Ideas thread 2012

Moderator: EUO Moderators

DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Post by DrRude »

Aerie wrote:I'm glad you mentioned new class. I have been thinking of a new class the past couple of days. It kind of flows with your "mind over matter" idea, but I had the name "Bender" as the class name.

As a Bender, your stats would be 15/15/15/55. (like a rogue uses 25/75; str/dex ratio). str/dex/wisdom/int. This would be a great time to reiterate Wisdome, as a Bender is wise. You'd need Dex for "balance", Str for "travel" (like climbing and jumping), Wisdom (Wis) for "survival", and Int for "defense" (attacking).

Unlike your idea, I like the idea of bring in some new spells, but much like the U/A Dojo, you have to learn the spells, not just read a book and poof. Spells would include Earth, Wind, Water, and Fire.
...snip...
With the Spells, consider adding "Void" as an element, Kū. From Wikipedia:

空 Kū or sora, most often translated as "Void", but also meaning "sky" or "Heaven", represents those things beyond our everyday experience, particularly those things composed of pure energy. Bodily, kū represents spirit, thought, and creative energy. It represents our ability to think and to communicate, as well as our creativity. It can also be associated with power, creativity, spontaneity, and inventiveness.

Kū is of particular importance as the highest of the elements. In martial arts, particularly in fictional tales where the fighting discipline is blended with magic or the occult, one often invokes the power of the Void to connect to the quintessential creative energy of the world. A warrior properly attuned to the Void can sense their surroundings and act without thinking, and without using their physical senses.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_eleme ... hilosophy)
DaDude
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by DaDude »

DrRude wrote: With the Spells, consider adding "Void" as an element, Kū. From Wikipedia:
In the Western paradigma this was called the 'Quintessence' or Aether: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aether_%28 ... element%29

Greek elements:
Air
Water Aether Fire
Earth

You can see it's the same system as the Eastern one you're suggesting:

Japanese elements:
Air (風)
Water (水) Void (空) Fire (火)
Earth (地)

I would so like to see elemental spells and weapons ! Hip hip hooray for this idea :D
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

Would heroic Deja Vu be possible?

That would be great for people who like melee mobs. There's a lot of high level maps with dragons and such, magic stuff, but not much above your basic shadow warrior. I mean, there's blood warriors in some places, but not many of them.

Shadow warriors are kinda way too easy now :(
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Superior Wand of Deconstruction, crafted with a bright blue shard and wand of deconstruction. Deconstructs armour or weapons without the need to disenchant them.
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

Maybe its time for a minor clan overhaul?

ideas:

Full clan party (Ex 5 D12 in the same party) +3-5% xp?

Clan stock list (for leader only) keeps track of who uses what chests, so we can restock as needed

/ClanGag command, lets face it, sometimes (especially in my clan) its needed.

more clan oriented activities (more SPAM hall fights, annual clan CTF matches)
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

Superior Wand Of Transferrence (maybe take like 5 WoTs to make?) like an xfer wand, but never loses a +
DaDude
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by DaDude »

draconians can fly over hills, why cant they fly over beings?
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

A foil arti that's more interesting than the usual +7 +20. Maybe a weird enchant? How about like, enchanted with the monk Yeti effect :D

A tower sheild arti. Give it + attack and something maybe, now that that's supposed to work.
Cirrus
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Cirrus »

Mobs should cast the reveal spell when you bump into them while invisible.
"If my head were any harder, you could use it as a cannonball!" - Pazu from Castle in the Sky

"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." - Proverbs 17:28

"The first annual Procrastinators' Club member meeting has been postponed until further notice." - Rusty's old sig.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Key binds are used up fast by spells and items. I suggest more dedicated keys for commonly used items. Here are my suggestions:

shift+i: Identify item with magnifying glass.
shift+a: Acquire monster meat from corpse with butcher knife.
IGN: 1
syfr
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by syfr »

/gt for cross server trades
/l for local server chat
GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

Split monks into two category's fist monks and feet monks (boots of attack) make feet monks hit harder and a bit slower and a few different specials ex. Dragon stomp (causes bleed), Bleeding kick (aep/confusion) and Quivering Kick ( same as palm)
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.
brentoboy
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by brentoboy »

"Lucky" tint.

Doesn't give any combat bonuses, but improves your chances of finding cooler items.
PD: Duncan
Reg: Zen / Natasha
brentoboy

Post by brentoboy »

new skill for priest class...
Blessed Slings
brentoboy

Post by brentoboy »

Combined Player Merchants ... all characters for the same player could share a merchant if they want to.

Guild Merchants. Guild members can buy and sell with the guild merchant at one price, outsiders get a different price.
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

Make the messages relating to bleeding appear in red, like staving messages do. They're kinda easy to miss.
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

brentoboy wrote:"Lucky" tint.

Doesn't give any combat bonuses, but improves your chances of finding cooler items.
Hm! Maybe a Four-Leafed Clover artifact that gives some kind of bonus? (and how about a greater arty: "Fry's Seven- Leafed Clover" ;) )
Djanno :smoke:
syfr

Post by syfr »

Edited:
pet ranks
cap base int at 2500(int wands would increase past this with 3600 int max)
cap base hp at 7500(hp wands would increase past this with 10800 hp max)
cap rank at 100 with 5k kills per rank
each rank give 25 int 75 hp .5 def -1ms delay
myth essence makes pet able to rank up and changes a lvl 75 dragon to rank 0 (doesnt work if already ranked)

also, ice dragons are exactly the same stats as fire but backwards on fire/ice resist, might be cool to get one at the same rate as fires from drakes.

delay shown with stats

EDIT: make 0-1 5000 kills 1-2 5500 2-3 6000, will make it harder to max out, but the creature will still become more powerful
Last edited by syfr on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
syfr

Post by syfr »

have a small (1% or so) chance that a drake wont change at 25, but when the drake hits 75 it will become a Arch Dragon that looks yellow has 800 int 400 delay , if this happens, it can lvl farther, 150 it becomes a shadow dragon or blood dragon,

also, pets should gain int/def/etc when they lvl.
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

CinisterD wrote:Maybe its time for a minor clan overhaul?

ideas:

Full clan party (Ex 5 D12 in the same party) +3-5% xp?

Clan stock list (for leader only) keeps track of who uses what chests, so we can restock as needed

/ClanGag command, lets face it, sometimes (especially in my clan) its needed.

more clan oriented activities (more SPAM hall fights, annual clan CTF matches)
+1 on these ideas... It'd also be nice to be able to send "tweets" to clan members; basically 140 character postcards that can be sent to all clan members, displayed upon login similar to that "Artful Dodger" word bubble that pops up. Even though we've got the forums, more than a few players don't read the forums as often as they play the game.