Ideas thread 2012

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Post by Mackey »

eggmceye wrote:should I bother with different belts for each division, or just one belt item for all divisions?
+prot
+regen
will be the stats
Each division would be cool. I'd just like something I could put in my house that says I won my bracket in 2012.
Baou
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Baou »

Don't know if you're 100% on the stats of belts yet if you make them but I think + Regen + 5 NV might be cooler for an item to just wear around doing random misc stuff and NV is nice to have but adds nothing to actual combat. then + protect when you get a protect ring from a quest and can make/buy protection scrolls.
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

I don't think you really need to bother with differentiating the belts for each division, if that's what you mean.
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

GM in special skills (non-crafts) should be able to make baubles or off-hand items with unique benefits.

For example:

GM cartography - small globe. Illuminates all areas of mini-map and gives a bonus to NV, or int/vig?

GM item lore - magnifying glass, or some sort of vision apparatus to reveal details (hidden rooms/chests?)

Just in general, the idea of a shiny toy for achieving grandmaster in a non-craft.
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

When you resurrect on PD you should should have full hit points instead of just being almost dead. It would suck to get resurrected and then permanently die because you immediately got killed again because you barely had any hitpoints.
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

Make mage a viable second class:
  • Mages can "concentrate" on a spell (change at will like Monk's aspects, and stays set until you change it).
  • When a mage attacks with a weapon, concentrated spell fires at random like an enchant (except uses mana, and uses int to calculate damage and resistances).
  • If you have skill in the wep you're using, the spell cooloff should be lessened, and possibly the other non-staff penalties as well.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Ideas and thoughts about ranged:

-How about making the ability "spray and pray" more like flurry? If there is only one target it should hit that target with all shots instead of only firing one bullet/arrow.
-Then the change of targets using ctrl+left/right is more in bad than good. Its not only what i think, others i've talked to also dislikes this.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

Greater Blue potions.
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

This is a continuation of my post in the vampire thread and a previous one I made both on dual classing.

I mostly only play PD these days, and dual classing is nearly necessary, but also clunky and awkward with some combinations. Most dual classing is with priest as the second class, and from what I can remember, the focus on changing this has been to nerf piety. I think a better idea would be to bulster the other dual class options.

I previously suggested that each class had a tactics like skill, that gave a passive bonus, like tactics does to damage reduction and AS.
Magery's skill would add MR and/or trigger rate of enchanted weapons.
Rogues skill would add dodge and/or decrease armour movement penalty.
Piety doesnt need one as healing is big enough of a perk.

With single class characters, with 100% of this skill, there would be no change to what the character looks like currently. This would only benefit/change dual classers.

Another idea would be to create subclass abilities/ passives

Arcane warrior: 100 fighter, 25-100 mage Casts spells that make weapons do elemental damage or add +1 damage/AS.
Paladin- Priest 100, fighter 25-100; Can bless swords, uses Smite rage ability.
Arcane Thief: 100 rogue, 25-100; Spell deflection: passive spell deflection or the magic half of phase shift. Smoke Screen- Auto hides allies within 2 squares of the caster that aren't attacking/casting.
Barbarian: Fighter 100, rogue 25-100; passive chance to stagger (H 1-2 seconds) mob.
Shadow Mage: mage 100; rogue 25-100; Passive trap detection, Bonus to spell damage/duration when hiding.
Assassin: Rogue 100, fighter 25-100; Can parry attacks with SS.

I guess my first idea could even done passively without adding any skill. (Any alt with 100 of one skill gets passive dodge bonus with 25% or more rogue skill.)
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

I agree with Eclips on not nerfing piety but instead buffer the other classes so people can have choices other than priest. Would love to see something like this done so I could try other other class combo's other than priest because the only it's about the only useful second class combo!
Nerfing mani < More dual class options
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4395&p=78141#p78141

All my ideas/complaints are in here.. Check it out! feel free to comment on that thread to add to it.
[Reg] Buck
KoRnAGAIN
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by KoRnAGAIN »

I wish echants like VOG/OG etc, did more damage or had a way to allow the damage to be dependent on the individual users stats/level.

Gah....change this.... :rage:

I have so many cool items that just sit around....and because of that, they're considored junk :no:

-Colt
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

Use an empty flask on a corpse to fill it with blood, which vampires can quaff later to sate hunger.
Cirrus
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Cirrus »

Staves are a monk-like weapon. Perhaps monks should be able to use aspects while wielding them?
"If my head were any harder, you could use it as a cannonball!" - Pazu from Castle in the Sky

"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." - Proverbs 17:28

"The first annual Procrastinators' Club member meeting has been postponed until further notice." - Rusty's old sig.
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

Updated link

Now has my ideas/me rambling about priest, druid class idea, and stuns...

Scroll to bottom to see updated crap.
[Reg] Buck
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

I have some ideas that I feel could honestly help EUO out at it's current stage. By current stage I mean:
- hardly anyone playing
- no community personality
- only a few old timers left
- generally feels like a single player nes game

As an older player, I kinda feel like a little part of myself is in this game, as silly as that sounds. I can't even begin to imagine how much time I've put into playing this game, experiencing it's highs and lows. When it's at it's high, it is seriously the most fun I've had on an online game (and I'd like to think of myself as a fairly seasoned online gamer).

That being said, I definitely wouldn't mind fully brainstorming and putting some ideas on the table, but I don't think it's worth my time unless I know there's a high potential that something's gonna to be done with it. Obviously it's up to you egg, so I hope you're reading this. If you are willing to put some time into marketing this game to the right people, slimming down certain aspects of the game while accentuating others, and possibly a few extra $ each month to kickstart it, I don't see why EUO couldn't grow back to a good 20-30 ppl on every night having a great time. Lemme know if you're interested in hearing some ideas. If not, that's cool too.

Hope all's well.
SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR »

agree with Eidolon...
imo there is NO community at all... ppl just siting and farming/exping... i tried to do sth with this by sharing my Monk Ideas in "monk guide by SiNeR" but nothing rly hapends... i dont know how many "new" monks read it etc... but almost none is writing there... well 90% of players just keep their "secrets" like an golum... "my precious...." and they dont want to share, and thats ok i respect that. There are ofc some ppl who can always help you with sth... like Mort, Sever, Maveric... another thing is Gold... its comleptly useless... at for example 100 lvl you have like 400-500k and tbh you cant buy anything.... I personaly remembre old times... when i started lvling along with Heikki we sell stuff like (vamp weapons, high mr+) for gold.... and now i feel that for a single WoT i must give back half of my invectory. When Rakko decided to play rogue on reg he gets from me 2x vamp ss +8 for free, becuase he helped me one day on PD serv by donating my crap char in MR gear. I`m wrting this only for consideration for some "players".... this is the way Trading I remember...and now... I have 1M gold and what can i do with it? spend in pawn shop?
"we are elite, you are not!!"
-goblin elite
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Sumter wrote: -Legend Scoreboard/Something after level 1000 on PD
That would be good considering that 80% of the players on the PD board have now reached that cap.
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

Got some more crappy ideas for you guys ;)

-Shooting Stars
-Abandoned Ships
-Epic Artifacts
-10-Man Groups

Scroll to the bottom of my link to read more about them.

[Reg] Buck
ritari
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by ritari »

make it possible to walk over ironfist grandmaster. on narrow path its not possible to get over him.

maybe vanish away when answered "no"?
1 + 1 = 2