Ideas thread 2008

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

WbBann wrote:When sizing people up, I think you should be able to check peoples level out, like the old days. Reason being is because you can check peoples level on armoury, I check peoples level quite often just out of curiousty, and because some people act like the big man but are really half my level. :p Checking peoples levels ingame would be 10x faster, armoury is good aswell for checking people who are offline and there biography thing. This would also be good for hunting, i.e. lvl 5 newb sizes up guy and hes lvl 6, then he asks him if he wants to hunt with him.

Yeah might as well. You can just look up their level online, so its not like privacy is an issue.
Vatara
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Some Random Gaming Ideas for EUO

Post by Vatara »

I have been playing for about a month now and I am getting to love EUO, but there are some things I would love to see added to the game. I make note that I am not a mod, I do not own the game and I do not claim to know ANYTHING on the works of the game, these are only my suggestions free to use at egg's leisure.

1. The ability to have an avatar from some other site ( example...Vegeta )
2. A dungeon designed for lvl 30-50 as that area gets very hard to train.
3. Alot more new quests
4. A guild hall city ( please see eggs Clan Halls Post on clan forums for my idea there )
5. Every second weekend for double EXP
6. More monsters...example drow, elves, dwarves and so on
7. A taming suggestion - Unicorns with OG through there horns

Thats all I have for now. If anyone else would like to add to this please feel free to, its our contribution that gives egg new ideas.
Its Not Weather You Win Or Lose Its How You Play The Game!
WbBann
Here for the lesbians.

Post by WbBann »

Vatara wrote:I have been playing for about a month now and I am getting to love EUO, but there are some things I would love to see added to the game. I make note that I am not a mod, I do not own the game and I do not claim to know ANYTHING on the works of the game, these are only my suggestions free to use at egg's leisure.

3. Alot more new quests
4. A guild hall city ( please see eggs Clan Halls Post on clan forums for my idea there )

Thats all I have for now. If anyone else would like to add to this please feel free to, its our contribution that gives egg new ideas.

1 -
Don't understand.
2-
Yeah fair enough, its a tough area to level in
3-
Isn't there a couple 100 atm?
4-
Good idea.
5-
Bad idea, it would mean the game would be full of level 100+ LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON.
6-
Fair enough, but the main problem is finding hunting areas to put these monsters in.
7-
o.0?
Vatara
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Vatara »

[quote="WbBann"][quote="Vatara"]

1 -
Don't understand.

Simply put like your favorite cartoon T.V show and choose a char and have an avatar made out of them , like Dragonballz have a Vegeta avatar.
Its Not Weather You Win Or Lose Its How You Play The Game!
WbBann
Here for the lesbians.

Post by WbBann »

I think if you make the avatar, you can pay egg some money and he'll make it your avatar. (its gotta look good though).
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

Vatara wrote:an avatar made out of them , like Dragonballz have a Vegeta avatar.
Please, no :uhh:
It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious.

Heniek, Macros, Reptile [reg]
Undertow, Macros, Khelavaster, Reptile, Burn [PD]
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

I believe there would be copyright issues with that, more importantly, it would destroy the entire feel of the game seeing Vegeta running around the game, doesn't exactly fit into the kinda middle ages look the game has now.
omnihero
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

My thoughts....

Post by omnihero »

Vatara wrote:I have been playing for about a month now and I am getting to love EUO, but there are some things I would love to see added to the game. I make note that I am not a mod, I do not own the game and I do not claim to know ANYTHING on the works of the game, these are only my suggestions free to use at egg's leisure.

3. Alot more new quests

1. Interesting I knew you'd use Vegeta as your example I'd have used Link or maybe Dante.
2. Yes Kazadoom is too weak and Minos was too hard until around 45
3. Maybe not a lot more but at least do something about those stones i almost have them all and thier just going to sit there...
4. Most definatly an idea i like and make the existing ones "Premium" halls for those that have both paid and earned them
5. Yikes You realize the Lag that would create? baoth every second month or somethign would be nice but every second weekend *shudders*
6. You and Drow every time -.-; but yes a few new enemies for me to fry with VOG would be nice.
7. yes a I'd like to be able too feed brains to a zombie and tame it...
War isn't a game sure one side wins and one side loses..... and it's a lot of fun.... HEY!!! Maybe it is a game!!!!!
There will always be shadows and I will always be one of them!
YARG!!!
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

3. Alot more new quests

1. No. Like Eclips said, it would kinda ruin the feel of the game, If you want a vegeta avatar, you can make it, then edit your own pics files so that you and you alone, can see yourself as Vegeta. You could remake ALL the avatars to match to DragonBall Z Chars, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokémon.. whatever the hell you want. :D And I don't think egg doesn't do personal avatars anymore, I think he said a while back that he had stopped doing that.

