Ideas thread 2012

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Ideas thread 2012

Postby eggmceye » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:21 am

your ideas, give them to me! :rage:
User avatar
eggmceye
hello
 
Posts: 10091
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:55 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Postby Grunkk » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:02 pm

Have an end of the world event.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
User avatar
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:38 pm
Location: Queensland, Australia

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Postby Aerie » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:38 pm

on the real though, cursed TP's do nothing, make them 1-way portals (like maeondir) to let the player know it's cursed. xD

cursed id scrolls don't do anything either, possibly make those make the item dissapear?

the possibility of an "AC" town portal that will stay up until you take it down. Aka, you set the TP and you come and go as much as you want and it won't go away.
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:32 am

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Postby ibrowniedefender » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:36 pm

as if the economy int screwed up enough. at gm smithing/armorer you can make a "Blackrock Box" which holds all your gold even if you die
User avatar
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:49 am
Location: USA

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Postby Grunkk » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:16 pm

Maybe that would've helped you when you lost your 500k in bm.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
User avatar
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:38 pm
Location: Queensland, Australia

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Postby ibrowniedefender » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:55 pm

Turquoise potions. Mage version of the khaki potion. unlimited mana for x amount of seconds
at 100 inscription the ability to make small "paintings" using pixels and whatever dimensions

Grunkk wrote:Maybe that would've helped you when you lost your 500k in bm.

jurr stupid, nothing to add to the game then post elsewere.
User avatar
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:49 am
Location: USA

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Postby LordMortiferus » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:44 pm

Dual Wielding:
# All races:
- can dual wield any 1h-weapons
- dmg and/or speed penalty for the off-hand weapon

# Half Trolls:
- can dual wield any weapons (1h and 2h)
- dmg and/or speed penalty if the off-hand weapon is a 2h weapon
- no penalty for using a shield or a 1h weapon in the off-hand slot
User avatar
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me
 
Posts: 818
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Postby LordMortiferus » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:45 pm

Stances:
# Berseker
- +50% dmg taken and given

# Frenzy
- +50% weapon/movement speed
- +25% dmg taken
- -25% dmg given

#Focus
- +50% chance for critical hit
- -25% weapon/movement speed
- -25% blocking/evading

#Elemental (Fire, Electricity, Cold)
- have to choose between one of the three available elements
- Dmg bonus depending on mobs resistance against element
- -25% elemental resistance for the other two

Numbers are just thrown in. The names “Frenzy” and “Focus” are inspired from the game Bowmaster Winter Storm.
User avatar
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me
 
Posts: 818
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Postby LordMortiferus » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:16 am

Priests:

# VUM and UM (fortitude)
- slightly buff the spell or nerf the scrolls
To make a difference between spells and scrolls.

# SJ (protection)
Same as VUM, but maybe nerf the scroll by 5-10 mins.

# IOY (divine hammer)
- +8 for WoT-able maces
- +7 for for non WoT-able
This spell is good at low lvls but later gets obsolete due to WoTs. A max. buff of +8 makes the spell comparable to a WoT without being overpowered but gives the priest a slight advantage.
User avatar
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me
 
Posts: 818
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Postby Rufio » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:18 am

ibrowniedefender wrote:as if the economy int screwed up enough. at gm smithing/armorer you can make a "Blackrock Box" which holds all your gold even if you die

Thats actually a kind of cool idea but maybe we could have different tinted boxes and when you die you keep the % of gold the box is worth? like reg is 10%, iron is 15%, etc. Would be kinda cool.
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
User avatar
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:58 pm

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Postby Flamesoffire » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:42 pm

Combined potions with bandages through alchemy.

Improved yellow potions + Bandage = Improved bandage. +15 healing. (+3 extra hp a second)
Refined yellow potions + Bandage = Refined bandage. +30 healing. (6)
Greater yellow potions + Bandage = Greater bandage. +45. (9)
Mega yellow potions + Bandage = Medical wrap. +60. (12)


At about 1k hp, 25 total a second from med and 100 healing is a tad slow. Cant always keep up with parties without wasting potions. This may help speed it up, And would maybe convince a few to use a bit a.. Variety and switch their priest to something else. Since alot of people seem to get it cause meditating is to slow.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
User avatar
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:05 am
Location: Right here.

