Moderator: EUO Moderators

Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Re: Ideas thread 2010

Post by Zzapp »

Keighn wrote:/erase alt command
Best idea iv heard all day. X-D
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Would be nice if towns and other buildings that could be entered show up on the mini map the way ladders do.

Press enter while banking should ask you how much you want to deposit/withdraw.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

here's an exercise for posting ideas: just pretend that for a week monsters stopped spawning and there was nothing to hunt - what could you be doing instead (other than playing something else)?
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

Probably just do quest I havent done yet just for fun. Or possibly just practice my other skills like inscription,alchemy,tinkering,ect.
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

I always wondered why pet's/golems never fought in pvp fights. I think they should.

Also, I'd like to more possible songs (midi files) rather than the current four. Maybe one or two for fighting?
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

Ozimandias wrote:I always wondered why pet's/golems never fought in pvp fights. I think they should.

Also, I'd like to more possible songs (midi files) rather than the current four. Maybe one or two for fighting?

YES! maybe one for fighting like PvP and one for hunting monsters.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

eggmceye wrote:here's an exercise for posting ideas: just pretend that for a week monsters stopped spawning and there was nothing to hunt - what could you be doing instead (other than playing something else)?
Did you guys even read egg's post? :roll:

1) I think I would splash another $10-20 dollars renovating my house. Maybe get the extension I haven't been bothered getting around to buying. Would very much love to turn my house into a mini-zoo.

2) PK-FEST! :rebel:

3) Pirate Wars! Atm any uber player in a raft would kick an actual ship though, rafts need to be nerfed. Maybe give rafts hp like ships, but only 5-10hp so you drown very quickly if you are pking.

4) Read my cartography maps. Would be cool if some of them were instanced quests where you have to solve a series of puzzles/riddles/kill the foozy/retrieve an item/etc before getting an item (but have guaranteed item).

5) Balanced CTF Tournaments! Randomized teams.

6) Open ended DTK. Like Tetris/Galactic Invaders... just keeps coming and coming. Have a DTK scoreboard, which parties/solos get farthest.

7) Explore every map inside out! No monsters to interfere!

8) Organize another "zombie/hide&seek" tag event. More support for this would be cool - have instanced maps for the tag event, prevent cheating, etc.

9) Instanced Maze competitions (like Kybares, only random so the older players dont have an advantage). Instanced Maze PKing competitions. Spice things up a little. :mrgreen:

10) Finish GMing my crafting skills. Some of which would be hard to do while there is no drops, I still think tailoring/armouring etc needs tweaking - in some ways it was easier to GM them before the changes. Now it requires too limited a range of drops to be able to raise crafting skills.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I think he's suggesting people get off their ass and exercise, work, sports, or do something constructive with their lives for a bit and play the game as a leisure recreation rather than a life style.
Last edited by Keighn on Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

actually I'm not - forget it - just close the damn thread already :roll:
ThePred
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by ThePred »

actually, i think the point was stop whining about hunting. there is crafting on the game, and can be very useful if you take the time to do it. This game is not all about hunting y'know? so try something different for a change..make a bandage or two ;)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

it wasn't a point - it was a question
if there was no hunting - what would you suggest (this being an ideas thread apparently :roll: ) you could do in euo instead?

didn't anyone read my 2nd post in the thread?
eggmceye wrote:I think the main focus of euo development from now on should be to provide entertainment other than just more grinding levels. I think mmorpgs are the weakest and most exploitative of game genre and I'm often ashamed that euo has turned into one (tho when it started the word mmorpg didn't exist - I naively just wanted to make a multi player nethack type game)

here's a brainstormed list of things that could be in euo that are not hunting

:knife:
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

In that case it would be nice for a few players could start a tourny. Tournys are fun way to PvP for a prize of some sort. ranging from gold and High statted gear. So pretty much More tournys would be fun not just yearly tournys maye every couple months?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

post new ideas with effort or get the fuck out
Grue
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Grue »

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the type of idea you were looking for, but I'll throw it out there and see what folks think.

How about a new poker mini-game?

Since we do have a wide and varied community of folks, why not have something where we can have several characters sit at a table, and up pops a new table view with some variation of a poker game. Stakes / wagers of sorts could be made, as well as some sort of internalized local chat feature. There wouldn't need to be a centralized location ( although that may be easier to code ), but could be held in peoples houses, or even in town taverns / inns, or even in dungeons ( to provide a challenge to those that may want to ante up ).
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overrides the fear of death. - Speed Freak Motto "
"The Long Run - Daniel Keys Moran"
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

