Ideas thread 2011

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Re: Ideas thread 2011

Post by eggmceye »

Eclips wrote: Also, in the scoreboard topic you were taking about how when the game starts to become a job, its time to quit. I agree with this, but your development lately, imo, has been against this statement. You've mentioned several times before than you're not really down for more quests, and across the years i've been playing I hardly see maps getting added to the game.
when have I ever said I was not down for more quests? I probably said they were a bitch to come up with better and better ones and are a bitch to make, therefore they don't get made that often. seriously, stop taking stuff I say out of context and then using it as fuel for your own angry argument.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

d12 clan of angry little boys
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Perhaps randomized weekly quests with somewhat cheaper rewards of exp and loot? Would prolly need some extensive coding to put in, but once done people might complain less about quests, and new quests being implemented would be easier and not require too much effort (cept any story-line related quests, or some side quests like cowwy's cheese). You could even make randomized crafting quests.
A generic randomized quest could be done something like this: NPC wants "X" quantity of "Y" item.
A crafting quest could go like this: NPC merchant wants "X" kind of craftable item(s).
And yes, this idea was kinda stolen from wow. But it is a neat idea that shouldn't require a ton of work, and would hopefully keep people quite in the meantime of adding new story quests, classes, races, etc.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

I have got to be the worst communicator ever. I spend 10x more time explaining myself than actually saying what I want. I wasn't angry when I said that, i'm just a little too stir crazy and hopped up on coffee to formulate ideas the way I want to.

Also, I probably did take what you said out of context, i was referring to something I vaguely remember you saying a while ago. It wasn't a case of me warping your words to prove my point, but instead a normal dysfunction of the brain.

I didn't mean to offend you, my main point was to offer my own suggestions on how to keep the game from becoming grinding based and job-like. It wasn't meant to be a personal attack on you, or euo.

On the other hand I was a little offended by your d12 comment. The clan as a whole maybe a lot of things, but I have always tried to stay as independent as possible. I don't think I was involved at all in the D12/KoS drama or any other drama the clan maybe invoved it. I go out of my way to not get involved in any other drama/politics in the game, even to the dismay of my friends/clannies. I'm here solely to enjoy myself, and the company of the friends I have made.

I admit I haven't always been a mature, good-natured person, but now I try my best to be all the time, and I hope you see that reflect in my ideas and actions. Further more I treat this thread as a breeding ground for ideas, I don't expect them all to be good ideas, and they are definitely not all reflections of my personality and/or ideals.

I'm sorry for ranting off topic, it just really bothers me how often I get misconstrued when I whole-heartedly try to be a good person.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Eclips wrote:
I'm sorry for ranting off topic, it just really bothers me how often I get misconstrued when I whole-heartedly try to be a good person.
well that is exactly what you did to me
I still like you tho and hope we can be pals :cow:
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

yeah, I was just being long winded when I should of just said sorry .
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

It would be nice if there was a way to automatically sort containers/bank/inventory alphabetically, or by item type, tint and then level requirement or something.
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

eggmceye wrote: I thought I had firewalled mcdeath :? how is he posting still?
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

PvM arena as a diversion from grinding dungeons.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Lemonope
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Lemonope »

Heres nothing to do with Grinding, but to be able to /msg offline players so they can get the message when they log on.

This makes communication a lot easier.

Anyway just an idea.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

x
Last edited by Keighn on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZUPS!!!!
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

1: instead of using an iron golem sprite for an inanimated golem, it would be nice, if they would look like a statue of the particular golem.
2: GM Farmer can grow her/his own forest golem.
3: enable farming in mines, so player without a house can do some underground farming.
4: wearing a complete set of Shardcrystal, Nightstalker, Ironfist or Frency makes avatar glow.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

x
Last edited by Keighn on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZUPS!!!!
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

Keighn wrote:Rubbish bins display who disposed of what in a 3 square radius.
And if it is something you want, stick your hands in and grab it!
~Mario
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

x
Last edited by Keighn on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZUPS!!!!
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

Hi Egg,

I haven't posted anything lately but this came up and I revised it a few times. :pi:

How about multi-level maps that drop on Maeondir - lvl 16 to 30 that have tougher mixes of mobs and better loot? :smoke: Might be interesting! :headbang: Maybe change the layout - have it start as a cave then the next level looks like an underground fortress that your breaking into? :band: Good way to show off the new tiles. :bandit: Thinking nice long corridors and big rooms with lots of fountains everywhere.

I was thinking the first level would have no chest, but each level after would have a chest. :lesson: So yes a lvl 25 map with 5 levels would have 4 chests. :dancecow: Ladders under the chests would work - but for fun you could have it randomly appear somewhere on the map after finding the chest. :psychotic:

16 like 15's two level map + blood dragons and drakes :D
17 like 16's two level map + shadow warriors and mages X-D
18 like 17's two level map + blood warriors and mages :P
19 like 18 three level map + shadowlords :)
20 like 19 three level map + bloodlords :-S
21 like 20 three level map + blood wyvern(s) :abject:
22 like 21 four level map + blood queen(s) :--;:
23 like 22 four level map + random scripted boss - easy :-|
24 like 22 four level map + random scripted boss - easy :(
25 like 22 five level map + random scripted boss - normal :uhh:
26 like 22 five level map + random scripted boss - normal :shock:
27 like 22 five level map + random scripted boss - normal :psychotic:
28 like 22 six level map + random scripted boss - hard :no:
29 like 22 six level map + random scripted boss - hard :knife:
30 like 22 six level map + random scripted boss - hard :owned:

While I'm wishing ill ask for more fountains to be in the harder maps too...love fountains. :cheese:

I guess you could call them treasure events almost. Great find - would be a great thing to roll over... :pimp:

This should get you going...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC2gIPnUCgw I need what he had to eat. :twisted:
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

After 100% crafting and enchanting you can find blue prints for mini artifacts and you can make.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

x
Last edited by Keighn on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

x
Last edited by Keighn on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

x
Last edited by Keighn on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZUPS!!!!