Ideas thread 2010

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Re: Ideas thread 2010

Post by Ozimandias »

Clans should have a rank system. The Clan Leader would create name-able ranks that could be the following:

LEADER: CAN ASSIGN RANKS, ACCESS TO A "SPECIAL CHEST" (and the stuff all the below)
2ND IN COMMAND: CAN INVITE AND EJECT PLAYERS, CAN CREATE CLANHALL KEYES ACCESS CLAN CHESTS, USE CLAN CHAT
3RD IN COMMAND: CAN INVITE PLAYERS, CAN CREATE CLANHALL KEYES, ACCESS CLAN CHESTS, USE CLAN CHAT
MEMBER: CAN ACCESS CLAN CHESTS, USE CLAN CHAT
LOW MEMBER: CAN USE CLAN CHAT
NEWCOMMER: IS "JUST A MEMBER" (an initiate, if you wIil, or maybe a "clanner on probation" of some sort)
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

I would like to see mailboxes in EUO. Kind of how WoW's mailboxes work, can mail items and messages with cash in them, that would be great addition to the game.
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

I can imagine mail getting lost :/
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

mail backend is already done, that is how avs and stones get delivered, just gota do the interface, but I'm not that enthused abt it really
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

Criminal pardons. 100 gold per 1 second? It'd be like 20k to pay off just killing one person so.. Its kinda spendy enough to make you think "Hmm.. Maybe i should.. Maybe i shouldnt.." ? I dont know. I have to much crim time atm.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
jumpstart

Post by jumpstart »

Flamesoffire wrote:Criminal pardons. 100 gold per 1 second? It'd be like 20k to pay off just killing one person so.. Its kinda spendy enough to make you think "Hmm.. Maybe i should.. Maybe i shouldnt.." ? I dont know. I have to much crim time atm.
I actually like this idea somewhat. The thing is though, you can med with full crim at sacrifice, and it'll be gone in 30 or so minutes.
I can see some people doing it however; the people who have to play EUO for every minute they get.
~Mario
jointster
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by jointster »

jumpstart wrote:
Flamesoffire wrote:Criminal pardons. 100 gold per 1 second? It'd be like 20k to pay off just killing one person so.. Its kinda spendy enough to make you think "Hmm.. Maybe i should.. Maybe i shouldnt.." ? I dont know. I have to much crim time atm.
I actually like this idea somewhat. The thing is though, you can med with full crim at sacrifice, and it'll be gone in 30 or so minutes.
I can see some people doing it however; the people who have to play EUO for every minute they get.
it would make a good money sink.... helping the euo economy ftw
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

if you want a money sink, just delete 95% of the gold from all lvl 100+'s. They don't need gold much anyways :)
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

Me and goemon was talking about newbies and we came up with the idea that all new players should automatically join some chat channel where they could ask for help and whatnot. Instead of either walking about totally clueless or whispering random people asking for help. You would be able to leave the channel of course.

Then some way perhaps of identifying those who knows(or should know) a lot about the game. Maybe a [V](eteran) tag in front of their names. They'd either be appointed by Egg or everyone above a certain level(100?).
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

That is a great idea. I was once a noob (still am at heart, heheh) that was too scared to ask a lot of questions - for fear of mackey yelling at me LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON :P

Seriously, though, we should have noob channel that gives new account characters an option at character creation. Maybe a "checkbox" or something on the creation of the first character
... or perhaps a mandatory chat channel that always starts for new accounts. Then, at a certain level, you could leave if you want to.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

Chat boxes? "n"oob channel and "v"eterans channel veterans being level 100+ to enter the chatroom?
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

Zzapp wrote:Chat boxes? "n"oob channel and "v"eterans channel veterans being level 100+ to enter the chatroom?
It would be the same channel. It would work the same as any other chat channel currently works(for example /g (global) or /t (trade)). The Veteran part would mainly just be an e-peen thing to act as an incentive, but also something to signal experience to those whose asking for help, which might be good if they get two contradicting answers.

Another way to help the "newbs" could be to implement some sort of mentor system. You sign up as someone's mentor(which is basically saying that it's okay to bother them with questions and try to bother them instead of other people that's not as inclined to help new players. Maybe some sort of reward if the "pupil" reach a certain level(about 50? If they've gotten that far they're most likely hooked already ;) ), maybe something like a random item or 5 addy coins. Of course you'd then have to limit how many pupils someone can have to avoid exploitation, also you'd have to be a certain level to be able to be a mentor.
swifty
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by swifty »

Making spray n pray able to actually hit 4 times on 1target. it only hits once, and I think it should hit 4 times beings mages can sleep almost every time in pvp.
on lolpatrol

Post by 1 »

The idea of "blank dragon" pets was brought up in chat recently and I thought this was a great idea. Having a purchasable dragon pet for 50 addy coins that required 100 taming to get is really interesting. Having a few spell slots for the dragon to cast whatever spells you want would add a lot of flavor to pets.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

A player's rage should increase when they damage a monster with spells since most mages use magic to fight monsters instead of using weapons. To make it less cheesey you could base the rage increase on the number of sorcery spells cast rather than the raw damage, perhaps casting higher lvl spells will increase rage faster?
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

If that got put into place, what would cause their rage to decrease? Everything you'd do, other than MR cleave would increase your rage and your damage.
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

If it were limited to have rage only increase for sorcery spells (or spells that cause damage) and only have it be based on number of spells cast rather than number of monsters hit then it would be closer to the way rage bumps for fighters or rogues whenever they hit a monster. Plus rage would still decrease over time if the player isn't involved in any combat.
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Yeah what I'm saying tho, is that rage builds for fighters and they use it. If mages aren't using their rage at all, 3 or 4 seconds into a fight they will have full rage for the rest of the fight no matter what. You might as well give them a perm buff.
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Well mages could use rage for mana cleave which penetrates a targets magic resistance so you can fight Shadow Warriors. I'm not saying that rage should increase the effectiveness of their spells or anything like that, just that it should increase when dealing damage with magic spells. Once they use mana cleave the rage gos back down to zero and the ability to use mana cleave would be the only benefit that mages would receive from rage.
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Keller Shank: It's cool having a weapon with 3 different enchants on it, but the way it works makes it less useful than a weapon with any of those enchants on it. It either needs a +5 AS like other enchants, or the spells need to separated so they can trigger independently. Right now the weapon just acts like a +0 enchanted weapon that triggers as often as a normal enchant. As it stands right now, normal enchants are better because they have +5 as and you can predict what spell they will use.