Ideas thread 2011

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Gildur
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Re: Ideas thread 2011

Post by Gildur »

on the /w output you could differentiate between servers with color, red for PD, green for reg and so on.
my God, it's full of stars...
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

I think you missed the point, and I pointed out that there would be no XP sharing, so you wouldn't be hunting with others if you're from a different server.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

it's not happening anyway so you can stop arguing about it
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

eggmceye wrote: Image
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

Does that picture mean we are going to get kangaroos in-game?
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol

Post by ibrowniedefender »

i like this one better tbh
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

Player v. monster tournaments
RaynWisp

Post by RaynWisp »

Gulnar wrote:A couple fishing ideas:

1 Making reeling in less time sensitive, but quality of catch and amount of skill gained declines with increasing delay. You always catch something (no "it got away") if you hit tab in the first second or so. You can still reel in (and bump skill) after as much as say 15 seconds, but it'll get away or you'll get a log at best.

2 Nets. You can cast a net/fish trap and leave it out for a long time (several minutes) and reel it in wherever you feel like. Catch (and amount of skill bump) is affected by the length of time the net is out. Maybe you get 1 fish/minute the net is out. Like old automated fishing, but with lower yields.

3 Bait. Using different baits gives you a better chance of catching certain things, but more importantly, gives you a larger skill bump. Probably have different skill minimums for different baits. This would make fishing a little more like other crafting skills.

4. Faster skill bump. Keep fishing as it is, but raise the rate at which skill increases. Right now it's just about the slowest skill to raise. I'm amazed at how quick mining now goes up compared to the old days; fishing seems just as slow as ever, and it now requires actually paying attention to the computer.
I love idea 2 and 3. Idea 1 would make it hard to fish if even a touch of lag is in, it would also make it so you couldnt chat, which is what the game's all about. Idea 4 is ok, imo, but only if the other 3 wouldnt get in. Fishing is rather slow.

As far as cross-server communication, I dont think it would boost other servers. I know alot of people dont play PD because they die alot. And from what Ive heard from others (and my own opinion) people dont play NG because the restrictions are fairly high. I only used it a few times to test out new chars, but I do that on Alpha now anyway. I dont think it would cause lag, but that 'safe-zone' outside nord would just make it nearly impossible for me to pvp. Since most pvp takes place outside nord. Its a social place, but also a popular pvp spot, I dont think either should be sacrificed for the other.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Pet health bars in info box.
RaynWisp

Post by RaynWisp »

Eclips wrote:Pet health bars in info box.
YES! LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Perhaps a new targ option? To only target things linked to you (Pets, Summons <bleh>, etc...) Could be semi useless with target lock...
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

New classes and races. Let's go fucking crazy
RaynWisp

Post by RaynWisp »

Mackey wrote:New classes and races. Let's go fucking crazy
Would be nice if we could get Necromancers this year.
Balboa
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balboa »

mobile playable EUO

edit: i'm using Nokia N97 mini and i find it's qwerty keyboard pretty handy, and it would fit like 110% for playing EUO
Eye of the banjo
RaynWisp

Post by RaynWisp »

Balboa wrote:mobile playable EUO

edit: i'm using Nokia N97 mini and i find it's qwerty keyboard pretty handy, and it would fit like 110% for playing EUO
Idk if many smartphones are even compatible with the Allegro client...
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Add more mini games perhaps?
I love dtk, but i'd like to see more than that - as well as more "innovative" mini games. Like LM's Rampage idea (yes, i know he was just drawing that up for fun, still any kind of non-standard fighting euo mini game would be cool).

Maybe gambling games? After all, we already have the "roll" function.
Board games even? Mancala is my all-time favorite.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

Lower or no cool-down time for crafting when you GM that skill. Takes way too long to make Mega pots and GHS/Protect scrolls
Casualty
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Casualty »

RaynWisp wrote:
Balboa wrote:mobile playable EUO

Idk if many smartphones are even compatible with the Allegro client...
None are, but if Egg wanted to he could port the OpenGL client to Android via libDSL.

http://libsdl-android.sourceforge.net/

With the mouse control being emulated by touchscreen this would work pretty good on most Android 2.1 phones and tablets. Playing EUO on my Nook Color would be a dream come true <3
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

sortable bank inv comin soon
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Taming is quite possibly the most frustrating skill in the game. Hours of work and I still have to put more hours in to get a black or red dragon. Maybe there can be a system that allows you to feed your drake certain things or fulfill certain requirements to make them more likely to evolve into a certain dragon.

Also, in the scoreboard topic you were taking about how when the game starts to become a job, its time to quit. I agree with this, but your development lately, imo, has been against this statement. You've mentioned several times before than you're not really down for more quests, and across the years i've been playing I hardly see maps getting added to the game.

To me quests and new maps lead to exploration and bring a sense of novelty to the game. Game play will never be perfect, no matter how many improvements you make. Maybe the time has come to shift away from pure game play development to new maps/quests.

Not only should there be new maps, but NPCs and stories attached to them as well. I used to love being a newb years ago and running around extensive maps like mountains pass, VoT and tangled and finding new areas, talking to npcs, and finding notes and secrets left in the map.

That was what originally drew me to the game. It wasn't the gameplay, which was rather basic back then, it was the story attached to it all, and the actual sense of adventure hunting gave. I used to say every word in the dictionary to NPCs in the hopes of finding quests or at least history of sosaria.

Maybe you can have map making contests. You can even have specific requirements for the maps; themes, map+storyline, maps+quests, low-mid-high difficulty, straightforward maps vs puzzle maps etc.

/end ranting
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

x
Last edited by Keighn on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZUPS!!!!