Ideas thread 2011

Moderator: EUO Moderators

mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Re: Ideas thread 2011

Post by mud »

Enchanted lock picks and probes, analogous to magic magnifying glasses.
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

have /lcm show inactive clan members.
WildWolfofDark
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by WildWolfofDark »

Inserting auto-fishing might help. Add pet light radius to player view.

How about a way to see current min/max damage total with your current weapons? (No, not the weapons themselves, but with STR and Dex bonuses applied)

Add player titles for specific quests or DM events.
Gildur

Post by Gildur »

Tank stance - we all who use it knows what it does, no need to spam half the screen with what the stance does. ([tank stance] is all that is needed on the screen)
my God, it's full of stars...
Gildur

Post by Gildur »

double post for the win!

Guards in cities, make some of them tougher, and bosses. that way ppl can have a criminal career and get good loot off it
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol

Post by ibrowniedefender »

boss guards dont drop items anyway silly :p
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

Hey egg. How's the flooding down thar.
~Mario
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

it's about 700 miles north of where I live, and it's pretty bad- thanks for askin
-
the best is the dude gasping like a woman lmao
swifty
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by swifty »

Damn, hopefully all goes as well as possible.

This is for pets - Mostly everyone using dragons now days, make melee monsters (golemns bla etc.) / monsters with "hands" able to carry a single or dual weapons (not extreme damage doing or anythhing just perk to make non drags better pets or more usefull) even tinted enchant weapons. just make the monster weak or something - just being able to use the enchant would be sweet and alot of help from melee monster pets. Actually make them worth being around.
Gulnar
on lolpatrol

Post by Gulnar »

A couple fishing ideas:

1 Making reeling in less time sensitive, but quality of catch and amount of skill gained declines with increasing delay. You always catch something (no "it got away") if you hit tab in the first second or so. You can still reel in (and bump skill) after as much as say 15 seconds, but it'll get away or you'll get a log at best.

2 Nets. You can cast a net/fish trap and leave it out for a long time (several minutes) and reel it in wherever you feel like. Catch (and amount of skill bump) is affected by the length of time the net is out. Maybe you get 1 fish/minute the net is out. Like old automated fishing, but with lower yields.

3 Bait. Using different baits gives you a better chance of catching certain things, but more importantly, gives you a larger skill bump. Probably have different skill minimums for different baits. This would make fishing a little more like other crafting skills.

4. Faster skill bump. Keep fishing as it is, but raise the rate at which skill increases. Right now it's just about the slowest skill to raise. I'm amazed at how quick mining now goes up compared to the old days; fishing seems just as slow as ever, and it now requires actually paying attention to the computer.
kaiser's Tranos: The rulers of the aceint times lands, the most powerfull and feared carnovours, or whore they.
Morpheus
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Morpheus »

That's a cool idea..

Reeling is fine i think but nets would be nice..
Here's my extension on that idea..

Player can only use Nets while on raft (and (s)he can't attack or move while it's down)

Nets can be *made* by tinkerers

So, you can also catch bigger fishes like Sharks, Squids, (Crabs?)... (for meat?) the only thing is that you'd have to fight them all ( or use harpoons? )... Maybe some more types of fish monsters be added like piranha, salmon, paralyzing jelly fishes, electric eels etc or something... this would make leveling fishing a bit easier (and lot more fun than just sitting and hitting tab)
Gildur

Post by Gildur »

ibrowniedefender wrote:boss guards dont drop items anyway silly :p
now that was the idea in the first place, make it worth while to be a criminal, you can live in bucc and raid other cities, anyways..
hellslave
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by hellslave »

A lot of people are dissuaded from playing NG and PD servers largely because nobody else is ever on them. It would be cool to have the servers running in parallel so that members of any server could interact with each other. This would mean everyone would need flagged for their particular server and a ruleset implemented which would most likely be a hell of a lot of work. Another suggestion along the same lines would be to have the 1 server, but at character creation you decide which game-mode you want to play, at which point you get teleported to an appropriate instance (essentially all the servers running as an instance on a single server.) Not sure how scalable EUO is in order to make this happen (essentially making the server 3-4 times bigger than at current), however it has the benefit of having all the players clumped together able to chat to each other rather than mainly focussed on reg with the odd spattering on other servers

TL;DR A merger of reg and NG/PG servers.
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand :jam:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

it's a pretty utopian idea - maybe like the area outside nord is the shared area, but when you leave that, you are then seamlessly change to the right server & rule set (ie zone) - there would be shared global chat

disadvantages
- if you care about gold, & economies, and I don't, as I think they are completely fabricated and boring, pd/ng economies are ok as is, reg economy is not good
- quite hard to set up

compromise: maybe just shard global chat & whispers?
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

I kind of like Hellslaves idea. Everyone is <quote> on one server </quote>, but PD is "LOTL" to Reg and NG players. Same way with everyone else. Reg = LOTL 2 PD/NG and NG = LOTL 2 PD/Reg. Everyone can comunicate, but you can't transfer items from one "mind set" to the other. That would be extremely intresting. You could still party with your friends and what not, but no XP is shared back and forth.

Having the "/global" go to all servers is neat too, but even sharing global, and you type "/w", what would that show if you're not all on the same server?

/me thinks Hellslave had a great idea. :)

*edit* Err, come to think of it. If we are all on the same server, how could you tell what merchants are "NG" or "PD", and you said no houses on PD/NG. So, if everyone is on one server, then the houses are still "account"ed per person. I still think Hellslave had a great idea, but that would be a ton of hoops to hop, skip, run, and jump through.
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

Just sounds like a great way for eutopia to have massive amount of lag. Imo. But it is a good idea but with some flaws that could most likely be fixed.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

ah, expert on what causes lag
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

eggmceye wrote:ah, expert on what causes lag
It just seems like it. Sorry it was just an opinion not a dead on "thats what gonna happen dont try it."
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/0 ... oding.html

especially this one:
a22_26271921.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

australia owns