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Postby MoonGoat » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:51 am

Nothing big, but a link from the forums back to the EUO mainpage would be nice... or have i missed an already existing one?
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
User avatar
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Postby Rufio » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:46 pm

LordMortiferus wrote:Dual Wielding:
# All races:
- can dual wield any 1h-weapons
- dmg and/or speed penalty for the off-hand weapon

# Half Trolls:
- can dual wield any weapons (1h and 2h)
- dmg and/or speed penalty if the off-hand weapon is a 2h weapon
- no penalty for using a shield or a 1h weapon in the off-hand slot

I have been praying for someone to say that other than me for a long ass time. This is such a good idea! :-S
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
User avatar
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:58 pm

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Postby LordMortiferus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:08 pm

#SL/VSL and IL/VIL
- nerf scrolls/potions/etc. to give x% change to be y% less effective than the mage spell

Like the priest spells, I think spells in general should have a small advantage over potions/scrolls/food to make dual classing a bit more worthwhile.

Scrolls
#cursed ID Scrolls
- curses item while ID'ing it (curse is not shown)

#cursed Tp Scrolls
- one way portal to a random place
User avatar
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me
 
Posts: 818
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Postby GoldenGanondorf » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:31 pm

Make it possible for an entire clan to be in a party. Keep it at 5 player xp if needed or even 1. Just would be cool to be able to do entire clan hunts ( if anyone ever gets on)
EUO the only game you can kill a Dragon while butchering his dead brother at the same time.
User avatar
GoldenGanondorf
I once posted in TFIOOC!
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:08 am

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Postby Eclips » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:04 am

Using Bash should have a chance of alerting nearby mobs of your presence.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:06 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Postby Rufio » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:28 am

LordMortiferus wrote:#cursed Tp Scrolls
- one way portal to a random place

One way portal to Hell. :shock:
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
User avatar
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:58 pm

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Postby DrRude » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:59 am

EXPLODING ARROWS

CREATING:

Need to be an Apprentice (50% <= ) or better with Woodcrafting (for the arrows) and Alchemy (for standard Black Powder of the period [Potassium Nitrate, Charcoal, Sulfur, hard paper container]).

FIRING:

Need to be a Journeyman (60% <= ) or better with Ranged weapons. Anything lower and there's an increased chance of an arrow blowing up in-hand before launch. Maybe even a chance of the whole quiver exploding and killing the shooter.
Image
User avatar
DrRude
on lolpatrol
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:41 pm

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Postby Akyla » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:35 pm

DrRude wrote:EXPLODING ARROWS

CREATING:

Need to be an Apprentice (50% <= ) or better with Woodcrafting (for the arrows) and Alchemy (for standard Black Powder of the period [Potassium Nitrate, Charcoal, Sulfur, hard paper container]).

FIRING:

Need to be a Journeyman (60% <= ) or better with Ranged weapons. Anything lower and there's an increased chance of an arrow blowing up in-hand before launch. Maybe even a chance of the whole quiver exploding and killing the shooter.


+1

Bullets too?
You get what anyone gets; you get a lifetime.
When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting.
When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.
Next thing you're going to be moaning that I ought to get a scythe...
User avatar
Akyla
I accidently ate my friend's placenta!
 
Posts: 1877
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:21 am

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Postby Aerie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:31 am

Flamesoffire wrote:Combined potions with bandages through alchemy.

Improved yellow potions + Bandage = Improved bandage. +15 healing. (+3 extra hp a second)
Refined yellow potions + Bandage = Refined bandage. +30 healing. (6)
Greater yellow potions + Bandage = Greater bandage. +45. (9)
Mega yellow potions + Bandage = Medical wrap. +60. (12)


At about 1k hp, 25 total a second from med and 100 healing is a tad slow. Cant always keep up with parties without wasting potions. This may help speed it up, And would maybe convince a few to use a bit a.. Variety and switch their priest to something else. Since alot of people seem to get it cause meditating is to slow.


Agreed. By far, one of the most creative idea's that I've seen in a while. :D
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:32 am

Next

Return to Old Ideas Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests