Ideas thread 2010

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Ideas thread 2010

Post by Keighn »

Speaking of taunt, has anyone used it effectively? I really want to try this out with one of my characters after some uber blasts the near crap out of tough mob just to see if its working right. I can imagine a heavy tank using this a lot.
i) fighters, a use for tactics:
at 100 tactics (or whatever %) you can go into 'tank stance' where you have +50% mr, +50% def but do -50% dmg

ii) the str/dex thing irritates me for fighters - there are 3 ratios to choose from: 90/10 (poles, maces), 75/25 (axes), 50/50 (ls) - it kinda locks you down to one (or 2) weapon types
could make ls & ax 60/40 or 70/30 (and give out free respecs to anyone with 100 fighter)
this only partially solves it by creating 2 fighter stat builds - one is slightly more hp heavy
Just make them the opposite of Rogues and be 75/25. I'm not too worried on pd as lvls come fast enough and my guys aren't that high. The free respecs would be appreciated on reg.

This leaves you later on to keep monks at a solid 50/50 for weapons which may or may not include staves. Note on tank stance: be sure its vs. melee and magic damage.
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

Yea I'd say make all fighter weapon skills 75/25. Monks can be the 50/50 class when they get implemented. You could create a barbarian class that could have a 90/10 ratio if you wanted to have a slow but high hp melee fighter type.

Is there anyway to make the stat ratio dependent on the class instead of the weapon? For example, a fighter using a axe would have to have a 75/25 ratio to get optimum damage and AS but a barbarian using an axe would have to have a 90/10 ratio for optimum damage and AS. The reasoning for this is that each class is going to use the weapon differently (the barbarian is just going to swing the axe as hard as he can at an opponent but the fighter would use a little more technique with his attacks). This opens up the possibility of classes sharing weapons and not suffering a deficit in damage and AS because they don't have the correct stat balance.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

I second Keighn's idea about the 75/25 str/dex ratio, but in exchange i propose to reduce the numbers of special attacks a weapon type can have, or like i said earlier make the effect of the special moves depend on the weapon type.
LS: 100% flurry, 75% cleaving, 50% bloodbold
Axes: 100% cleaving, 75% flurry, 50% thunderclap
and so on...

Maybe rage should be increasing slower for the benefit of buffed special moves. Which reminds me that cleaving is still nerfed (cleave status with 5 secs is out of syn with bleeding status with 3 secs on the mob), which makes it more difficult to kill mobs that can heal themselves. :cry:

cheers,
the weeping fighter
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

What was cleave before? Yeah a Barbarian class would be pretty cool as would the Bard that has been shelved for a bit. We should probably brainstorm these ideas in the RFC - Classes thread.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Keighn wrote:What was cleave before? Yeah a Barbarian class would be pretty cool as would the Bard that has been shelved for a bit. We should probably brainstorm these ideas in the RFC - Classes thread.
5 seconds respectively as far as i know. Was changed because mages had a hard time against shadow/blood warriors. But since bandages give 10 secs immunity to bleeding after the first hit is cured i think the time should be up again. Hope i got that right. I am not a mage, so i do know if this might give you a hard time again.
hellslave
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by hellslave »

Targetting as a priest is too difficult atm (we need 3 hands - F-binds, numpad, tab, or F-binds, mouse, tab)

Ideas:

Allow target cycle to be remapped (tab is too far away from the F-key binds (left hand) and the num-pad (right hand)) - numpad + would be ideal for this IMO.

The "Targeting good creatures." crosshair isn't blatant enough, I find it blends in too much with the green health bar of party members - perhaps make it blue or change the party health bar in the stats pane green on the current target as someone else suggested a while ago?

When priests are providing support there is usually 1 person tanking the damage i.e. only 1 person really needs healed. General movement means they stop targetting this player, even moving relatively in sync if one player stands on top of another it screws up the targetting - allow for a "target lock" so that even if the targetted player moves out of range or is stood on by another party member they are the only ones that can be targetted and will be as soon as they are in range again. Not sure how to implement this one, maybe double click the player-name in the stats pane to toggle lock on/off
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand :jam:
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

Cursed food should be rarer than it currently is. It's especially tough on newbies who don't know better. There should be a message whenever you pick up a cursed food item. Something like: "This X smells funny!" where X is the food item.
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

Give draconians a fire damage bonus? Give polymorph'd dragon form a fire damage bonus?

On a more intricate note, I was thinking about online player merchant shopping via the armoury. How cool would it be if you could click on something in the merch search interface and have it instantly delivered to your account?
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

That could work in theory.

EUO ONLINE SHOPPING!
Log ON.
Select a character (reg, pd, ng)
Hit shop tab
Gold in Alts bank displayed
Type in search
Buy stuff

I think dracs have enough perks atm. The RFC Race thread probably shows the number of perks per race. WHERE'S DA DWARF?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Adamantium jewelry
Venomous, vampyric, addled, barbed, runed armours.
Diamond Armour
Spiked Armour
Silver armour updgrade
Silver weapon upgrade
=========================>See below

Diamond Armours that reduce all damage by 25% (initially I was thinking 50% but that's pretty high). Maybe 10% base +5% per + (magical and melee)

Glass armours.... reflect magical attacks but melee attacks on the armour have a % to shatter the armour.

Spiked armours (not really a tint but a type of armour) works much like silver does vs undead except vs any melee mob. (maybe causes 10% of the damage)

Silver armours reflect back say 15% of the damge inflicted. + 5% per + to undead. possibility to flee when striking it.

Silver weapons have a % chance to cause dread in undead and force them to flee until they rally their courage (much like the AXC spell).
Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Rusty76 wrote:Yea I'd say make all fighter weapon skills 75/25.
I agree with Rusty, i know i use polearms right now and i have nice weapons that are not the polearm type that i wish i could use but i cant with my build. :-S
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

Have TPs stick around for a few minutes on disconnect. Would make the occasional network disconnect much less painful.
Last edited by mud on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

hellslave wrote:Targetting as a priest is too difficult atm (we need 3 hands - F-binds, numpad, tab, or F-binds, mouse, tab)

Ideas:

Allow target cycle to be remapped (tab is too far away from the F-key binds (left hand) and the num-pad (right hand)) - numpad + would be ideal for this IMO.

The "Targeting good creatures." crosshair isn't blatant enough, I find it blends in too much with the green health bar of party members - perhaps make it blue or change the party health bar in the stats pane green on the current target as someone else suggested a while ago?

When priests are providing support there is usually 1 person tanking the damage i.e. only 1 person really needs healed. General movement means they stop targetting this player, even moving relatively in sync if one player stands on top of another it screws up the targetting - allow for a "target lock" so that even if the targetted player moves out of range or is stood on by another party member they are the only ones that can be targetted and will be as soon as they are in range again. Not sure how to implement this one, maybe double click the player-name in the stats pane to toggle lock on/off
I wrote:How about a new targetting function for party members only ("Targetting party members"). The way this would work is for the healer he uses the tab button to cycle thru his party members, but instead of cycling thru the player avatars you'd would be cycling thru their hp % bar in the stat window. This would make it way more efficient since party members can stand on top of eachother and your crosshairs are constantly moving off the person you want to heal. The person whose hp % bar is selected could maybe show in green font for easy sight.

The only thing I could see wrong with this is area of effect. It would have to stay the same - within 5 squares or whatever and able to see the person.

/end awesome idea
especially important now that party members can stack on top of eachother
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

I am picking up on something Keighn posted at the "better homes of new sosoria":
Why not make an invisible container/merchant that can be placed on nearly everything in your house, like bookshelves, barrels, cup boards, real chests (not mimics) and so on.

Other idea would be a small stable in your house for livestock like cows and chickens aswell as the option to buy a well from Ikea - might have been posted before though.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

hellslave wrote:Targetting as a priest is too difficult atm
now you can come and heal me shawty and wang
eggmceye wrote:17 july - moa 0.98.3
Improved targeting for healers
(don't forget you can edit client.cfg to make a thicker crosshair large_crosshair=1)
* targeted party member name is in green in stats box
* changed good aligned crosshair to blue
* target locking - ctrl-L to lock your crosshair on one target (lock it on the damn tank!!)
* numpad+ also cycles targets (and shift numpad+)
* shouldn't lose target when some party member stands on top of your target
* a locked target (or any party target) can be a little further away than 4 squares before they become untargetted
( you can't hit the next targ button and pick up anyone inc party member that is beyond 4 sq tho - but once they are targetted they can move between 4-7 sq and stay targetted, and if locked, can go out of range and back into 7sq range and be instantly targetted again)
xShawtyx
Good morning, Captain.

Post by xShawtyx »

eggmceye wrote: now you can come and heal me shawty and wang
Haha yeah! Then you get can turned on by my battle roar... but just a side note.. if you ask if thats what I sound like during you know what.... ( like you did when I died and screamed) Ima shank you!
Egg chopped off his arm to get rid of a rash, but its okay.. it'll grow back! He's a crab. Trist is my Fav TrollFace!!
ChrisCooper

Post by ChrisCooper »

Battlemage class. I'm tired of all this medium and heavy armor +int floating around that mages can't effectively use.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Pump your strength up to about 120-150 and you'll be able to wear that armour.
ChrisCooper

Post by ChrisCooper »

It's not that mages can't wear it. It's that it puts them at a huge disadvantage. Mages get slower casting speed while wearing medium or heavy armor, and they don't even benefit from the defense bonus due to lack of tactics. So if the heavy int armor is going to be in the game, there might as well be a use for it other than transfers.
jumpstart

Post by jumpstart »

ChrisCooper wrote:It's not that mages can't wear it. It's that it puts them at a huge disadvantage. Mages get slower casting speed while wearing medium or heavy armor, and they don't even benefit from the defense bonus due to lack of tactics. So if the heavy int armor is going to be in the game, there might as well be a use for it other than transfers.
It doesn't make mages cast slower...
I even tested it.
~Mario