Postby goemon » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:04 pm

materia and buster swords

:smile:
goemon
on lolpatrol

Postby Zilverlight » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:53 pm

Really love your idea Heikki.

Elemental Attacks and Weaknesses

Fire + more damage vs plants, my Nightmare completely sucks vs wood golems (fire doesn't burn wood???) things like that.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Postby Heikki » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:24 am

New banning/jailing rules to be added:

1. Running through hunting places and "one hit" monsters just to se if it is boss should be bannable/jailable.
2. Running through hunting places in hide + kill only certain monsters in rooms (like only IJO shadow mages) should be bannable/jailable (Counted as reverse cleaning and being so :cheese:)
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Postby The Oracle » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:58 am

Ability to choose one skill only to go over 100%.

As a way to make the game a bit more customizable you can choose to get, not a group of class skills, but only one of your skills to over 100%. Maybe to 110, or 125. This extra percentage would count towards your skill cap, whether you choose to max a classless skill or not. If you chose to do this with a weapon skill you would gain the extra AS or whatever it is you gain with weapon skills, and maybe a new special that can only be learned at the max percentage. If you chose something like fishing, you'd maybe only ever catch wondrous fish and high end maps if you max the skill. It would be interesting and fun imo to come up with ideas for what each skill would do when it is maxed out and even more fun to choose what you want to max, and to see others choose as well. Hehe. And maybe there could be an /unlimitskill command you'd have to do once you've decided what you want so you wouldn't have to limit skills to 100 to stay safe :P
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Postby Heikki » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:25 pm

There is very nice switches in EUO nowdays.
Maybe little refine switch-idea:

Switches that ask words or letters to get activated.

For example:
Magical door can ask: "Say proper power word to open this door"

Joke of day:
Heikki

Postby Chedich » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:30 pm

I think you might be able to do that with the lua scripting.
Chedich
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Postby Heikki » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:11 am

Message board to Nord where players can leave messages.

Joke of day:
Heikki

Postby The Oracle » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:20 pm

I'd like to see a sort of monster run town that closes up during the day but has banks and shops open during the night. Would be a cool addition to Maeondir.

A little further up in this thread Heikki mentioned special offshoot classes from the main three classes.
Heikki wrote:Specialization classes:

1) This choose can be taken only once and there will be no return
2) This choose is optional
3) There will be quests for every special classes

He listed a few and gave some ideas, i think it'd have to be that if you chose to be a specialized class your character would have to still have the 125% class cap and would not be able to level at the shrine of versatility afterwards. Versatility is often the opposite of specialization, after all ;) I liked the idea so much, though, that I scribbled down some whimsical ideas of my own.

Rogue classes
------------------------
Bard
Description - A less brutish type of adventurer that uses the power of song to affect those around them.
Class skills - lockpicking, traps, stealth, a specialized style of unarmed (takes 80% damage bonus from dex, and 20% from str), and music (which takes 80% of skill bonus from dex and 20% from int).
Class pros - Music is the ability to use play tunes on a readied instrument - literally almost exactly the same as casting a spell - who's effects include area party buffs, and area status effects on enemies. Enchanting raises 10% faster.
Clan cons - No ranged, no shortswords, no foils. Bardic unarmed raises 10% slower, and since a two handed instrument must be readied to play tunes, using UA weapons would be unwise.

Hunter
Description - For those who seek no more companions than the land, the animals, and their bow.
Class skills - Ranged, lockpicking, traps.
Class pros - Can shoot targets farther away. Ranged is always 10% faster. Two pets are allowed at once. Pets can grow to 110% thier normal max level. Cartography raises 10% faster.
Class cons - No stealth, no shortswords, no foils. Permanent defense nerf.

Stalker
Description - The perfect assassins, they can follow anyone unseen, waiting for just the right moment to strike.
Class skills - Stealth, shortswords, lockpicking.
Class pros - Ability to gain movement speed equal to that of a horse. Ability to move over any terrain without speed reduction. Ability to move at full speed while hidden. Chance to paralyze or blind on backstab. Backstab penetrates any armor.
Class cons - No ranged, no foils, no traps. All pros listed as an "ability" can only be achieved if wearing full unarmored gear, or no gear. All pros listed as an ability can only be achieved if 80% of all stats are in dexterity - which is a slight nerf to bonus damage on shortswords.

