Ideas thread 2008

Moderator: EUO Moderators

DarkIllusionist
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by DarkIllusionist »

Add 2 handed staffs, voila, now we have to "choose" between 1 handed and 2 handed!.

And we have tradeoff.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

I'd like to see a magery spell, and a scroll that can be inscribed that has the distance of OG but instead of inflicting damage to enemies it grabs dropped items that are normally out of reach. Its annoying in parts of the game like the end of pendragon where you fight the ballys but have no way of getting their drops.
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

Eclips wrote:I'd like to see a magery spell, and a scroll that can be inscribed that has the distance of OG but instead of inflicting damage to enemies it grabs dropped items that are normally out of reach. Its annoying in parts of the game like the end of pendragon where you fight the ballys but have no way of getting their drops.
Yeah I like that idea. But of course make it a low level spell so the fighter and rogues can use it.
~Mario
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

well thats why i said it should be a scroll that can be inscribed.
Devlin
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Devlin »

Heikki wrote:3) Making rogues critical hits stronger (Rogues needs boost)
No. If rogues need a boost, then artifacts should drop from EVERY monster </sarcasm>
Eclips wrote:I'd like to see a magery spell, and a scroll that can be inscribed that has the distance of OG but instead of inflicting damage to enemies it grabs dropped items that are normally out of reach. Its annoying in parts of the game like the end of pendragon where you fight the ballys but have no way of getting their drops.
That could be made easier by making it possible to blink in that area. Telekinesis = tool of thieving dicks.

I'd like to see some more class-based perks - eg. no/lesser speed penalty for fighters wearing heavy armour.
Fighters make good meat shields but if we have to leg it(a distance) we're usually dead(at least I am - I don't suck *that* badly) before we can get away(unless we invis/use a KOP scroll :)).[/quote]
Grodst

Post by Grodst »

If speed is a problem, Dev, then wear light gear like the rest of fighters over lvl 60 or so when you hunt. You think armor is gonna help you vs a dragon that is gonna blast you from 4 spaces away?

Heavy armour is at it's best vs melee and PvP. Not reason for it vs upper lvl monsters. What's a Bally's AS? Not enough armour in the world to save you.

Rogues are far better fighters past lvl 80 in PvM than even guys like Artemis already. Omar can deal far more damage than fighters twice his lvl....why buff them more? Case in point...mass hunt last night and Art couldn't even get Reds to attack him so he could be a freakin meat shield for the mages. Goeman was insta-kabob with his speed damage over and over.
That said, new AI system makes more sense...constantly makes game better and more challenging for power lvl'rs to cheese things. Lvl 209 mage sure can't power lvl any newbs and expect them to get xp or even to survive himself w/o insane luck. Back to the drawing board folks! Cheeses are out there, we just have to find em before egg does.
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

Rogues do good damage when they aren't up against a mob or player with high defense. Rogues have lower AS than fighters due to not being able to have more than 25 tactics. I don't really think rogues need to be more powerful, they just need some way to be able to deal with high defense. Point blank head shot doesn't really do the job. I think that when a rogue backstabs their AS should be increased along with their damage. Maybe by * 2 or * 3 for 100 stealth. That way a rogue could use their backstab to be able to handle high def mobs. I also think the backstab failure rate is too high. It should be more like 10% instead of the 25% is now. And if you miss a backstab you should at least get a normal hit, not just stand there.
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

Possibly if backstab works or doesn't work, you, like Rusty said, get a regular hit, and follow through with your second weapon. No big deal really, but I was just getting frustrated a little earlier hitting 297 dmg BS's on whites, and w/ that follow through (which sould be there), they would die, but it's not big deal.
Backstabb
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by Backstabb »

Have a certian item you would like to find one one of u guys but you dont knwo witch one it is on? I know i have that problem alot. I was thinking about having a bank but a giant bank for all of your players on your account. For example, If i went to find my staff +5 i would have to get on Merry and look in her bank, with this all fo the charcters on your account just have one giant bank. i guess kind of a werehouse sorta deal. :smoke:

AllForWill.
Regular
---------------------

Columbus---------> 53

Backstabb---------> 29

Canaan------------> 32

Permant Death
----------------------
SirVerrath--------->56
laz

Post by laz »

AFW: that's a house you're talkin about!
:grubby:
Backstabb
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by Backstabb »

No, like everyones bank on your account in a huge bank. Not talking about a house. I intent to buy me a house soon actually. :smoke:
Regular
---------------------

Columbus---------> 53

Backstabb---------> 29

Canaan------------> 32

Permant Death
----------------------
SirVerrath--------->56
laz

Post by laz »

But you see, the idea of having a house is exactly not needing a bank, plus the perk of sharing it all with your alts. If you'd get that (sharing account with alts) a lot of houses wouldnt be there - i think, at least.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

magic shield for rogues/fighters, very very very small chance to block/negate a magic attack (maybe 1/2 - 1/4 chance of reg sheild of same size's chance of blocking a melee attack). would not block melee attacks.

new form of trading, similar to UO's trade window:
hit shift + t, direction for who you want to trade with, opens the trade option in the text area of your euo screen. you select what you want to give from your inventory, the person you are trading with does the same, and both people can see what the other is giving. you type '/accept' to accept the trade, and when both people have done that, trade is complete, and items are transferred.
laz

Post by laz »

The magic shield could be enchant based? I think it is appropriate.
DarkIllusionist

I reckon there should be improvements to the VYR spell, something along the lines of increased AS, Defence and Str depending on your int, but never to the point of a fighter.

Or, make it so you actually turn into the whatever colored dragon depending on your int, and you can only cast the spells that dragon could normally cast. Etc etc.
Raiden
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Raiden »

Magick shields? Interesting.
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Pressing the space bar should be required to enter a treasure hole rather than just walking on it. It's pretty harsh for the newb who falls into a cave from a level 15 map.
Aristarch

Post by Aristarch »

After "Already logged in" message it should be possible to retry with single key press instead of getting back to splash screen and having to retype the password for 5 minutes.
Foul beast approaches?!
Sharingan
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Sharingan »

Ken Oh wrote:Gaining levels with your already-tamed pet would be what gives you training. It, after all, trains you to have a pet. Then, when you have leveled up your pet enough (or maybe two pets worth of leveling), you can move on to more difficult pets.

This would both take the tedium out of training (I've read half of a book while getting my taming from 65-70) and it would give an incentive for players to start taming early. Also, you'd see players actually using all those monsters as pets. When is the last time you saw a trained Mongbat?
I actually think this is a good idea.
DarkIllusionist

I'm a low level tamer (lvl 35, 70 taming), though i have to say the only reason i haven't smashed the keyboard against the wall is because I'm a mage.

I like the idea, its kinda annoying pressing the same button over again just to get taming up that extra 1%.