Ideas thread 2013

Moderator: EUO Moderators

ritari
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Re: Ideas thread 2013

Post by ritari »

Now when there is more rideable pets coming. Maybe we can get rideable wolf..
1 + 1 = 2
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

What is with all those wolves at the table? My lord all that fur in your food.
CrazyMage
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by CrazyMage »

As a mage, i like to sometimes play as a fighter so i go warewolf from time to time, today i really put some time into it and i die finding myself caught in kings kurnigsburg. Which wouldnt be a big idea but it was a 12 min cd, so i waited. Upon dieing again i noticed the cooldown this time was 3500 seconds. Just curious if you'll make it possible for me to be able to use my ww form more frequently
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

ritari wrote:Now when there is more rideable pets coming. Maybe we can get rideable wolf..
If you were a wolf would you let somebody ride you?
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

It'd be nice if there were new graphics for the pocket knife, butcher's knife, and tinker's tools. To help improve that likelihood here are some graphics from the TILES & AVATARS thread. If you want to see 32X32 versions visit the page at:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2534&start=540
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

That butcher knife doesn't look psycho enough and I have a better tinker toolkit and golem repair kit gfx. That looks like one of the originals that was developed but wasn't finished.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

More harvestable body parts from graves: (all nonmagical)
Brains
Hearts
Eyes
spleens
Ears
bones
teeth
rotten flesh

Ability to create blood/fluid extractors:
Use Extractor on corpse to get Tainted Blood (turns corpse into bones+skull+rotten flesh)

Thinking of new mobs to create:
Bone Golem ---> Skeletal Golem ----> Bone Collossus
Corpse Golem ---> Zombie Golem ---> Corpse Collossus
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Keighn wrote:That butcher knife doesn't look psycho enough
Well, if it was crusted with blood or bits of flesh you probably wouldn't want to eat any meat that you cut with it..
Keighn wrote: and I have a better tinker toolkit and golem repair kit gfx.
Have you posted them to the TILES & AVATARS thread? I think I just grabbed the latest ones I saw.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

the feature that the shadow creatures have in Deja Vu where the are completely hidden from view and come out of hiding and attack when felt threaten............

...can that be a buyable Pet Tome? The pet stays hidden unless I get attacked (if he's in 'guard' mode) or if he feels like hunting (in 'follow' mode).

maybe not really a tome, but a 'hide" feature added to pets?

hide
follow
guard
heel
wander
stay
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Bugbo wrote:
Keighn wrote:That butcher knife doesn't look psycho enough
Well, if it was crusted with blood or bits of flesh you probably wouldn't want to eat any meat that you cut with it..
Keighn wrote: and I have a better tinker toolkit and golem repair kit gfx.
Have you posted them to the TILES & AVATARS thread? I think I just grabbed the latest ones I saw.
This Bug's for you!

The king of of slow grinding is coming tooo... this bug's for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...........
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Would it be possible to highlight the active members on the clan lists?
Djanno :smoke:
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

Djanno wrote:Would it be possible to highlight the active members on the clan lists?
+1

This is seriously overdue, somehow, some way, we need to be able to distinguish active members from non active.

This has been my biggest beef with clans for some time now.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

probably easy to do on armoury, and not something I've thought of myself
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Something you may want to consider doing if not done already is reusing the unarmed player monster avatars for there normal monster counterparts. This would allow those monsters to have viewable weapons and then free up the spaces used by the old weapon wielding avatars. (I Think I've seen zombies with weapons, but are there are any other sub/non humanoid monsters though that use them?)
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

Reg scoreboard for lotl players only.
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Bugbo wrote:Something you may want to consider doing if not done already is reusing the unarmed player monster avatars for there normal monster counterparts. This would allow those monsters to have viewable weapons and then free up the spaces used by the old weapon wielding avatars. (I Think I've seen zombies with weapons, but are there are any other sub/non humanoid monsters though that use them?)
yeh that's a good idea
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

page 16 replies:
Eclips wrote:Taming skill should go up for "raising" (Leveling) the pet.
Scaling Monk aspect's damage on INT would mitigate some of the damage loss from putting stats into INT, and also allow for more powerful spells/manapool.
yeh, but by how much?
monks have it too good alreay surely
Keighn wrote: I had the soulbind transfer and it seems like either a cheese or a bug or both. (was posted in bugs).
I should get onto this already ...
Djanno wrote:Pipes and Tobacco! Use for temporary vigour bonus.
cute, or other bonuses maybe
archlinux wrote:Player-written books, a book store and functional bookcases.
this sort of stuff is great but a nightmare to code up - I hate interfaces, tho could be more easily achieved thru armoury - or simply save your stories for any future 'book writing comp'
Heniek wrote:Training dummy tile for player houses. Hitting it allows you to train any weapon skill lets say, like to 70? Avaible for addy coins.
oldie but goodie
Keighn wrote:Maybe make a better distinction between darkhide and studded leather armours. They're identical atm. Since studded is full of pointy studs why not have it function similar to how silver works vs undead returning a minute amount of dmg back to mobs.
yeh it's best when everything is different, albeit slightly
SiNeR wrote:also what about letting half-trolls monks use 2x gloves as weapons (now if you are monk and use atk gloves you loose 1 item slot comparing to other classes and other monk weapons)
interface nightmare - and every race has to have some sort of disadvantage. also trolls don't have 4 hands and wearing gloves ontop of gloves is just naff ;-)
Holdway wrote:Coin Trader
though there is down trading coins (ie addy->xtal->glass) I'm reluctant to have it go the other way.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

For taming skill: I'd say getting a pet to level 25, should get you enough skill that taming that monster would no longer give you skill. (Like if Rabbits take 0 skill to tame, and you can get a max of 15% skill taming rabbits, getting one rabbit to level 25 should get you to 15%) You can even make it scale to pet happiness, less happy pets give less experience per level.

My monk aspect suggestion was actually a response to a response of yours about my original idea. The idea was posted after you tried to make dual class options more viable. I suggested that at 100 int (or whatever the avg is for monks) , damage per aspect cast remains the same, but goes up the more INT you have after that. This way, Monk/Mage dual classes are more viable, as you mitigate some of the DPS loss from splitting your stats so much.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Has anyone ever mentioned dragon eggs for sale? (Addy coins)
Or making them drop from 2x2 dragons super rare :)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Eclips wrote:For taming skill: I'd say getting a pet to level 25, should get you enough skill that taming that monster would no longer give you skill. (Like if Rabbits take 0 skill to tame, and you can get a max of 15% skill taming rabbits, getting one rabbit to level 25 should get you to 15%) You can even make it scale to pet happiness, less happy pets give less experience per level.
I'm not following this at all. I read and reread and keep scratching my head.

According to my charts you can try taming rabbits up to 21% before getting no more % trying to tame fresh bunnies. There might be a small addendum I should add but have not confirmed....

*Your tamed pet gives you a small % to taming skill when you feed it?* I'm gong to have to really check this but I swear I've had my taming go up and it was above maximum for that pet (usually on a cow I kept for milking).