mean it like 'fully sick' which I know you are not since you don't come from the western suburbs of sydney like I do).

I actually really admire the people who have made them - esp the guy that botted chest looting. It takes brains and creative thinking. you don't just google euo bot and install it and go to bed.

also sev hasn't used bots to gain levels (afaik), so you should fully retract that. He didn't even believe that old mate was botting chests.
I am realy cofused right now.... I ALWAYS thougt that BOTING is forbidden, without any exeptions.....

but when i reading all these stuff i feel litte unsure... in other games all kind of 3rd party programs are prohibited and using them = BAN ...
Using a bot is unfair... its simply cheating, and in 90% of cases it ruins game economy, and gives unfair addvantage for players using them. I agree that EUO is a very specific game that require A LOT of time etc, but IMO using a bot should be FORBIDEN and it always should end with BANNING the user (no exeptions!!!).
Just wanted to express my feelings about bots and their user.... i DONT respec those kind of behaviors... and i dont care if somone admire them or not...
For me that person is a cheater and should be banned immediately. End of story
sry for my poor english

also what is this for?
http://euotopia.com/rules.htm
explain plz
"we are elite, you are not!!"
-goblin elite
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Too bad bots can't be detected. There could be a BOTTER flag or something put on their profile in the armoury.
Djanno :smoke:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I don't know what Severian does as work but it enables him to have ample time. That's a great thing. I think many people are envious or jealous that he cornered a market of buying/trading/selling and pure persistence in playing the game. Maybe he does this in a lot of games. He's also said he isn't a PVPer and I'm sure he gets chided insults on that. Hell, I've thought the worse of him due to buying/selling etc and lord knows I've had tantrums of this and that due to pure gaming envy via clan scoreboards, items obtained, etc.

EUO has a severely low playerbase. There are text adventure arena games that have more people (why I don't know they're boring as hell). Easier is probably better and I think the simplest route is magic artifact item. I might be wrong but you then have something different and you're not erasing the latest concept. Keep them both but make the rewards slightly different.

Honestly, I just kill mobs for maps. One of these days.. I'll buy that gamepad that looks like a fishrod that vibrates and I'll tune it to euo and do some real/cyber fishing while sitting back near napville. I do miss the . . . . . . . . . . . . . (reel it in) thing.

Hmmm thinking of that... perhaps a sweet spot in that for realing in a bigger or better catch.

Fish spawning spots should have varied results... maybe to keep this simple: black spot (bad fishing), regular spot, copper spot, silver spot, gold spot, divine spot (obviously each spot has better and better chances of fishing up something and usually better results). I suppose eventually euo would just become a fishing game (actually, after egg is done with crypt wizard app he can then make a fishing app.)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

And again... mini-games rule for diversion of the norm in a game. EUO needs more mini-games with some sort of return for the main part of the game. I'm seeing this in a lot of free PTP games (League of Angels is wearing thin now though... love the art T&A but the PTP is just turning me off.. soon they'll have marriage as well and I bet it will cost $$$ to do so.). Marriage giving better combat abilities more than likely.
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

Haha Sev bots.
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

A scavenger hunt 'basket' that keeps track of what items you need/have.

Edit: Better idea... /hilist or /lowlist to see what you need instead of going back to Nord...
Last edited by Djanno on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Djanno :smoke:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Keighn wrote: Marriage giving better combat abilities more than likely.
what a concept
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.
the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

allow crafting skill to be bought up to 90 or even 100, good gold sink ... yay/nay?
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

eggmceye wrote:allow crafting skill to be bought up to 90 or even 100, good gold sink ... yay/nay?
Yay; +1. I vote that it be allowed up to 100%.
ParadoxOfChoice
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by ParadoxOfChoice »

Yay. :P
I'm 100% for any and all gold sinks, and something permanent like that is probably best/most effective.

Some random others:
-Merchant that sells overpriced unidentified stuff
-Augment npc that sells long-lasting buffs similar to how food works
-Merchant that sells zombie-ass arrows for ranger types.
-Sell dungeon maps of various caliber, similar to treasure maps but scaled to epic mode. (use map to open portal?)
-Perma-buff tomes like in my other post, but also add AS/Vig/STR/DEX/INT just make it ultra expensive.
There's probably more, you other guys should chip in. (especially you few that lecture me on how worthless gold is... you know who you are!)

I think the tomes can be effective because even a level 450 with max skills would be selling their stash for gold at that point.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

SiNeR wrote: also what is this for?
explain plz
I think your personal outrage has tipped the balance
also
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3105&p=84706#p84706
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

if there is any interface thing or any feature that sux so bad it needs a bot lmk, I'll fix it
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.
the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
You should consider making a movie X-D
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

I like the idea of a gold sink, especially for certain skills. Buying it all the way to 100 seems a bit much though, 80-90 sounds good to me.

IMO we need a new fishing system, the new version seems to generally be disliked by all.

Make tinted arrows (Poison/barbed arrows, ice/fire arrows, diseased arrows, maybe even a light arrow [extra dmg to shadow mobs] )
(Or maybe solely arrows based on tints (oak arrows, ebony arrows, any wood you could craft)
This isn't too overpowered seeing as monks have stances anyways, and it'd be a cool gimmick to get more Rogues to use ranged.

Make more stances for other classes (Tank and beserker stances [or some equivalent] for Rogues and Mages )
(Monks and Fighters already have some sort of stance, and Priests are already tough enough. Mages and Rogues even at high levels are very delicate)
***The tinted arrows would likely be sufficient for rogues. Maybe a new type of weapon for mages? Wands of attack/Def [More mana cost per spell, more Def /DMG]

If none of this gets added, can we please talk about making poison a bit more useful? We had so many new types of mobs added into the game over the past few years, and I'm guessing weapon tints (especially venny) hasn't been scaled so they are still as effective.
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

CinisterD wrote:diseased arrows
A diseased tint sounds pretty OP for pvp, considering it like instantly halves someones hp.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!