Ideas thread 2012

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Post by Eclips »

Spectral Staff - (permanently cursed) Staff +invisability (can't attack, but can wonder invis)
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Living off the land on regular. :cool:
IGN: 1
KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

1[WoWz] wrote:Living off the land on regular. :cool:
:-|

.....that'd make me wanna play reg again for sure! Good idea :ymca:

-Colt
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

KoRnAGAIN wrote:
:-|

.....that'd make me wanna play reg again for sure! Good idea :ymca:

-Colt
It would take sooooooo long time to get crafting up X-D
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON are you kidding
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON are you kidding
Haha, I think it's a good idea. A like the idea of living of the land but I don't like PD. I wouldn't have to worry about getting the absolute best gear in trades because I won't be able to trade.

You should consider it Egg, it might turn out well.
IGN: 1
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

Automate chat with pre-made messages, like

"Looking for group for: Heroic Minotaur Halls" or "Buying vampyric tomahawk (XJ)"

Then, completely take user input out of the equation, because what's the point anymore
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
ritari
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by ritari »

Make multiple tamable allies possible. Not just one and rest turns blue and wanders anywhere. Not pets but friends for battle for like a few minutes.
1 + 1 = 2
ChrisCooper

Post by ChrisCooper »

Artifacts that you can only get as a random unidentified item from the pawn shop
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

A boss or bosses that are difficult, drop good loot, and have a high chance to escape.

So something like BQ or Lady Stink that has an escape route or routes, and is programmed to flee at a certain HP - requiring some ingenuity to trap, or a brown potion to catch and kill.
KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

Okay, lets do this. :rebel:
I figured that since the thread is righly titled "Ideas Thread 2012" i would go ahead and clear out my thought on this past year of EUO. Once the new year starts i know there will be even junk that gets said and i wanted to go ahead and give my thoughts/ideas on this past year and how i feel improvements would benefit, not just me, but the entire EUO community/game.

********************Things that confuse me
1). Why do wep shops, armour shops, ect. only sell non tinted weps/gear; yet they'll buy all my shizz? :fp:
-----Maybe allow the shops to sell up to +2 slaying weps and up to +10 stat gear/+2 defence gear?
-----This just makes more sense to me and i would imagine would help out the nubz
2). Why are the high seas in place? :o
-----I know that a couple of years ago, Egg, you put the "high seas" into the game and i honestly
-----have no idea why, but i've heard it was because it stopped people from rafting around the
-----continent? Maybe that's so, but i feel half the continent is useless with it up. Raftin Be Fun :geek:

