Ideas thread 2008

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

You realize you didnt put foils in there at all for rogue subclasses right? :P

And maybe I'm looking at it negatively when I say this whole subclass thing sounds shitty to me.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh you are looking at it negatively, it's a pretty hot topic IMHO (but it has to be done right)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Heikki wrote:Message board to Nord where players can leave messages.
This is a cool idea. I like message boards, but perhaps there should be a limit to the number of messages that are left by characters. A money sink of say 1,000gp per Message token (token for lack of a better name) would be an idea. Similar to a merchant up to 3 tokens may be deposited to keep the message up. 1 token is used per week. If I were to say a limit of messages I'd say about 1 message per 25 levels of experience could be left at each message board (just a suggestion). (50 words max for message boards

Where should a message board be? Why in the post office of course. Here people could post their EUO Most wanted Ads or "Meet me here at this time/place," etc...

Post Offices could also enable players to write letters (100 words max) to other players that they could pick up. They need to have a blank scroll and buy a stamp (250 gp). Letters can be read once and disappear.

Quest options for Post Offices would be simple "Deliver this package/letter" to xxx town's Post office. Rewards could be random 50 - 1,000gp.

I know that chat can be used to cover a lot of this but some people just might enjoy this sort of stuff and it is a money sink of sorts.
ZUPS!!!!
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

Keighn wrote:
Heikki wrote:Message board to Nord where players can leave messages.
This is a cool idea. I like message boards, but perhaps there should be a limit to the number of messages that are left by characters. A money sink of say 1,000gp per Message token (token for lack of a better name) would be an idea. Similar to a merchant up to 3 tokens may be deposited to keep the message up. 1 token is used per week. If I were to say a limit of messages I'd say about 1 message per 25 levels of experience could be left at each message board (just a suggestion). (50 words max for message boards

Where should a message board be? Why in the post office of course. Here people could post their EUO Most wanted Ads or "Meet me here at this time/place," etc...

Post Offices could also enable players to write letters (100 words max) to other players that they could pick up. They need to have a blank scroll and buy a stamp (250 gp). Letters can be read once and disappear.

Quest options for Post Offices would be simple "Deliver this package/letter" to xxx town's Post office. Rewards could be random 50 - 1,000gp.

I know that chat can be used to cover a lot of this but some people just might enjoy this sort of stuff and it is a money sink of sorts.
I like the idea as well. Maybe posters instead of tokens, 5,000gp per poster, a maximum of 2 posters per account and 500 characters per poster? That would probably work a bit better.

I like the post office quests as well, but the reward should probably be maxed out at 500gp(to avoid abuse, or simply just limit the amount of post offices quests you're able to do per day) and a time limit on the quests.

On second though, you probably didn't mean that the post office quests would be repeatable, if that's the case, ignore the paragraph above.
goemon
on lolpatrol

Post by goemon »

-notes! you take a blank and a quil and enter text into a scroll, a player looks at it and will see what you wrote.
:) would be helpful in a number of things.

-cigs to detect lazers!

-some type of throwing weapon (knifes, stars, metalman razors, rocks? uhhh food?) would be a cool thing for the ranged skill

-maybe enchanted armor? there arent many buffer spells that might work well with armor, maybe polymorph OR! enchanted shield? they would have a spell counter (or maybe poison or bleeding) maybe that would work with armor too
EX:
you get hit and block an attack, then you have a slight chance of triggering your enchant/tint
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

I haven't read the Forty-some~odd pages in here, but reading goemon's post I thought of something (probably said before, maybe not)

But enchanted shield (ONLY SHEILD, not torso and all other slots.. way to overpowered):

Shield can be enchanted with spells cast by monster:
~VOG
~VF
~IFH
~INH
~XJ
~XC
~GP
~XMP
~KXQ

*Basically any spell that would require YOU/YOUR CHARACTER as a targer*
Junk like that.

BUT using a shield enchanted with the spell you have a chance:
~50% chance of reducing dmg (if a dmg inflicting spell) by 50%...
~12.5% chance of completely blocking the spell (ie. NO DAMAGE.. only a 1/8 chance so not too high, but useful)

If it's not a dmg inflicting spell, but just a status changing spell, you could have:
~25% chance of it not working... ALSO take into consideration that this is higher than for dmg BECAUSE it doesn't always work 100% of the time, compared to dmg spells that deal dmg 100% of the time.

DON'T make a full set of enchanted sheilds for EVERY spell, because that would hinder mages abilities in PvP, so only use common spells of monsters to make the list of spells to be possibly enchanted on shields., possibly don't even put in an XC one (kinda overpowered to stop a spell named 'KILL'.. :roll: )
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

Fields where you can shift + U hoes (as fishing rod in fishing)

You can get for example :
Carrots
Potatoes
Or even Enchanted Turnip with super luck!
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
laz
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by laz »

^ awesome! really liked that idea! :)

Here's what i'd like to suggest: (dont think it's a bug though):
euo-sidemenu3.png
could the space to the right of the item count be smaller so that the > doesnt get over the hundreds algarism?

and.. also:
euo-sidemenu1.png
euo-sidemenu2.png
If you pay close attention, you'll see the item list does not exceed the visible space. So, i wonder if it could be made steady, and have the item selector scroll down from the first until the last visible item, and from then on the list would scroll up.

