Ideas thread 2013

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Ideas thread 2013

Post by Keighn »

Eclips wrote:My monk aspect suggestion was actually a response to a response of yours about my original idea. The idea was posted after you tried to make dual class options more viable. I suggested that at 100 int (or whatever the avg is for monks) , damage per aspect cast remains the same, but goes up the more INT you have after that. This way, Monk/Mage dual classes are more viable, as you mitigate some of the DPS loss from splitting your stats so much.
Something you guys might want to try on reg or other servers... SJ and I had been keeping it under wraps for a bit and it might be already well known but swing a staff around with an enchant. The enchanted damage triggered from that is quite substantial from other weapons.

I don't know why but its pretty cool. While it doesn't do much of anything via your int it is affected by your +AS gear. Maybe, enchants for all weapons and aspects could be affected this way intstead of by int. Even a solid +9AS seg(sigils/jewelry) doesn't make the damage too OP as it might with Int.

Seriously, test out staff enchant damage with and without AS gear. (not sure if orbs of power affect it or AS orbs.
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

After playing a Mage in Pvp for the first time, I believe AEP is a bit oberpowered. If you alternate AEP and XC, you really can't lose (your blue pots outweigh your opponent's yellow pots seeing as they're paralyzed).

Maybe give Pvp AEP a fail chance like sleep wind?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

That was only featherweight division. AEP later on is kind of useless pvp due to the fumble. Most at that stage use IZH and XC. I dunno... maybe if you battle every combination using that tactic of aep, XC you'd have a good idea. (then again maybe you have already).
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

AEP actually have fail chance, it all depends on casters int vs target mr. I don't know if this has changed, but back in days when I was into pvp, I always considered XJ being better pvp spell than AEP, due to AEP high fail chance.

But maybe it has changed lately, don't know. I was using XJ during tourney fights, it was working well, mainly due to lack of mr gear of my opponents and them not using other way to prevent it.
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Still want spell deflection devices. Anyways...

levers with preset text that can be edited (you pulled the lever)
pressure plates with preset text that can be edited (you stepped on a pressure plate)
archlinux
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by archlinux »

Infrastructure for LOTL (or otherwise) players to dispose of unwanted cellar keys and tickets.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

can't you drop it in the rubbish bin? never tried with quest item like that.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Make white stones teleport you instantly to Maeondir instead of making a portal.
2 reasons:
- It removes your town portal.
- It can't be used in houses or in tight spaces.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I noticed a black portal thingie.. maybe white stone makes a tinted white portal that doesn't take your tp away.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Traps for rogues to set that paralyze mobs for a short period of time
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Trap setting period esp ones like in diablo II. Suck on that cone of fire, cone of acid, cone of ice.. chain lightning buddy boy.... SUCK IT DOWN!!!
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

MoonGoat wrote:Make white stones teleport you instantly to Maeondir instead of making a portal.
2 reasons:
How will a noob get back from Maeondir without a tp then?
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Turtle wrote:
MoonGoat wrote:Make white stones teleport you instantly to Maeondir instead of making a portal.
2 reasons:
As Mackey suggested in another thread; Let the stone bring you back to New Sosaria if you are in Maeondir.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

MoonGoat wrote:
Turtle wrote:
As Mackey suggested in another thread; Let the stone bring you back to New Sosaria if you are in Maeondir.
Maybe he's implying that the noob didn't actually have the stone and just used somebody else's portal?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

There's a way back from Maeondir but I'm not telling.
Last edited by Keighn on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Keighn wrote:There's a way back from Maeondir but I'm not telling.
Yeah if you can get there. Need a raft/flying mount/etc
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Bugbo wrote:
MoonGoat wrote:
Turtle wrote:
Maybe he's implying that the noob didn't actually have the stone and just used somebody else's portal?
Someone can still go there and make you a tp? Or use Keighns super secret way back ;)
―Cave Johnson
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yeah its like Superman + Invisible man all rolled into one.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

I've been writing down my ideas in a notebook for some time now when not at my computer:

- The update that's stacking same messages together is really nice. But how about making double messages into one message so they stack too? (like deconstruction: "Deconstruction successful" and "<item> added to your inventory")

- Confuse should make mobs fumble spells and attacks. It would be nice for thunderclap vs a single enemy.

- Priest spell: Chain heal (like VOG for friends) or maybe some kind of AoE heal that heals all party members, pets and summons 3 squares around the caster.

- Keep str/dex-ratio from "Feel great".

- Control improvements:
* Possibility to use binded keys when moving. (Take a yellow potion while running away from danger for example)
* Noobs generally like the directional buttons better than the num-pad. Pressing 2 buttons to walk diagonally would be awesome.
* Shift + f10 for spell training. People, me too, are just putting something on the f10-button anyway. I'd like to use my computer for something else while doing that tho, like i can when crafting.
―Cave Johnson
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

MoonGoat wrote: * Shift + f10 for spell training. People, me too, are just putting something on the f10-button anyway. I'd like to use my computer for something else while doing that tho, like i can when crafting.
if nothing else, a-fucking-man to that one. 110% agree.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass