Ideas thread 2010

Moderator: EUO Moderators

LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: Ideas thread 2010

Post by LaughingCoyote »

I did a chess board in EUO ages ago with player housing, but you needed the house owner to move the pieces with a renovation wand for both sides.

Hmm... can't find it on forum search. Wierd.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

It would be sweet if when you said "Stay" to a pet in your house it wandered anywhere in your house. Just watch out that it doesn't eat all your food and shit on your rugs.
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Do pets even have stats? I'm starting to wonder if even my golem has a static attack, defense and mr and only his HP changes with level.

I know egg has said he's planning on revising pets, which'd be awesome. If they can grow stats other than hp while leveling, then they'd be stronger than ones you fight in the wild.

Also, golems (atleast golems) should be able to be outfitted with a weapon cuz their humanoid. Maybe armor and shield, too?

And how about buyable "mini-spells" for your golems and maybe intelligent pets (ie, no snakes or rats with the revive spell).
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I actually started on eclips's req last nite - but lost interest when problems started surfacing.

Said problems revolve around map loading and unloading (when they aren't being used). Also currently, a staying pet will force a map to never unload. For some reason I felt like chging this so that unloading a map will unload any pets (this makes sense). This change works basically ok, but I have had other stupid problems arise ... like pet not loading at all, pet+clone loading ...

As part of eclips's req, I also made it so that telling yr pet to stay in your house will not make it get cross with you (btw looking at this 'pet is not near master' code I think pets are getting cross too quickly! after all these years ...)
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Keighn wrote:Church & Gods.
I'd like to see this in euo (not IRL religions and Gods, otherwise heated arguments could get started, :P).

Infact, I have this idea for church and gods:

-Option to join a religious "faction" or "cult" that's connected directly to a specific shrine in New Sosaria. It could show up in your status screen and char page in the armoury.
-Make a pilgrimage to that shrine and donate gold for temporary stat bonuses.
-a series of "cult quests" that are only available to YOUR religious faction (i.e. virtue only quests, compassion only quests, etc), that could gain you "rank" in your religion. These might take a while to make for each shrine.
-Cult Wars! Like the Clan wars, only for your religious faction.
-Once you've beaten all the religion quests of your shrine, maybe you could also join one of the Maeondir shrines/cults?
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

Ozimandias wrote:
Keighn wrote:Church & Gods.
I'd like to see this in euo (not IRL religions and Gods, otherwise heated arguments could get started, :P).

Infact, I have this idea for church and gods:

-Option to join a religious "faction" or "cult" that's connected directly to a specific shrine in New Sosaria. It could show up in your status screen and char page in the armoury.
-Make a pilgrimage to that shrine and donate gold for temporary stat bonuses.
-a series of "cult quests" that are only available to YOUR religious faction (i.e. virtue only quests, compassion only quests, etc), that could gain you "rank" in your religion. These might take a while to make for each shrine.
-Cult Wars! Like the Clan wars, only for your religious faction.
-Once you've beaten all the religion quests of your shrine, maybe you could also join one of the Maeondir shrines/cults?
I like this idea better than mine. I was thinking more along the lines of greek gods. But what you said about the cults connected to a shrine could become very intresting. maybe the shrine gives you extral stat ppoints instead of 6 go up to 7-8 stat gain? I dont know. But very nice idea i would like to see this in the game as well.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I don't like the sound of having to write more quests ...

I'd prefer to see a number of different churches (to different deities or whatever) spring up - and joining one basically simply gives you a set of perks (such that net gain of the said perks is zero, so as to make being an atheist equally attractive)
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Well, I thought maybe religion/shrine/church quests would be cool.

Maybe some day if there can be a thing like "Random Quests," like in most of Daggerfall's quests. That way, you could just have the game generate a simple quest when the player talks to a priest/priestess of the religion rather than having to draw up original ones for each cult by yourself. Again, maybe later down the road?

Also, about the "rank" idea of you in your religious faction that I had: Perhaps the higher rank, the cheaper donations for temp stat bonuses (ie, STR + 10 for 30 minutes or until you log off, no stacking), or maybe the better perks you have at your choosing. Maybe even have secret church "bazaars" (a store) only available to higher ranks.

The ranks could range like this: Layman, Initiate, Monk/Nun, Priest/Priestess, etc.

Just think it'd be something to add.
wishIwasDM
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by wishIwasDM »

looks like crusades are coming back in style
:flame:
would like to see special move being disabled on unlocked doors/mages rage going up SLIGHTLY from casting(melee/getting hit just don't cut it)
The snake only strikes when the stars are aligned.
Cult
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Cult »

Last edited by Cult on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

... k?

