Ideas thread 2012

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Post by Aerie »

queen don't count. she's a supuhh thug. i'm talking, regular creatures, not the all-the-time bosses.
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol

Post by ibrowniedefender »

Aerie wrote:queen don't count. she's a supuhh thug. i'm talking, regular creatures, not the all-the-time bosses.
a while ago a group i was in found a +9 item from a blood wyrven, technically it was from a chest, but still.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Concerning treasure hunting it would be nice if there was a quick way to find the chest when you dig a hole leading to the cavern. Maybe searching inside the cave can you give you message "You sense treasure to the North!" or something? Having to look all over the place when your hole leads to a giant cave is rather annoying.
Devlin
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Devlin »

Bugbo wrote:Concerning treasure hunting it would be nice if there was a quick way to find the chest when you dig a hole leading to the cavern. Maybe searching inside the cave can you give you message "You sense treasure to the North!" or something? Having to look all over the place when your hole leads to a giant cave is rather annoying.
Defeats the point of "treasure hunting" if the game pretty much leads you to the loot. I like the idea of looking for the loot, more fun that way :)
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

Devlin wrote:
Bugbo wrote:Concerning treasure hunting it would be nice if there was a quick way to find the chest when you dig a hole leading to the cavern. Maybe searching inside the cave can you give you message "You sense treasure to the North!" or something? Having to look all over the place when your hole leads to a giant cave is rather annoying.
Defeats the point of "treasure hunting" if the game pretty much leads you to the loot. I like the idea of looking for the loot, more fun that way :)
Agreed. If the treasure was easy to find it wouldn't be called treasure. It'd be "Oh look, somebody dropped their stuff right here." ;)
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Make poison same for monsters and players.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

MoonGoat wrote:Make poison same for monsters and players.
Seconded!
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

It used to be that way. Till people abused it.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

How?
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Devlin
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Devlin »

MoonGoat wrote:How?
IIRC, you take about 25% max HP damage from poison every 5 seconds or so, you could fuck up monsters really quick if poison worked the same both ways.

(note: I don't get poisoned often enough to be 100% sure, but I believe my info is fairly accurate)
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Still think it should be the same :P
―Cave Johnson
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

1. Poison Blood Queen
2. Wait
3. ???
4. Profit
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Onyxt wrote:
1. Poison Blood Queen
2. Wait
3. ???
4. Profit
Yeah, the weak poison should be the one to keep ofcourse. Or maybe something between, that poison deals damage depending on the level of the snake/dragon/seahorse instead of some percent.
―Cave Johnson
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

MoonGoat wrote:
Onyxt wrote:
1. Poison Blood Queen
2. Wait
3. ???
4. Profit
Yeah, the weak poison should be the one to keep ofcourse. Or maybe something between, that poison deals damage depending on the level of the snake/dragon/seahorse instead of some percent.
of course, but I was just saying how it was overpowered before. It was long before blood mobs even came in though, so it wasnt abused on the Queen, but it was done on Shadow Lords.
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

How about player achievements? :3

Like a log of the special things each player has achieved ...
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

League of Legends/Heroes of Newarth PvP map:
[If you've ever played either, skip all this crap and just imagine playing either game with EUO characters]

Everyone starts out at lvl 1 (they retain all of their skills) without any gear or items.
(Maybe you can't enter this map unless you're completely naked and have 0 load?)
As you play, goblins/gremlins/whatever small monsters start spawning from your "base" and meet the other team's in battle; you gain xp/gold/items/gear from killing the other team's "minions" and killing the other team's players, advancing to destroy turrets, and, ultimately, the other teams base.

1 1 1 2 2 2
0 1 1 1 2 2 2 3
1 1 1 2 2 2

0 = Blue teams respawn/healing/shopping point
1 = Blue teams "turrets"
2 = red teams "turrets"
3 = Red teams respawn/healing/shopping post

add in some jungle/forest in between the "lanes", some randomly spawning grey monsters with drops/bonus exp, etc

Played a bit of HoN and a lot of LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON, and its a great concept with a shitty playerbase and decent execution. Would love to play Egg's version, if he decides that coding this sort of thing wouldn't be more of a pain in the ass than its worth.

I WOULD PAY RL MONEY TO GAIN ACCESS TO THIS FEATURE IF PUT IN *WINK WINK* (You pay 50 addy coins to purchase a permanent ticket to this feature, or 1 addy coin per visit?)

Some sort of xp/gold/item roll/etc for winners, small xp/gold for losers?
Akyla
I accidently ate my friend's placenta!

Post by Akyla »

I choose Poppy! <3
You get what anyone gets; you get a lifetime.
When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting.
When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.
Next thing you're going to be moaning that I ought to get a scythe...
GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

Class specific pets. Not sure exactly what pets per say but an example would be if a rogue hides so does their pet. Mages pets have higher mr. Fighters higher attack power. Monks pets can use the aspects ?? , and priest pets get a healing spell automatically.
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Writing a char's name within "[ ]" on a chest in your house lets that char use the chest as well as you.
―Cave Johnson
hellslave
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by hellslave »

A counter for number of remaining monsters whilst in an instance.

Perhaps a small bonus if you and your party manage to kill absolutely everything, such as total number of monster kills x 10 gold per party member with a 0.05% chance of a +9/ench/arty drop
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand :jam: