Re: Ideas thread 2012

Post by eggmceye »

wind has been on the todo list since 2003 LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

I should post my euo todo list for a laugh
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

If I'm not mistaking, didn't Atraxis make it rain in Nord once on an experiment. (not throwing money to all you thugs out ther'.) It looked okay, but had a few issues. Was that something of yours that he was playing with, or was that his doings?
Lemonope
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Lemonope »

Lightning could be one effect, players risk getting struck, unless they retreat to indoor areas or dungeons
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

Struck by lightning = int/mana boost but damage is taken
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Remove cooldown from lowest yellow pots to match the Mani spell, witch is the main reason people go human.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

Make addy coins Account/server bound instead of soulbound. Ex. Have all characters linked to account on reg can access the addy coins. So on and so forth.
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.
Xophias

Post by Xophias »

A command to reactive a started (but unfinished) quest. (Also removing the quest items that may only be obtained once from the character is nec.) So if a quest happens to glitch out as the orcasaurus has done to me on PD, we won't have to annoy egg trying to get him to manually reset the quest.

Half trolls get another race bonus..not sure what about it could be (It's come to my attention dual wielding slows the melees alil making, so really it's not much a bonus to jump on. x.x)
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

eggmceye wrote:wind has been on the todo list since 2003 LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

I should post my euo todo list for a laugh
I'd be interested in reading it :)
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

A giant squib that haunts Shoreline like the huge crab of maeondir.
function squid(m) -- more or less as powerfull as a blood hydra.
m.code = 0x055238 -- tinted green
m.large = true
m:set_align(ALIGN_EVIL)
m:set_name("Giant Squid")
m:set_magic_resistance(1000)
m:set_hp_max(600)
m:set_intel(1360)
m:set_dmg_dice(10)
m:set_dmg_sides(5)
m:set_thaco(55)
m:set_base_ac(40)
m.xp_kill=700
m:learn_spell("vog")
m:learn_spell("inh")
m:learn_spell("aq")
m:learn_spell("srx") -- pretty sure this does not work this easy.
end

More final bosses at the end of certain dungeons, like phoenix or doppelganger. Maybe the community has some nice ideas that easily scripted.
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

LordMortiferus wrote:A giant squib that haunts Shoreline like the huge crab of maeondir.
:LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON:

Made me laugh!
Djanno :smoke:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

oh god just tried splitting this thread into new ideas and tweaks - too hard :mad:
also impossible to moderate in future :cry:
GoldenGanondorf
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by GoldenGanondorf »

Add scrolls of mana like the scrolls of health
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

imo, that's a bad idea.. that would solve the "dual classing" issue, but i don't think it'll go over that well. That would basically be like dual classing on reg with a half troll or something. Which, would there fore, be cheeseable. Well, i don't know about cheeseable, but I think my point was made.
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

So like you'd need a specific(high) amount of int to use mana scrolls.. -rolls eyes-
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

you don't need mana for scrolls. hence why newbs at level 1 can use SL out the ass to do some quests to hide past things. Scrolls don't have a cooldown either, because they don't use int..
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

No I mean like you need level etc to use certain hp scrolls, so just make it so you need a certain int for mans scrolls
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

that would be pointless.. if the scroll doesn't use mana, why have a certain int "level". That's stupid..

that was a dick post, my bad. But what i was saying is if the scroll itself doesn't use any int at all, why make the scroll have to have a certain int "level". That doesn't make sence whatsoever. That's like having Braille dots on a DRIVE-UP ATM, or like HAWAII having interstate highways...
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

a polypile recipe for all three art necklaces, name Amulet of Superiority. Random stats base of what each neck piece have.
make medium armour non class related, with a nerf in overall def. to make it worth using.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

(this quote was from 2007. I was reading...)
eggmceye wrote:
Aristarch wrote:Also, as I understand that, the point of MMORPGS is to players make stories of their own, just having the game as a base world for their fantasies.
YES this should be the point - thanks for posting - now how can I make euo more like this and less like wow?
When we pick our race and class, we could have only certain quests that we can complete. If you choose Half Troll&Rogue, then you have to follow down the path of half trolls, and do the rogue quests. We could have our own little "stories" like that. As we complete a bigger and bigger step, it could be posted in our profiles on the armoury. When you reach level 100 (as a goal), it could change to "I just hit level 100!" or w/e. As you get stronger and you're able to solo Brownethorn or the Queen on your own or a different boss that's out there, it could update the profile part. Add it to our own books like a journal. Whatever "date" we achieved that, it could be added to our books in line. So instead of (sorry hen) Hen having all of those little "belts" and those kinds of achievements, it could just have a link to a different part of the armoury that logs all of our activities to build up. Another example could be : If Seph, Fawf, Shawty, LordMorty, and Raiden were all hunting, and they killed the queen, it could have "Seph and the party of Fawf, Shawty, LordMorty, and Raiden defeated the queen!" (on sephs page) Fawfs page (or book) would have "Fawf, Seph...... (so forth and so on)".

To sum it all up if you don't want to read all of that....

We could have a mini "Facebook" for our characters.
Lemonope

Post by Lemonope »

How about a calender to go with the Sun/Moon cycle with days of the week?
Some Shops could only open on some days off the week.

Also notice its always daylight saving in EUO, when vampires are added, shorter nights would be a disadvantage to vampires, but other times on the EUO year, an advantage, with seasons, you might only be able to grow and do things on on certain times of the year.