Moving on, I read somewhere that Egg had the goal of making more classes (first or second post in this thread?).

Here's an idea for the Bard one that he mentioned: They can use music as a means to alter combat in their favor!

EXAMPLE:

Battle Ballad: Caster and party members in range gain double chances to score critical hits for 3 minutes.

Scandalous Sounds: Enemies attacking player will now usually miss for 3 minutes.
wishIwasDM
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by wishIwasDM »

sounds like souped up vs/purple pot...you have to balance the scales, not use a rock and feather
ie super-awesome-mega-skill-bonus for free, bard would have to suffer in a way, maybe less xp or something...seems like it might be reusing what's already implemented thogh
The snake only strikes when the stars are aligned.
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

As stated, those were just "Examples" of my concept. Surely someone could come up with better things than that.

Also, if there will be bards, then they might require their own specialized weapons. I was thinking of adding musical instruments as a weapon.

Other than bashing someone over the head with a big-ass lute (which'd be totally badass), maybe the bard could be the only class to use instruments to play battle enhancing music.
Maybe, instead of time limits for how long the effects last, their mana could be drained for every second they continue to play the instrument?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Thing is about religion in ultima is its pretty weird compared to earthly religions. I took a gander at the book writing competition and it looks like something could be made from that, Avatar, Shadowlords, dwarves disappears from Kazadoom, etc. There's stuff to work with. I just don't have time to do much of anything these days.

I still say, Sex, drugs, booze, and rock n roll, + gambling = a mega hit.

Olympics of some sort would be cool.

Target shooting with cannons or clay pidgeon shooting.

Bring back the save the cow game.

How hard would it be to make mini games with a new interface pop up in euo. (think Questron and the various gambling and temple games that could happen).

Simple games like go fish. Gah too long a post.
Last edited by Keighn on Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Other than miscellaneous fighting, I don't see how olympics could be implemented, since those with high DEX would prolly win anything with running in it, and I can't think of anything else, actually.

How about a "Defend the Giant Crab" minigame?

I haven't seen crabs in new Sosaria in a while, and what fun would it be to defend something that can actually kick your ass?
Just make sure it doesn't create regular crabs or it would get to easy.
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

sorry for double posting, but...
Keighn wrote: Simple games like go fish.
Dude, this game would be even more awesome if there could be some kind of mini card game built into it!

What if, instead of regular playing cards, there were collectible EUO themed cards?

i.e. , the Snake card, Forest Golem card, etc.
Odell
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Odell »

Ozimandias wrote:sorry for double posting, but...
Keighn wrote: Simple games like go fish.
Dude, this game would be even more awesome if there could be some kind of mini card game built into it!

What if, instead of regular playing cards, there were collectible EUO themed cards?

i.e. , the Snake card, Forest Golem card, etc.

I like the collectible card thing. One card per creature in the game. Everything from rat/spider to wyvern/blood lord. We could make a Collectors box at 100 woodcrafting to keep them all in. I like that one. OR. Egg was talking about books. Some people have books with those protective card cover thingys. We could buy empty books and clear sheets to keep the cards in. X-D
*Make a difference about something other than yourselves.

*A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

PVM Tournys. People could go a certain number of rounds vs a monster or horde. Making it to the end grants you a useless trophy item. Maybe do them only once and a while and have then go on until the person dies and the people who go farthest in their division win. I guess you could also set it up like the one skullthrones keep and make the next wave only spawn once the first is dead.
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

Is there a way to earn quests by your lvl? Cause if so, Then there can be new quests that are a pain but they help you figure out whats good for your lvl kinda? For example, There can be a guy that you talk to that'll say

"Oh your level 45? Hunt minotuar's till you find (Quest item here, Maybe monster trophy? so for this example, A minotuar trophy??) then return to me."

Reward can be money, Or a decent item for your level? He can ask if you want str, dex, int, nv, mr, vig or defence, And give you a item you ask for. Dunno, Thought it'd be kinda cool.

Also. Magic bandies. Bandies that heal mana! Buahahahahha.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Oh hell ya, adding to ideas, each monster type has an extremely rare chance to drop a card (actually 2 if you include boss card which might list every possible name for that monster type. We need a card graphic though. The drop should be easier to find than an artifact though. I think what would be really interesting is if you used the card it would show some simple data of the monster (akin to reading a book but just 1 page).

Cards are not soulbound and could be traded. EXTREMELY RARE cards would be for mobs like Angela the Phoenix and such that are placed. Later on maybe pvp Cards.

Problem is this just inspires more killing but might be a money sink for trades.
Last edited by Keighn on Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.