In case i was not very clear expressing myself, please let me know. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BlackMage
I should probably get out more.

Post by BlackMage »

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I think that it's worth mentioning again.

I'd like to see a command for pets added: attack <playername>.

I think that would be the coolest thing ever. And since the player commanded the attack, the player would still get the consenquences of crim time (since it IS their pet).

I'd also like to see guard tweaked a bit. I think that if your pet is in "guard" mode, it should attack those that are attacking you, player and mob.
"All things end in judgement."
Heikki

Re: Things you'd like to see with EUO 1.3

Post by Heikki »

Custom user interface.
Where players change places of stats window, game window and message window.

Joke of day:
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Wild idea:

Artificer crafting skill.
With this skill players are able to craft smoke bombs, blunderbuss and other powder based items.

Powder based items should have chance of malfunctions.... like one in 50 shot :mrgreen:

Joke of day:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I haven't played with massive inventories much, but can you move items around up or down a level for easier organization. That would be a very keen and clean idea.
ZUPS!!!!
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Gambling hall to nord.
In hall players can win and loose gold with dice rolling etcetera.

Joke of day:
Heikki

Post by Heikki »

Keighn wrote:
I haven't played with massive inventories much, but can you move items around up or down a level for easier organization. That would be a very keen and clean idea.
Amen.. Best idea for ages :dance:

Joke of day:
Sharingan
Here for the lesbians.

Monsters leveling up idea!

Post by Sharingan »

I was thinking when you fight a mob, say a minotaur since it seems to be a favorite for most, it would start off as level 1. When you kill it , the next time it re spawns it would re spawn as level 2. When you kill it at level 2, it would re spawn at level 3 and so forth. Maybe cap it at a maximum of level 5, and when you kill that it would reset back to level 1.

At each level growth, they could gain 25% of everything (e.g., Health, Damage Dealt, EXP, Gold, etc). So theoretically, if you were fighting a level 5 mob you would basically be fighting something that is 2x as strong.

Another idea is since Bosses are already 2x as strong as the normal ones, they would basically be considered equivalent with level 5. So maybe 25-50% of the mobs re spawn as level 5 would become a boss? I dunno.

I just thought it be interesting to fight a group of minos and wonder why you're dealt different damage points. I think this could also prevent people just charging in and assuming they could take so many at once.

This would also prevent the demand for "harder" monsters.

I think this might be quite an unique idea.

Add on to the idea if ya like it.
WbBann
Here for the lesbians.

Re: Monsters leveling up idea!

Post by WbBann »

Nice idea in general but this would make the higher end monsters real hard, like balrons would be invincible. So people would just grind on minotaurs that'd give them 125% more exp which is a lot, considering they die in one hit at a high level (and maybe 2 hits at lvl 5 as you're suggesting) then people would just grind them for faster exp.. think about it, I clear mino halls at lvl 120 and get like 2, 3% exp or maybe 4%, if it was 10%, 15% or 20% for clearing mino halls it would make power gaming to easy as people just wouldn't bother with dragons etc.

Nicesh idea but flaws...

Maybe if a monster kills a player they gain levels? Like one level up per kill. (within reason, not a balron slaughtering poor old joe bloggs at lvl 1). That way you can gain a tadge bit extra with the risk that you're fighting a potentially dangerous monster?

I do blab on a bit...
Sharingan
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Sharingan »

Hello Mr. Simpleton how have you been? So the mighty WbBann gains a whopping 2-3-4%? from minos with an super awesome ultra 120 lvl character?! WOW!! I am impressed.

Jokes aside, lets see how long you survive when these simple minotaurs end up smashing you with 2x more damage than you're use too. Then tell me that you'd enjoy grinding off these easy bums.

Let me try to break this down for ya:
Would you agree that: 2 minotaurs = 1 minotaur twice as strong?
Would you also agree that they would take about the same amount of time to kill?
WbBann wrote: Nicesh idea but flaws...
As far as this quote goes, the Wright Brothers' idea on the first ever plane was "nicesh" but flawed...
but I guess if the world saw it the way you did, we'd still be walking eh?

Try to be a little more optimistic rather than quickly trying to shoot an idea down. How else will people be willing to share their thoughts?
ChrisCooper

Post by ChrisCooper »

I'll tell you right now Shar, this idea is just plain dumb.

So say a player kills a few level ones. Another player comes along and kills level 2's, and on and on.

Then, a newbie who would NEED to kill minotaurs to get decent exp would have to deal with the level 5's? No. That idea is stupid, and I shouldn't have to ramble on for 5 minutes in order to explain why. It should be obvious.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
The Oracle
on lolpatrol

Post by The Oracle »

It's really not as good an idea as you think Sharingan. If this were a poll I'd say "NO".
Chris wrote:I shouldn't have to ramble on for 5 minutes in order to explain why. It should be obvious.
I second that.
WbBann
Here for the lesbians.

Post by WbBann »

No need to insult me. :(

PS: yeha my char is an awesome, amazing wooow lvl 120 char, because I was honestly bragging right?