********************Things i would change/bring back (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)
1). Though i'm sure i'll get crap for this, lets start out strong: Weapon Wear
-----Okay, this used to be in the game and i loved the idea. Probably more back then because i was nubish and liked the idea
-----of one of the high levels losing their Uber shit :psychotic: but, in all seriousness, the idea was great. It wasn't like
-----someone couldn't use a repair scroll and repair it, but yeah if they didn't it'd break. This makes gameplay more realistic.
-----Maybe it could wear less than before or at a slower rate? If people had to worry about their shit breaking i feel it'd help
-----weed out good/bad weps more frequently so that item demands will go up. Or, if the items didn't break (though i like
-----the idea) maybe just have the performance/damage of the wep decrease until you repair it?
2). Gold is completely useless. I remember back in the day there was a secret shop that people would literally wait in line
-----to access it. Maybe allow the shop to be almost set up like the pawnshop in SandyValley, with the items being expensive,
-----but allow all of the weps to be semi-uber. Maybe all +8s/9s but non-tinted with the hope of tint? or enchant?
-----Maybe let the location of the shop randomize between a few set locations? That way people can't hord around it?
3). Enchated Weapons. Good god i've ben screaming this/posting about this for years and i still have no clue
-----as to why weapons with VOG, OG, AM, VAM, hit for garbage?? I have so many great weapons that are useless because
-----the have these shitty enchants on them. The reason they're useless isn't the enchant itself, but the dmg the spell
-----casts do :( . IJO is uber because it's dependent on the mana of the monster, aep is dependent on itself and so is xj
-----as far as cast rate goes, but why can't VOG, OG, AM, VAM, and the damage they dish out be fully dependent on the user?
-----Let a level 70 use a Vamp Claymore VOG and then a level 350 use the same Claymore, the cast dmg is the same?
-----Maybe let the spells damage be dependent on the users stats ie Int ect? Or maybe if that's asking too much, maybe just
-----increase the default base cast dmg on the enchants??? This would make my world! And open the EUO community up
-----to more trading/buying because all the 102939438 of useless Addy/Barbed, Vamp VOG/AM weps well be worth a damn :aus:
4). Veno Weapons. Why does a snake hit me and poison me and it does "450dmg" to my level 1000 on pd but on the same
-----character i use a veno wep on a monster and it either does nothing or the damage it deals to the monster is UBER low?
-----I'd like to see this fixed :/. I feel this would make veno weps more valuable and useful. Maybe let it poison (does dmg)
-----and prevent from healing? Or atleast the freaking damage over time xD.
5). The Arties. Lets be honest, the stats on the armour artifacts are useless :roll: . I dont care how much the thing glows
----- if i have to be level 75 to wear a pair of Shardcrystal Gauntlets which only offre +25str and +4def, the item is easily
-----replaceable. Maybe bump up all the armour arties ie- shardcrystal gaunts, frenzy gloves, to +30? That doesn't sound too
-----unreasonable and it would make me want to actually use them instead of just nerfing them into mythic material :geek:

********************PD Server Shizz :ymca:
1). Really only one question of concern here: What do we do with the maxed out level 1000 players on the scoreboard?
----- And, EGGY-POO it didn't hit me until after i logged that you (CptEggo) were hunting with us and you even asked me
----- about the transfering PD/REG shizz LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON. I'm a retard and otherwise would have been more involved in your question xD.
----- Idealy, it'd be awesome to keep the items my character has equiped. I believe you said maybe having them at lvl 100
----- when transfered to reg? That seems reasonable to me since PD is 10x faster xp. And like i said, i would like to be able to
----- keep my items. For me particularly, i have spent a lot of time on mythiciang my weps and some are even named that my
----- char Colt is wearing ie my trident. Also maybe all the avatars that we've purchased? I know personally i have 5 just on MrPD
----- alone and 3 on Colt and 3 on MrElf LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON so losing those would be shame becaus i paid for them :(. Another thing, how about
----- a 'Hall of Fame' section to the site for the one who have "Retired" to reg AND a belt (i know you said no more belts but)
----- it doesn't have to have any other purpose but for show and it have the person's name on it. Maybe let the belt be a
----- soul bound item saying "PD King *person's name*" or some sort of cool message for the user to have on Reg after transfer.
----- How about have a seperate "Hall of Fame" town? Really small but has statues up and names of all those who have
----- accomplished lvl 1000 on PD on them? Just a default statue, but if you "Read/look" at it it'd say "A Legendary Hero: Colt"?
----- That'd be cool as shit :D
----- I really do want something done with this though, because my level 1000 is just sitting around and taking up space on the
----- scoreboard :cow:

WELP Egg, i hope you read this and take this all into consideration.
I've seen this game grow, change, and improve over the years and thank you for game :ymca:
I keep seeing new players and i want them to stay and for the older ones to come back, i feel that with the things i've listed it's a good start.

