Ideas thread 2012

Moderator: EUO Moderators

DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Post by DrRude »

Lemonope wrote:How about a calender to go with the Sun/Moon cycle with days of the week?
Some Shops could only open on some days off the week.

Also notice its always daylight saving in EUO, when vampires are added, shorter nights would be a disadvantage to vampires, but other times on the EUO year, an advantage, with seasons, you might only be able to grow and do things on on certain times of the year.
For what it's worth, last time I checked, a lunar month ingame lasts about 6 hours in real time. Trying to track dates on an EUO lunar calendar would feel like something from an H.G. Wells novel -- a time machine spinning out of control.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

time kinda stands still in a multiplayer game like euo
having said that,

http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Co ... a#Timeline

edit: that timeline will be updated a little after the publication of New Sosarian Cooking Adventures :2cool:
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

eggmceye wrote:time kinda stands still in a multiplayer game like euo
having said that,

http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Co ... a#Timeline

edit: that timeline will be updated a little after the publication of New Sosarian Cooking Adventures :2cool:
Hrm very interesting. :geek:

When flying would it be possible to increase FOV or give similar effects of a white potion to give the impression of being higher? Also, more of an inconsistency, you can fly over mountains, but you can get attacked by crocodiles.

New ranged weapon: Boomerang. Not sure how to stat this though.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Xophias
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Xophias »

Riki's Idea add-on: 10% ST/90 DE% (Could probably do 20% ST/80% DE just as well). With such low STR, understand the player will have low hp so they will pretty much have to keep a distance, maybe giving this a chance of being slightly longer range wise than the rest of the ranged weapons. Also, probably not going to happen due to the coding etc that would be involved in it but you throw a boomerang and it comes back correct? That being done perhaps the boomerang could hit multiple MOBs in a line from where the monster is coming towards you from when the boomerang gets to hitting it, whether it be adjacent or straight line north, south, east or west. This would add some strategic play towards the rogues even more so than they already have.

I'm not so sure this was put into that much depth of thought or if I've wandered away from the idea completely, but I think that would make being a rogue that much more interesting and would make Shamino himself even run to the store to buy the new fabulous weapon.(Idea for new quest perhaps?)

Tweak:Death from guards within Nordhausen, the other towns due to lycan especially on the PD shard should not remove a stone or permanently kill you unless, of course you strike the guard at that point in time, then by all means you deserve the death.[/b]
Last edited by Xophias on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

Add Dragon Mounts for your pets ( yes im sure it has been said but I just wanted another vote for it)

also at xophias you will need to shorten your ideas to about a sentence or two or it probably wont be read :D
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.
GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

Aerie wrote:imo, that's a bad idea.. that would solve the "dual classing" issue, but i don't think it'll go over that well. That would basically be like dual classing on reg with a half troll or something. Which, would there fore, be cheeseable. Well, i don't know about cheeseable, but I think my point was made.
Was just thinking of adding more mana not mr or int or anything with it just more mana to use less blue pots
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Xophias wrote:Riki's Idea add-on: 10% ST/90 DE% (Could probably do 20% ST/80% DE just as well)...multiple strikes...return...
I'm not so sure this was put into that much depth of thought or if I've wandered away from the idea completely...(Idea for new quest perhaps?)
sounds good. Yes, basically the idea was to hit multiple target and return. Kinda get a bump in DPS, and make grinding not so bad almost like a weak VOG. Nope, right on par with my thought process. Perhaps... might have to sit down and right up some scripts.

some oddities: a giant rat corpse weighs as much as a cow, which weighs as much as a human. (50lbs) For a barracks, Fort Grunthos has a surprising lack of beds, and is not very "call to arms" ready.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

Make the drop rate of items from chest of level 14, and 15 maps higher... I search so many maps but barely have anything to show for it.
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
Broden
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Broden »

eggmceye wrote: http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Co ... a#Timeline

Lord Broden
Brother of Lord Byron (hence the same avatar). A player, missing in action. His legacy: an empty keep south of Mirkwood.
This castle needs to be taken over: maybe appropriated by some new overlord upstart of Sosaria west, or by hostiles (to become a hunting ground), or maybe by some friendly political faction.

#1. I have a brother?
#2. That's my only legacy? That blows.
#3. The castle isn't empty. The bottom floor is rented out and I still haven't seen a single gold piece from any of the tenants.
"Dean! Have you been shooting dope into your scrotum?! You can tell me... I'm hip!" - Rusty Venture
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

CIAassassin wrote:When flying would it be possible to increase FOV or give similar effects of a white potion to give the impression of being higher?
+1 I :heart: this one. I hadn't ever thought of that.

And as for broden and the "no gold" situation.. mah bad. I ain't know i had to.
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

weapon aspects for unarmored fighter/monks , rogue/monks , staff monk.
Broden
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Broden »

Aerie wrote:
CIAassassin wrote:And as for broden and the "no gold" situation.. mah bad. I ain't know i had to.
Yes, you currently owe $727,412,002 gold pieces in back rent :)

Of course I am kidding, but don’t expect me to fix the plumbing. You and CIA have apartments over where the swimming pool use to be.
"Dean! Have you been shooting dope into your scrotum?! You can tell me... I'm hip!" - Rusty Venture
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Broden wrote: Of course I am kidding, but don’t expect me to fix the plumbing. You and CIA have apartments over where the swimming pool use to be.
yeah about that... I swear I did a courtesy flush. Oh and I would so totally buy the whole place... just saying.
Rikimaru

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Broden wrote: #1. I have a brother?
#2. That's my only legacy? That blows.
#3. The castle isn't empty. The bottom floor is rented out and I still haven't seen a single gold piece from any of the tenants.
to be fair that was written in 2005 when you were missing - also the bit about byron being a brother is clearly wrong.

Don't complain about legacy too loudly tho - your npc is one of the 2 lords of new sosaria. When you aren't logged on the npc logs out (so there are never 2 of you). There aren't any other players that have a scripted npc clone.
Broden
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Broden »

@ CIAassassin - I knew it was you!!! You need to eat some fiber.

@eggmceye - My comments were meant to be humorous, not serious. It's cool with me if the history has them as brothers.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

Just some things that make races more useable as other players have requested before.

Some things that would make shadowmeld more useable:
Lower cool off (<10 seconds)
Works like a short version of stealth spell (5 seconds or so, like a smokebomb)
Able to move a few squares before leaving
Immune to reveal
Activates when health is at a certain %

smokebomb ideas: light AoE item speed boost when in it and confuses mob. Possible to tint with poison or sleep etc.

and something I just wanna see, because Im working on one, so shameless self bump. I also added a bladestaff I made.
Weapon: Battlestaff (subset of Bladestaff and [working title] defensestaff)
.5([base]%) for block

Half of all current benefits of a staff:
faster cooloff
less mana used per spell
staff materials affect spell damages, and may have a venomous or vampyric effect
staves of slaying give increased damage to offensive spells (or slight increase to benefits to get closer to standard staff and shield - overpowered IMO)
increased mana regeneration rate (including during meditation)

bladestaff pictures
Last edited by CIAassassin on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rikimaru

Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

/decline party invites.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

ability to craft unbreakable items after reaching GM in all crafting skills. Low chance to be successful though.
Rikimaru

ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol

Post by ibrowniedefender »

the ability to craft soulbound chainmail at 100 armoring
the ability to craft soulbound muskets a 100 weaponsmithing
both can be wot'd

because right now there a huge waste of time :P
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Increase the drop rate of gloves of attack. As it stands now they hardly drop, so the amount of enchanted gloves is rather low.