2. Yes... A lot of people would share a similar opinion on this...

3. I feel there sould be some group of people, maybe the GMs, that can contribute quest ideas secretly among each other and egg, to come up with a few more quest, only request I have is to make them VERY long, hard, and tedious. Nothing that requires to kill one monster and shazzam, you get 10x the experience of killing 5 of the same monster hunting...

4. Yes, but a very small space for the clans. Like a player house, but linked to a clan and the halls are two floors, both about only 20 x 20 maybe, and no one can edit like houses, but can only place containers, and on entrance that requires a clan hall key, but I aslo feel that the older clans that were made by egg, not by / command do deserve a hall a little more, egg had to approve of their uprising, but now, you don't need eggs approval anymore.

5. Maybe once a month, or once two months.. if you make it too often, the player base will deminish on the weekdays, and every other weekend, you'd see like 20 people on.

6. Yea, maybe a few more monsters, but nothing on the lines of those, something unique... I'd like to see a map or two with the Dark monsters in it.. Not like the DarkDragon and HolyDragon that drop awesome shit, but just the ordinary Dark stuff that Atraxis summons up.

7. Add unicorns as a nuetral monster (ie. Rabbits and Cows) and make drop Unicorn Horns, and take those and throw in a few more recipes for enchanting, alchemy and stuff...
Bk

Post by Bk »

omnihero wrote:3. Maybe not a lot more but at least do something about those stones i almost have them all and thier just going to sit there...

I know A LOT of the time fortune cookies lie (Damned cookies!), but I have had one that with all 8 together they are used for something.. X-D But dunno if it's true.
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

Retint wand:
- Randomly put new tint on item (remove old)
- Works only on tinted items
- One use item
- 50% item break every time
- As rare as transferrence wand
- 25 % chance to get one higher item (on roll 1-25 on d100)
- 25 % chance to get lower item (on roll 26-50 on d100)
- 50% chance to get item with same stat (on roll 51-100 on d100)

For examples:
1) Re tint copper short sword +6 -----> 50% break (succes) and [75 on d100 = same stat] -----> +6 venomous short sword
2) Re tint copper short sword +6 -----> 50% break (fail) -----> Lost item
3) Re tint copper short sword +6 -----> 50% break (succes) and [11 on d100 = higher stat] -----> +7 runed short sword
and so on and so on
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Heavy and medium neck armours.
Because there is allready amulets (UA) and spiked collars (light).

Like plate gorget and chain gorget.

Allso adamantium tints on rings and necklases might be nice.

Joke of day:
Daemon
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Buying

Post by Daemon »

It would be nice to have it so you can buy exact quantities from an NPC merchant, maybe using the = button to then input a number.

Would certainly make buying reagents a lot easier.
LAUGHING OUTSIDE LIKE A MORMON
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Heikki wrote:Heavy and medium neck armours.

Allso adamantium tints on rings and necklases might be nice.

I think necklaces are all supposed to be mostly weightless, with the exception of spike collars. I dont think egg made them with the intention of being UA and light. I think instead they are UA and spiked collars simply aren't UA. I can't imagine why we would need heavier necklaces anyways.
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

I can't imagine why we would need heavier necklaces anyways.

Why not? :D
Heavy set with shiny heavy gorget is just cooler that heavy set with amulet.

I undserstand that people hate heavy / medium drops
(because they slows players down.. but I think that cannot be reason to NOT have medium/heavy neck items)

I just played ultima VII and got that idea from that.

I want those items to game just for cool look :)

Joke of day:
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

What would you even use for neck pieces of each weight?

-Light neck-
Frilly scarf
Spiked collar

-Med Neck-
Pimp Medallion
Flava Flav clock

-Heavy Neck-
Black Cobra- Just to go around the neck (Grandma's boy reference)
Green Ranger's Golden Armor
BlackMage
I should probably get out more.

Post by BlackMage »

Heikki wrote:Heavy and medium neck armours.

Eclips wrote:What would you even use for neck pieces of each weight?
"All things end in judgement."
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I like 'frilly scarf'
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

Eclips wrote:Black Cobra- Just to go around the neck (Grandma's boy reference
man you didnt even needa put the reference in there. you know how many stoners play euo, shiiiit :P

definite cool points tho haha
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

How hard would it be to turn sertain terrains like towns and stuff into Imobile items?
Then you could place these items on any terrain tile.
The biggest problem with this would be converting all the old maps over to use the item terrain.
Here is an example of some terrains that could be converted to items.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.