AND EVEN THOUGH WE'VE HAD ARE UPS AND DOWNZ THROUGH THE PAST 7 YEARS EGG, You'll always be my KangarooMan! :heart: :heart: :heart:
-Colt
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

Don't know if it has been suggested before, but:

Randarts, ie. randomly generated artifacts (idea stolen from dungeon crawl stone soup). Randart is a randomly generated artifact with random name with certain number of properties (from just one to all) chosen from following set:

- random tint or not tinted
- random stat bonus, from +20 up to +36 (I believe this is a border for stat items found in lvl 15 chests?), very small chance for multiple stats
- random enchant (if weapon), very small chance for multiple enchants
- nightvision or mr bonus (if armour), from +3 up to +5, very small chance for both
- other special effects like chance of confusing target, putting target into sleep, increased rage gain (for weapons)

and a chance for negative bonuses (negative stats, negative mr or nv, confusing or putting wielder/wearer into sleep).
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

KoRnAGAIN wrote: 1). Though i'm sure i'll get crap for this, lets start out strong: Weapon Wear
-----Okay, this used to be in the game and i loved the idea. Probably more back then because i was nubish and liked the idea
-----of one of the high levels losing their Uber shit :psychotic: but, in all seriousness, the idea was great. It wasn't like
-----someone couldn't use a repair scroll and repair it, but yeah if they didn't it'd break. This makes gameplay more realistic.
-----Maybe it could wear less than before or at a slower rate? If people had to worry about their shit breaking i feel it'd help
-----weed out good/bad weps more frequently so that item demands will go up. Or, if the items didn't break (though i like
-----the idea) maybe just have the performance/damage of the wep decrease until you repair it?
KoRnAGAIN wrote: This makes gameplay more realistic.
KoRnAGAIN wrote: realistic.
This game is meant to be realistic? Wtf?
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

I totally love the tech demo video with the smooth scrolling and dmg shown on the mobs (dmg indicator).

Some suggestions:

1 - make the dmg indicator move upwards and let it fade out
2 - color code for the dmg indicator (white for normal dmg, red and bold for critical hit, blue for magical dmg)

Optional battle gfx’s (to give battles a more frenzy looking feel):
1 - Arcade style pixel “explosions” (random coloured pixels spread out from the target (e.g. http://www.pixelships.com/pxsretro/screens.html just more colourful)
2 - or maybe have some blood gfx’s (splatter, pools, etc.)
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

Hard mini bosses at the end of dungeons with chance of epic loot (something besides the norm) to encourage more parties rather than solo.

Maybe some sort of secret/magic merch to get gold worth more.

Stealth bow attack... does like 1.5-3 times normal dmg.

New and better artifacts are always nice.. even if they are super rare.
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

How about making the res circle in the arena (or those in other arena type areas) one of the kind that resurrects you with full health?
Tristin
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Tristin »

I think this is an extremely good idea , the idea of Lotl on reg makes me wanna try it like last week , was talking to beth literally last week about it i think that 1 has the right idea , we should do lotl on reg and anyone who says well its stupid because theres no risk like on pd. Well in my opinion if your not a complete idiot non of your pd characters should die unless a glitch because you will hunt/buy a stone before you go anywhere dangerous again. Needless to say lotl on reg sounds like a fantastic idea.
Im a jerk i know it egg knows it , deal with it. Babycakes is my biffle
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

you can do LOTL anyway - as in just use willpower, it doesn't actually need enforcing
Jamie
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Jamie »

Smaller maps which only take about 10 - 15 minutes to complete with 2 chests at the end as a reward OR a mini boss with a 100% chance to drop an item equal to difficulty of dungeon.
- Allows people who aren't able to complete long maps such as BM/The Pit/Anathema
- Makes leveling less of a grind when able too simply complete a short map and move on to other things.

Rings with dual stats, eg; + (1-36) stat and + (1-6) NV/MR

Amulets with a (U)se ability which grants (1-36) stats + (1-6) NV for 60 seconds

Double EXP on weekends. Automate a system which starts at 6pm Friday & ends Sunday 12am
- More incentive to play when most people have free time.
- People who are unable to play during weekdays a lot will at least be able to get a few levels over the weekend
ChrisCooper

Post by ChrisCooper »

automated double xp would be a better idea if it was one weekend a month.