Ideas thread 2012

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Catherine
English correct bastard.

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Post by Catherine »

This is a suggested solution to the crafting bottleneck that effects Weaponsmithing ~

Please make it so that if three weapons are poly piled, with one being either tinted or enchanted, then there's a huge % chance for a tinted weapon of that +. I'd suggest that with enchants, the tint is an automatic donation.

e.g. +5 mace, +5 longsword, +5 diamond dagger > high % chance of random tinted +5 weapon
+7 claymore, +7 halberd, +7 adamantium trident VoG > 100% chance of +7 adamantium weapon (i.e. the tint is automatically xferred onto a random weapon base).

I've been doing this on PD (so ultra-fast) and the bottleneck is a killer ~ esp. since I often find venomous enchants (themselves +5) etc, which I currently cannot use. That's not to mention the fact that I'm stockpiling venomous +5 weapons for the inevitable crunch point @ 95% skill.

All the other crafting seem fair ~ although khaki potions are a bitch to get ;)
nanasi
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by nanasi »

Blackrock fishing rod
You can make it yourself and doesn't burn when fishing in lava.
But you can't get dragonscale boots with it :smile:
I'm not good at english sorry.
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

If you have 100 Stealth with 100 Shortswords there's only a very small chance of your back stab failing.

I hate it when it fails 3-4 times in a row.
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

Sumter wrote:If you have 100 Stealth with 100 Shortswords there's only a very small chance of your back stab failing.

I hate it when it fails 3-4 times in a row.

Every time you miss, i laugh a little....

-Colt
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

Suggestions ~
  • *Allow 100 armourer / Smith to "insert" a Tinker's Bauble as a pommel of a weapon, or the Rod as the back of a shield? Would give them some use, as people could then still use a weapon/shield in their off hand.
    *Uber golem: combined an Ebony, Crystal, Flesh and Brass into an uberific one. Requires inanimate version of each + loads of other stuff and so on.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Bring back tourny belts and make people give them up every year to the new champ.
KoRnAGAIN

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

Eclips wrote:Bring back tourny belts and make people give them up every year to the new champ.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :lesson:

-Colt
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

what is so good about the belts other than being a pain in the ass
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Other than being a trophy, from what I remember, they usually had some of the best stats in the game.
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

eggmceye wrote:what is so good about the belts other than being a pain in the ass
Like Donny said, it's a physical item that shows you had achieved a rare accomplishment. I've heard players suggest just giving an item with NO stats just to have something to say "yeah, i won the tournament". They also have great stats for thier level bracket, and lets face it, more than half of the people who play this game are collectors, and belts are the big shiny toy you see in the window but cant buy. I think just having an item that cant be found by normal drops are cool. Maybe its just the fact that it looks like a glowing wrestling belt that makes everyone want one. Usually I never go against Egg, but ill have to answer your question with another question, What ISNT good about a belt? I dont blame you for not wanting to add them, I just had to speak my part on the topic. I find belts to be the coolest of cool items in the game.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

if belts are given up they are not collectable
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

I wasnt necessarily saying I agree on the idea of giving up the belt each year. I was simply trying to defend why belts are so popular.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

if there was to be a belt there would be one for each division, w/o customised stats
what's good stat suggestion then?
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

Hmm great question! Well, It would probably need to be a general stat that every class could use.

I have 3 Ideas.

A. +Hp regen +Protection (This would probably be the best choice as far as making it fair for all levels)

B. 10 Vig +x AS/NV (Either or)

C. +x Mr +x Def

A friend also mentioned making 3 belts similar to the "Band" concept (int, dex,str belts.) , but ofc not as strong. Give the appropriate belt depending on thier class type. Give them a set level like your regular arty. 1/2 the people will able to use them right away, the other half will have to reach that level, which if they get a cool belt i don't see being a problem. Now this almost goes against the one belt theory and probably makes more work, but its an idea. (or maybe just keep the concept of a set belt with a set lvl)

Now the hard part is finding whats fair for ALL levels. Ofc we could mix and match stats until we find something nice. Im more then willing to continue developing the idea!

Really it doesnt have to be anything over the top, just a fun item to have. If it has a decent stat or two, thats just a bonus :)
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

If its all the same, ive ran it by a few people and everyone likes "A" the best, It seems most fair to everyone, and itd actually be kinda cool.
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

I like CinisterD's "A" idea.

A utility type championship belt would be pretty decent, and its not like it would add too much too stats or anything. Good little "i was in this tournament" sorta souvenier
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

+AS would be great if it applies to mages. I like my +AS rings more than my bands now.
KoRnAGAIN

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

Eclips wrote:+AS would be great if it applies to mages. I like my +AS rings more than my bands now.
Also, maybe allow gloves to give +AS?
I have a gorgeous pair of gloves AS+9 and i can't freaking use them :fp:

-Colt
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

I'd enjoy championship belts, can't really give a rational reason other than it'd just be cool to have an in-game trophy kind of thing for it.

Cinister's first idea sounds pretty cool.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

should I bother with different belts for each division, or just one belt item for all divisions?
+prot
+regen
will be the stats