hello

Re: Ideas thread 2010

Post by eggmceye »

i'm not reading your shit after saying dragon meat was useless
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Eisenheim wrote:Would be helpful if the moon phases would be shown in the start menu. Last night I died on PD at login (Lycanthrophy/fullmoon/guard...).
(Next time i check on REG the moonphase first, i learned of it...its just an idea :) )
I think all of the servers are on different times, at least they used to be.
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

I've just had an idea for a spell that would make an undead familiar out of a corpse. Oh and for autocrafting - I was hoping that when Dwarfs/Dwarves comes in that they might make machines that do batches for crafting - kinda like an industrial age.
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

Some way to equip to the off-hand with a number hotkey (0-9). Needs to work for weapons. Maybe just alt+# readies to offhand?

Maybe add the ability to set a 'set of weapons' to one hotkey, ss/ss, or foil/shield, etc. and then ready both at one time by hitting the number hotkey.
Last edited by mud on Tue May 25, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

Places to macro skill bumps.

Eg:
Arena has a gym with training equipment to bump up fighter skills.

Ways to make less cheesy:
  • -Skills bump 50% slower
    -Max skill based on player lvl; lvl 100 to gm, or max skill based on stat combination for that weapon
    • eg: LS is a 75/25 weapon so you will need atleast 75/25 str/dex to gm
    -Pay for time in gym
    -Remove University initial training or lower the max %
    -Greatly increase cost at university
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

The ability to leave messages for people who are offline. Could just use the /msg command, and if they're not online, save it for when they are.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You guys on reg must be loaded with cash if you think the university is too cheap. (that and artifacts just by walking around the player housing).

I have an idea for extended play of PD for those who seem to have or the ability to max out their lvls to the 1k limit.

/remort takes you back to lvl 1 with 0 exp but with all the remort bonuses. Hardcore players will level to 1k as one class then /remort and level up again.

Note that remorting later gives you more points to distribute. Most just remort at the min lvl of lvl 75.

*Small bug with remorting later is it takes you many levels for the extra points that go beyond the 150 point distribution. So currently remorting later is no real benefit as you'll just go up levels and not get any points. This could be explained better on my part.

Here's something else. Currently you can hit shift 2 to level up and get your 5 points anywhere. How about that be an option or just mediate at a shrine for the bonuses they give. This would include Sagacity and Vitality but exclude Versatility.

200% single classes.
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

Some way to get items from the bottom of a pile. Maybe add a /filter possibility to 'g' or 'G' ?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

How about searching having it shift the bottom to the top. This could be done repeatedly til you get to the item you desire.
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

Keighn wrote:How about searching having it shift the bottom to the top. This could be done repeatedly til you get to the item you desire.
Hmm, that's not half bad. Would save picking up the whole pile just to drop 90% of it at least.
Shadw
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Shadw »

Keighn wrote:You guys on reg must be loaded with cash if you think the university is too cheap. (that and artifacts just by walking around the player housing).
Well university is kinda cheap to people who've been playing the game for a while and got into it but when you start out on a server with one char it soon becomes cheap from waht you amass during gameplay

Considering it only takes 318750 gold to get a skill to level 50 max and there is only 12 skills to get to 50 so it'll only cost you atleast 3,825,000 gold which isnt terribly much for a person who's played well a while.

But well skill wise some are cheaper to level just by crafting to be quite honest, theres probably only a few skills you would buy max from university mainly carto/fishing rest are easy enough to actually just do the skills.

NightHound, Curing Life one Death at a time.
http://armoury.swut.net/plyr.php?NightHound

ArcaneHound, Casting for the future.
http://armoury.swut.net/plyr.php?ArcaneHound
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

For gnomes, once they reach 100 traps, this bonus stops being meaningful:
can search a chest and see & flag trapped at any traps skill
Maybe at 100 traps, gnomes could gain the ability to auto-search a chest when opening it.
Shadw

Post by Shadw »

mud wrote:For gnomes, once they reach 100 traps, this bonus stops being meaningful:
Maybe at 100 traps, gnomes could gain the ability to auto-search a chest when opening it.
To be quite honest if you've gone gnome rogue the trap ability isnt your reason why it's the stealth bonus you gain at gm'ing it and well with the dex score bonuses.

The whole trap skill goes with the int score bonus which means making gnome mages/other int reliant classes useful on it that skill will aid any class really who don't go rogue with a free trap search perfectly.

but well it doesnt take more then 5 seconds to open a single chest with gm traps so not really a need for autosearch.

NightHound, Curing Life one Death at a time.
http://armoury.swut.net/plyr.php?NightHound

ArcaneHound, Casting for the future.
http://armoury.swut.net/plyr.php?ArcaneHound
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Shadw wrote:
mud wrote:For gnomes, once they reach 100 traps, this bonus stops being meaningful:
but well it doesnt take more then 5 seconds to open a single chest with gm traps so not really a need for autosearch.
As one of the players who has lost a stone to a deadly chest trap I would have appreciated an auto search/disarm.
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

Shadw wrote:
To be quite honest if you've gone gnome rogue the trap ability isnt your reason why it's the stealth bonus you gain at gm'ing it and well with the dex score bonuses.

The whole trap skill goes with the int score bonus which means making gnome mages/other int reliant classes useful on it that skill will aid any class really who don't go rogue with a free trap search perfectly.

Yeah there's not really a need for it, it'd just be a nice little bonus. I suppose you're right, that that's really mostly for gnome mages anyway.
D2U

Post by D2U »

I feel this game has too much info for a noob to try and take in at once, maybie res sickness and hunger should not take effect till lvl 10 like dropping gold so newbies are not overwhelmed with things to pick up on.
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

I agree with the hunger part. When i first started this game, i starved a lot, and i'm sure many others did on their first few hours/days.
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Oh how did you guys survive non-online games before there were cheats (speaking late 70s and 80s here)?
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol

Post by ibrowniedefender »

run and gun FTW!
Grue
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Grue »

Keighn wrote:Oh how did you guys survive non-online games before there were cheats (speaking late 70s and 80s here)?
Speaking as someone who played the earlier Ultima's ( specifically Ultima III ), I didn't, pure and simple. That is the only Ultima betwen I and IV that I didn't eventually beat.
Granted, even back then you had cheats, they were just in book form. :lesson:
Or you heard about it from word of mouth, because the group you ran with was all playing it.

But yeah . . . at least this game allows you to eat, and survive for longer than 5 minutes on that food. Some earlier games were not that forgiving.
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overrides the fear of death. - Speed Freak Motto "
"The Long Run - Daniel Keys Moran"