MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Re: Ideas thread 2013

Post by MoonGoat »

Aerie wrote:
Severian wrote: AoE type of character
what does that mean? just wondering
AoE = Area of effect

Meaning that the effect is affecting an area instead of a single target.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
brentoboy
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by brentoboy »

I agree on IMJ being at least a distance spell.

I actually switch to my fighter in order to harvest soul shards because as a mage I don't even let things get close enough to tag anyway. Trapping before killing is too much like "work" for a mage.

However, I also think it would be cool to have a new weapon tint that auto traps souls without needing the spell or scroll (but still needs a shard)
PD: Duncan
Reg: Zen / Natasha
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

isn't there an arty for that?
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

How about a mage spell that does cold damage? (Is the spell ice dragons use available in a tome?)
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

the arty is soulstealer, but it's not range either. it's a longsword
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh tho he asked for a weapon that soultrapped and I didn't see him mention ranged/aoe
brentoboy
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by brentoboy »

yeah, there is an arty for it. which is pretty much exactly what I'm talking about, except I'd like to see it as a standard tint, so that other classes might use it, not just fighter.

the tint could have other effects to balance it out, like make it a little slower, or make it do a little less damage, or something like that.

speaking of tints, this goes along with Bugbo's idea. How about tints that convert weapon damage to magic damage. they don't even need to hit for more, but they could do 50% of their damage from lightning, fire, ice, damage.
PD: Duncan
Reg: Zen / Natasha
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I can't help but think the playerbase is getting lazy. Ah well. Back in the old days...................(rambles on)
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Some of the skill gain from stealth should be shifted from Successfully going into hiding, to walking when in stealth. I think this will make leveling stealth a little easier at earlier levels, and shift that time to later levels. Currently getting to 50ish takes a lot more time than everything after that due to the time it takes to successfully hide at earlier levels.

Also, a message saying that you can't hide because someone sees you might be helpful.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I was under the impression you could gain skill by just walking stealthed. Myabe things have changed.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

You can, but you gain a lot more by running in and out of hiding.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Now that the game has cooking we need pigs so we can make bacon!

MMMMM .... bacon. Sweet, delicious, bacon....
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

How many chicken recips are there?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Object interaction: (probably on a list but I'll post anyways):
Still need Pushing/pulling of objects:
boxes
Barrels
Mirrors
Chairs
Small Tables
braziers
bellows
Crystal Balls
Potted Plants
Kegs
box
Clock
Alchemy Bench

Moving items so they could be placed on presure plates to solve puzzles is the only reason I mention this. I love the maps that have to have various items dropped via the lua coding (I couldn't find a lua book in the bookstores... suckage).

I think Akyla or Catherine or someone mentioned that perhaps the items that were in map tiles should be made into items or perhaps a new tile type for furniture. This way in maped you could stack for decor:
Map tiles (floor)
Furniture Tile (table)
Item Tile (Candlestick)
Long Bookcase: random book, blank scroll, fortune cookie (or just a fortune), spell scroll (normal or cursed), quill, knickknack of some sort
Small Bookcase: same as above and maybe random potion or tool since it kind of looks like a utilty bookcase
Box - any random piece of rubbish maybe even gold
Pot plant - skull key, lockpick, probe, rocks, some reagent of some sort.

Searching Furniture: Probably only once until respawn set in or 1 time per day. It should be low level stuff and not overly important. I'll make a small list perhaps.
Alchemy Bench - random potion, bottle, flask, reagent, alembic, sieve, etc.
Barrel - perhaps a flask, bucket, bottle, broken glass, rock, nail, w/e, water, SPIDER, RAT, INSECTS
Using a Cask might give alcohol if a bottle is used or maybe a random potion (1-10 uses before it has to respawn)
Bed - tooth, bones, coule gold coins, any nonmagic clothing, boots under the bed, spider silk, SPIDER, insects
Rubbish Bin - Completely random junk item perhaps 1-10 searches per day (makes me think of Arcanum of steamworks Magic Obscura), RATS, INSECTS, SPIDER, SNAKE, EVIL HOBO
bones/skeletons - bones, skull, random equipment
Corpse - corpse, random equipment

Climbing:
Over fences
Onto Tables

Swimming:
Underwater Adventures:

Oh I'm sure there's other things..

Sea weed pictures
Underwater filter
Twinkling stars (customizable for tinting in weird dimensions)
Moving Clouds
Cloud landscapes.

yeah, I'd like to see Underwater adventures, Cloud adventures, and weird dimensional shiz... and of course new tiles for volcanic, shrooms underworld, ICE world, and jungle
Baou
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Baou »

Allow dodge when using Orbs/Rods/Runes as it is right now only know for sure with orbs haven't tried the others, you lose both block and dodge. As I don't see blocking with a orb/rod/rune that logical dodging I see nothing wrong with.
Cirrus
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Cirrus »

The ability to enchant skulls and to use them as offhand weapons (like orbs) would be cool.
"If my head were any harder, you could use it as a cannonball!" - Pazu from Castle in the Sky

"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." - Proverbs 17:28

"The first annual Procrastinators' Club member meeting has been postponed until further notice." - Rusty's old sig.
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

Perchaps, Fire dragons. Can drop corpses as well. BUT WAIT THERES MORE! Instead of meat. Get 2-3 glowing embers off them. Now this will be very rare. The corpse dropping. Will of course be rare as to not be spammed. But of the normal dragon variant, (Minus shadow and blood obviously) Fire is the only one that doesn't drop a corpse. So figured this is a decent idear.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Flamesoffire wrote:Perchaps, Fire dragons. Can drop corpses as well. BUT WAIT THERES MORE! Instead of meat. Get 2-3 glowing embers off them. Now this will be very rare. The corpse dropping. Will of course be rare as to not be spammed. But of the normal dragon variant, (Minus shadow and blood obviously) Fire is the only one that doesn't drop a corpse. So figured this is a decent idear.
You forgot about Zombie and Skeletal dragons. But I agree that more monsters should drop corpses.
IGN: 1
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I kind of wish the corpses looked different than the bones on the ground in dungeons. I guess the alt key comes in handy here for that. Perhaps some more blood on the bones or something would work.