Fighter classes
------------------------
Noble
Description - Trained from youth to be leaders in battle, they are the swiftest of fighters.
Class skills - Tactics, a specialized style of longswords (takes 25% of damage bonus from str, ans 75% from dex), and ranged.
Class pros - Defense boost when wearing full medium armor. Medium armor does not slow movement at all. Ability to dual wield one handed longswords. Can tame human-type enemies. Only fighter class with ranged.
Class cons - No maces, polearms, or axes. No block. Heavy armor slows by 50% more than normal rate, and prevents ability to dual wield longswords.

Defender
Description - Built like stone walls, they are known to be survivors in heated combat.
Class skills - Block, tactics, longswords, axes, polearms, maces.
Class pros - When shield is equipped player receives an automatic defense and MR boost when hp runs low (based on block skill, and strength). Tactics adds 10% to total hp when maxed.
Class cons - Permanent movement speed nerf. Permanent AS nerf.

Berserker
Description - Sanity is often not the mark of the seasoned warrior.
Class skills - Tactics, maces, polearms, axes.
Class pros - AS, movement speed, and attack speed are raised to 150% of normal amounts while rage is full.
Class cons - No block. AS, and attack speed are at 50% of normal amounts when rage is empty. Using rage in order to use a special will often be less effective than simply leaving your rage full for as long as possible.

Mage classes
-----------------------
Priest

Battlemage

Necromancer

I'm usually pretty bad at knowing how magic stuff works in EUO, but those seem the most obvious subclasses of mages. I hope someone comes up with cool ideas for this. It'd be badass if we ever do see this type of expansion :smoke:
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Postby Eidolon » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:51 pm

You realize you didnt put foils in there at all for rogue subclasses right? :P

And maybe I'm looking at it negatively when I say this whole subclass thing sounds shitty to me.
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Postby eggmceye » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:55 pm

yeh you are looking at it negatively, it's a pretty hot topic IMHO (but it has to be done right)
eggmceye
hello

Postby Keighn » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:49 am

Heikki wrote:Message board to Nord where players can leave messages.

This is a cool idea. I like message boards, but perhaps there should be a limit to the number of messages that are left by characters. A money sink of say 1,000gp per Message token (token for lack of a better name) would be an idea. Similar to a merchant up to 3 tokens may be deposited to keep the message up. 1 token is used per week. If I were to say a limit of messages I'd say about 1 message per 25 levels of experience could be left at each message board (just a suggestion). (50 words max for message boards

Where should a message board be? Why in the post office of course. Here people could post their EUO Most wanted Ads or "Meet me here at this time/place," etc...

Post Offices could also enable players to write letters (100 words max) to other players that they could pick up. They need to have a blank scroll and buy a stamp (250 gp). Letters can be read once and disappear.

Quest options for Post Offices would be simple "Deliver this package/letter" to xxx town's Post office. Rewards could be random 50 - 1,000gp.

I know that chat can be used to cover a lot of this but some people just might enjoy this sort of stuff and it is a money sink of sorts.
Photobucket Suckz Monkey Nutz
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Location: From the depths of Oregon he returns.... KEIGHN!!!!

Postby Chedich » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:22 am

Keighn wrote:
Heikki wrote:Message board to Nord where players can leave messages.

This is a cool idea. I like message boards, but perhaps there should be a limit to the number of messages that are left by characters. A money sink of say 1,000gp per Message token (token for lack of a better name) would be an idea. Similar to a merchant up to 3 tokens may be deposited to keep the message up. 1 token is used per week. If I were to say a limit of messages I'd say about 1 message per 25 levels of experience could be left at each message board (just a suggestion). (50 words max for message boards

Where should a message board be? Why in the post office of course. Here people could post their EUO Most wanted Ads or "Meet me here at this time/place," etc...

Post Offices could also enable players to write letters (100 words max) to other players that they could pick up. They need to have a blank scroll and buy a stamp (250 gp). Letters can be read once and disappear.

Quest options for Post Offices would be simple "Deliver this package/letter" to xxx town's Post office. Rewards could be random 50 - 1,000gp.

I know that chat can be used to cover a lot of this but some people just might enjoy this sort of stuff and it is a money sink of sorts.

I like the idea as well. Maybe posters instead of tokens, 5,000gp per poster, a maximum of 2 posters per account and 500 characters per poster? That would probably work a bit better.

I like the post office quests as well, but the reward should probably be maxed out at 500gp(to avoid abuse, or simply just limit the amount of post offices quests you're able to do per day) and a time limit on the quests.

On second though, you probably didn't mean that the post office quests would be repeatable, if that's the case, ignore the paragraph above.
Chedich

Postby goemon » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:55 pm

-notes! you take a blank and a quil and enter text into a scroll, a player looks at it and will see what you wrote.
:) would be helpful in a number of things.

-cigs to detect lazers!

-some type of throwing weapon (knifes, stars, metalman razors, rocks? uhhh food?) would be a cool thing for the ranged skill

-maybe enchanted armor? there arent many buffer spells that might work well with armor, maybe polymorph OR! enchanted shield? they would have a spell counter (or maybe poison or bleeding) maybe that would work with armor too
EX:
you get hit and block an attack, then you have a slight chance of triggering your enchant/tint
goemon
on lolpatrol

Postby Bk » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:39 am

I haven't read the Forty-some~odd pages in here, but reading goemon's post I thought of something (probably said before, maybe not)

But enchanted shield (ONLY SHEILD, not torso and all other slots.. way to overpowered):

Shield can be enchanted with spells cast by monster:
~VOG
~VF
~IFH
~INH
~XJ
~XC
~GP
~XMP
~KXQ

*Basically any spell that would require YOU/YOUR CHARACTER as a targer*
Junk like that.

BUT using a shield enchanted with the spell you have a chance:
~50% chance of reducing dmg (if a dmg inflicting spell) by 50%...
~12.5% chance of completely blocking the spell (ie. NO DAMAGE.. only a 1/8 chance so not too high, but useful)

If it's not a dmg inflicting spell, but just a status changing spell, you could have:
~25% chance of it not working... ALSO take into consideration that this is higher than for dmg BECAUSE it doesn't always work 100% of the time, compared to dmg spells that deal dmg 100% of the time.

DON'T make a full set of enchanted sheilds for EVERY spell, because that would hinder mages abilities in PvP, so only use common spells of monsters to make the list of spells to be possibly enchanted on shields., possibly don't even put in an XC one (kinda overpowered to stop a spell named 'KILL'.. :roll: )
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Postby Heikki » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:30 pm

Fields where you can shift + U hoes (as fishing rod in fishing)

You can get for example :
Carrots
Potatoes
Or even Enchanted Turnip with super luck!

Joke of day:
Heikki

Postby laz » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:09 am

^ awesome! really liked that idea! :)

Here's what i'd like to suggest: (dont think it's a bug though):
euo-sidemenu3.png

could the space to the right of the item count be smaller so that the > doesnt get over the hundreds algarism?

and.. also:
euo-sidemenu1.png

euo-sidemenu2.png

If you pay close attention, you'll see the item list does not exceed the visible space. So, i wonder if it could be made steady, and have the item selector scroll down from the first until the last visible item, and from then on the list would scroll up.

In case i was not very clear expressing myself, please let me know. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
laz

Postby BlackMage » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:27 pm

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I think that it's worth mentioning again.

I'd like to see a command for pets added: attack <playername>.

I think that would be the coolest thing ever. And since the player commanded the attack, the player would still get the consenquences of crim time (since it IS their pet).

I'd also like to see guard tweaked a bit. I think that if your pet is in "guard" mode, it should attack those that are attacking you, player and mob.
"All things end in judgement."
BlackMage
I should probably get out more.

Re: Things you'd like to see with EUO 1.3

Postby Heikki » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:09 pm

Custom user interface.
Where players change places of stats window, game window and message window.

Joke of day:
Heikki

Postby Heikki » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:55 pm

Wild idea:

Artificer crafting skill.
With this skill players are able to craft smoke bombs, blunderbuss and other powder based items.

Powder based items should have chance of malfunctions.... like one in 50 shot :mrgreen:

Joke of day:
Heikki

Postby Keighn » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:09 am

I haven't played with massive inventories much, but can you move items around up or down a level for easier organization. That would be a very keen and clean idea.
Photobucket Suckz Monkey Nutz
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Location: From the depths of Oregon he returns.... KEIGHN!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Old Ideas Threads