*Farming/Cooking
*Inventory sortable by type (UA, Maces, Staves, etc.) Since this would require a lot of keys you could just make it one key (C for category) and each time you hit it it brings up the next category.
* Jobs that can be done for money, or usable items, such as farming for a NPC who in turn gives you a portion of what you farm. Or kill quests that are reoccurring. Maybe running messages or documents back and forth for npcs?
* You could add some books to the library with some EUO history.
* Excavation: You start digging tunnels in hopes of finding ore/ gems/ items lost and buried underground. Starts with a hole like the ones created in cartography but you have to tunnel them out yourself.
* Quests to find recipes for alchemy/inscription/enchanting.
* Quests to power up or activate items in certain areas. IE: You take a gem to a sacred temple to power it up.
* More NPCs that talk just to talk. (Give bits of history, give hints as to where quests might be)
* Betting arena- you choose between two monsters to bet on in a fight and watch them battle it out, monsters have flexible lvls.
* Invasions/plagues that affect towns until players deal with them.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Music! Don't know if it may all ready beon the drawing board but the ability to play musical instruments might be fun. Back in Ultima 5 the player could play the harpsichord by pressing the number keys. Can't remember if it went onto U6. if players could play music then you could have games of name that tune. also maybe if you are ignoring a player the ability to ignore any music they are playing
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

If possible, Make a mini game where some of the bigger players with some spare goodies cause go and bury their treasure and give out Player Maps. They dont raise cartog. Take 100 cartog to read anyway. And let people go out and hunt for other treasures that players have laid out for em to find. Id participate in that. Letting nooblings hunt for my stuff. Just a idea.

It'd give people something to do when not training. Let the chest its put in be random as well. Always locked, Randomly trapped. Randomly come with Ettins. Maybe even randomly come with caves. Though, Id vote no on the caves. ;)
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

Crafting back into NG, since we have to find all the items we own, we should be able to craft them too. It would be so nice to make an ebony staff and transfer it. :D
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

Sea Farming...use a series of nets (purchasable or creatable) to set up a sea farm and then defend it from sea creatures, in order to catch alot of fish and possibly an item or two after a predetermined time limit. GM fishing needed...of course...possibly a tier 2 skill - as in only trainable after GM fishing?
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
Odell
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Odell »

eggmceye wrote:here's an exercise for posting ideas: just pretend that for a week monsters stopped spawning and there was nothing to hunt - what could you be doing instead (other than playing something else)?
I know this is long and you said that you want them short, but I have to give my reasoning and where/why it could be used. :)

Some ideas that I like are some of the ones more productive. Cooking, farming, hunter/hunting, different ways to fish(harpoons, nets, cages), breeding, more TP's, there are others, I just forgot what they were, I'll start writing them down. :D

Cooking - whatever you "fish" and catch, there should be a cooking skill so that you can cook them before you eat it. We wouldn't want to get sick off of raw foos now would we? We can have stoves, or be able to take a log, and a torch (or match) and make a fire and cook it over an open fire. You can add hunting to this too, whatever you hunt, you can cook and eat too, not just what you fish.

Farming - While you are cutting and chopping away at trees, you can get seeds. Take the seeds to the local "garden" and plant them. This you could also cook, make stews, or whatever.

Hunter/hunting - Add to crafting a "trap" making item. You take a trap, set the trap and run back a few spaces, and the creature that you are "hunting" will get trapped, then you can take whatever it is that you just killed you can take and cook. (this would be good for the "LoTL" people on PD, and I just like the idea.)

More fishing - I like fishing, but I don't like to only use fishing rods. What if we had harpoons, and nets, and/or cages. I don't know what we would catch with them, but it would be something new added to an old skill to get more people into doing fishing again.

Breeding - Take two pets (of the same creature) and make an off spring. This would be time consuming but it would be something intresting to do and have fun. It would be new tiles to make, i.e. cribs for your house?? So on and so forth. You can't take a red dragon and a blue dragon and make a purple, nothing stupid like that, but this could be a good chance to bring back the pet transfers. Whatever you tame, you can not give off to someone, but if you tame two of them and make on offspring, you can trade/sell that. This would also be more difficult for dragons. You would have to take a drake, raise it and lets say you get a fire. Then you'd have to try for another fire in order to make that off spring, you can't take another dragon to do so.

More TP's - For fighters and now mages and rogues because there is no more Extells or Kybares, we can have more TP's that can take us to a specific town. You can add Sandy Valley to that, but unless you have done and completed the Black stone, you cannot use it. They don't have to be color coated, but they can/will be labeled. This can add to more inscription.

And like I said, there are others, I just forgot. :D

(TO EGG) This is stuff that I would want to do if there was no creatures. Hell, even if there were monsters to fight, I like all of these and I would do them. :)

*edit* - Something else that I wanted to say that I forgot to put inthere about the farming and the breeding. When we start off with farming, we can start off with some "baby animals". Raise those on the "Farm" and "Breed" those. When they get to an Adult state, breed them to have babies. I don't know about this skill or whatever going over, but you are wanting this to be about crafting, and skills, and other stuffs. Not about mass leveling, I think this would get peoples mind off of the mass leveling and try it out.

What does everyone think about some/all of these?
*Make a difference about something other than yourselves.

*A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.